• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Word on the street is Giants are waiting to see what Lawrence Tynes salary in FA will be, and offer him a lower figure. If he declines, he's gone.

Colts will be running more pistol/wildcat/read-option next year.

iAs0ktB9bPWu7.jpg

Ænima

Other than the fact that he is a college coach with his first NFL job I don't see the similarity at all. Variations of his offense and temp are already employed in the league with great success. And he only signed Dixon. Just listening to him talk he at least seems smart and a man with a plan.
I am probably overstating things. His style might work, but he will need a legitimate QB just like every other coach. I don't see the Dennis Dixons of the world suddenly lighting up the NFL just because of Kelly's system.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ænima;47727576 said:
I am probably overstating things. His style might work, but he will need a legitimate QB just like every other coach. I don't see the Dennis Dixons of the world suddenly lighting up the NFL just because of Kelly's system.

Alex Smith looked good because of Harbaugh's system. Crazy things can happen.

effzee

Alex Smith looked good because of Harbaugh's system. Crazy things can happen.

That plus this isn't even Kelly's offense final form.

Vick, Dixon, and or Foles are not the franchise QBs Chip wants. That QB is either in this draft or next season's draft. All these guys are bodies right now to see how he can run his offense in the pro game. How he will have to adjust his own offense based on the different types of QB he has on his team.

The goal isn't to win a SB in 2013. The team is a complete mess from top to bottom. Outside of WR and RB there isn't a unit that doesn't need major upgrades, especially the entire D. None of that is happening in one off season.

If there is no QB he likes in the draft this year, better keep Vick or sign Dixon, use FA and draft to plug up all the other holes, build up all the units and then pick the QB of the franchise next off season.

I can't sit here and listen to you all talk about Fire Emblem constantly without having the means to get it. Is it worth getting a 3DS just for it? Is there anything else worth playing on that system?

I can't sit here and listen to you all talk about Fire Emblem constantly without having the means to get it. Is it worth getting a 3DS just for it? Is there anything else worth playing on that system?

Here comes Bionic to tell you that Kid Icarus for the 3DS is the greatest game of all time.

Colts will be running more pistol/wildcat/read-option next year.

http://i.minus.com/iAs0ktB9bPWu7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

They want Luck to be 'Carr'ed' out of the leageu in 3 years?

squicken

Whatever you got your lady probably pales in comparison to this

bdfunfxcyaa1qg7ubjbi.jpg

edit:
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Richard Sherman on Roddy White: "They have to hide him to get him open. He's an easy matchup. He'll be another easy matchup next year."

Didn't Roddy run right past Sherman in the playoffs?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

List wars:

Ghost Recon
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (it's okay)
Tales of the Abyss
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Super Mario 3D Land (probably the best game it has)
Code of Princess (also okay)
Mario Kart 7
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (Tale of Two Towns is awful and buggy)

Those are the games I own and I'm pretty happy.

Draxal

List wars:

Ghost Recon
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (it's okay)
Tales of the Abyss
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Super Mario 3D Land (probably the best game it has)
Code of Princess (also okay)
Mario Kart 7
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (Tale of Two Towns is awful and buggy)

Those are the games I own and I'm pretty happy.

Wow, the list of games you own is exactly like mine except I don't own Kingdom Hearts/Tales of the Abyss where I own some additional fighting games and Virtue's Last Reward. I take it you got that one for the vita?

I have been telling you assholes about fire emblem for the past 3 years and no one ever listened.

Nintendo are such fuck faces for not letting me play the OG games on the SNES.

Can't believe I missed this post before. You know how I raged about the first DS version of Fire emblem, with the second one they actually fixed all of the problems of the first one and it was continuation of the first one ... but since the first one kinda sucked and didn't sell well, NOA didn't bring the sequel over, so it makes me hate the first one even more.

squicken

... you're not reading the comment, are you? He's saying he can't get open 1-on-1, they had to hide him in bunch formations/line him up with other areas to get him open.

Actually Sherman was reminded of that play and countered that it was Roddy's "lifetime achievement"

edit:
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
RT @jothb27 Sherman probably doesn't remember Roddy burned him for a 50-yard TD. ... Oh, he does. Called it White's "lifetime achievement."

brentech

So which is it, Roddy can't beat coverage or Sherman doesn't have the intellect to keep up with stacked formations or a full route tree.

Shit flows both ways.

Both good players, but not like they're the cream of the crop, with or without PEDs

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wow, the list of games you own is exactly like mine except I don't own Kingdom Hearts/Tales of the Abyss where I own some additional fighting games and Virtue's Last Reward. I take it you got that one for the vita?

Nope, don't have a Vita! I'm a part of the problem!

squicken

He was on SportsCenter or SportsNation, had a mess to talk about Roddy White too.

He's a somewhat talent jacked full of whatever the fuck he can get away with, clutches and grabs, talks shit, and can't admit when he gets beat. He's a smart player and eats up sub-par players, but teams with talent go right at him w/o fear. Can't wait for Brees and Payton and ATL's WRs to wreck his shit next year

He is not Revis. He doesn't stop top players

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Whatever you got your lady probably pales in comparison to this

bdfunfxcyaa1qg7ubjbi.jpg

edit:
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Richard Sherman on Roddy White: "They have to hide him to get him open. He's an easy matchup. He'll be another easy matchup next year."

Didn't Roddy run right past Sherman in the playoffs?

Are those bacon roses? Are you married to a Wisconsin woman?

Kevtones

Dennis Dixon outplayed Tebow during his Heisman year. He was doing so with 2* backups and converted DBs at the skill positions.

Guy is legit, he deserves a chance.

cdyhybrid

So which is it, Roddy can't beat coverage or Sherman doesn't have the intellect to keep up with stacked formations or a full route tree.

Shit flows both ways.

Both good players, but not like they're the cream of the crop, with or without PEDs
First team All-Pro isn't cream of the crop?

bionic77

It was already stated but Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem have more quality than anything released on consoles in the same time frame.

I am not a good enough writer to explain how great Fire Emblem is if you are into turn based games.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm not saying you can't like it. It's just not much of an RPG. It's a dating sim interrupted with a little bit of dungeon crawling. I was 2.5hrs in and still hadn't killed anything.

Technically, at 2.5 hours, you should've at least gotten into the first boss fight! Sounds like you're just slow:p

Had some chances with us and did not look that impressive.

How many more chances does he deserve?

What chances? He started 3 games and only throw a total of 60 passes. I really hope he can beat out Vick for starter this year. They both suck but at least Dixon isnt a fucking monster. Plus who knows what he can do in a system he is very familiar with.

mr2xxx

Banned

Godslay

Banned
I'm not saying you can't like it. It's just not much of an RPG. It's a dating sim interrupted with a little bit of dungeon crawling. I was 2.5hrs in and still hadn't killed anything.

I tried and tried to get into P3. It just never stuck. I didn't buy P4 simply because I thought it would be more of the same.

Top Bottom