• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

mr2xxx

Banned
...what? Why wouldn't you just buy a 3DS? What's the value of limited portability on portable games?

Because I wouldn't want to buy 3ds for just a few games. Already have a Vita collecting dust as it is. Also I don't need the portability, I would just want want the occasional game like Fire Emblem to play. The Wii Pad is touch and I'm sure they could split the screen in half to match the 3ds, fuck the 3d. If the SNES had a gameboy emulator cartridge why not the Wii U.

cdyhybrid

I had a good bit of scotch last night. Going to finish off the bottle tonight. Luckily I still have some Jameson left for the weekend.

Fox318

I watched the video, kinda rooting for the guy

rQVQG3s.jpg

So apparently that Aliens game is awful and the Wii U version is delayed indefinitely possibly?

Wii U can't catch a break! That leaves MH3 as the next release worth getting I guess.
I thought it looked bad from the get go
He's not really an underdog when he stole $40 million.......
never said he was a underdog, but if he's willing to put the work in to come back I'll root for him. The Jets are gonna need a Qb at some point.

@fox :jnc at the pic

brentech

Fuck jamarcus news when you got Johnny Knox going out.

In fact, he was thankful for the way the Bears treated him, paying him his full salary for 2012 and allowing him to remain a part of the team.

“It was something that I’ve prepared myself for throughout the season,” says Knox, who failed a physical immediately after the 2012 season. “I knew it was going to come one day so there were no hard feelings toward the Bears.”
Glad the Bears paid him 2012 salary. Hopefully management will continue to invest in the kid's health. So young, and being a later pick its not like his future wealth is totally guaranteed. Even if he was always smart with his income.
Type of instance where you hope the NFL or whoever steps up and takes care of any medical costs.
That's a sad story.

Glad the Bears paid him 2012 salary. Hopefully management will continue to invest in the kid's health. So young, and being a later pick its not like his future wealth is totally guaranteed. Even if he was always smart with his income.
Type of instance where you hope the NFL or whoever steps up and takes care of any medical costs.
That's a sad story.
I may be mistaken but dosent the NFL have some kind of plan for taking care of players like this now?

Its a scary thought thinking about if Al Davis had picked Megatron over JaMarcus in the 2007 draft like a lot of rumors suggested at the time.

Even though Matt Millen destroyed our franchise for a decade, JaMarcus would've set us back till at least 2017.

you guys are still "set back" because you never moved forward. your tradional once-per-decade playoff visit was already secured. look forward to 2021 if the nfl still exists!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
you guys are still "set back" because you never moved forward. your tradional once-per-decade playoff visit was already secured.

Nonsense. Things have changed in D Town and we're being led by a 25 year old more talented than any QB we've ever had.

We have to win eventually and if anyone can lead us to the glory land, its Stafford.

Maybe Shaun Hill if need be.

look forward to 2021 if the nfl still exists!

What do you mean by this? Our game has beenn nurtured enough, what more can be possibly done?

WedgeX

Banned
In San Fransisco for a few days. Gonna eat some eats, hike some trails, and drink lots of wine. All the while pretending that Mayhew will do well both in free agency and the draft.

....and waiting to get heckled for my tigers hat :/

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So thread still going?

How man snes account were created while I was away, and how many did Dragon snitch on

bionic77

I was at that game and it looked even slower live then it did on TV. Losing to Jbust had to be the low point for Reid/Mcnabb.
I have been there bro. At least it was a regular season game. Our defense fell for the slow mo juke and run in a playoff game and wasted Ben coming back from like 18 points in the 4th quarter.

More teams should have a slow fat qb to run a change up late in the game. Defenses can't seem to handle that slow of a player.

I have been there bro. At least it was a regular season game. Our defense fell for the slow mo juke and run in a playoff game and wasted Ben coming back from like 18 points in the 4th quarter.

More teams should have a slow fat qb to run a change up late in the game. Defenses can't seem to handle that slow of a player.

You are so right about this. If you watch the whole play with Jbust you can see several Eagles defenders fall down before he even gets to them. It was like their brains just couldnt believe how slow he was.

squicken

"I don't think I would have signed a quarterback to an extension knowing that he'd have 26 turnovers," Tannenbaum said Thursday on "NFL AM" when asked about the gaudy deal Sanchez received last March. "That might be one of the reasons I'm right sitting here with you guys. Not that this is not a great place to spend Valentine's Day."

Tannenbaum -- who repeatedly talked about "falling short" in New York -- explained why the Jets re-signed Sanchez to the five-year, $58.25 million deal that now has the team wandering salary-cap purgatory.

"My core belief has always been, let's try to draft as many of our good players as we can -- the core -- and sign them to extensions when it makes sense for both sides. So, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Darrelle Revis, Nick Mangold. And again, here's a guy that beat Tom Brady in a road playoff game, beat Peyton Manning on the road -- so these are not hopes, these are not projections. These are real wins in the NFL.

"(Sanchez) was a young guy, football's important to him, and we came up with a deal at the time that we thought was good for both sides. Obviously, he didn't play as well this year, we didn't coach as well this year, we didn't get him as good players this year. But if we're sitting here a year or two from now, I still think Mark's going to be a good, credible quarterback in the NFL."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...y-mark-sanchez-extension?campaign=Twitter_atl

Top Bottom