• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
wiiu-dies-in-the-swamxdu1e.gif

Jesus Fuck that was the saddest damned thing in that movie

Any time I see that movie from now until the day I pass, I will now think of snes.

jakncoke

Banned
Speaking of Jamarcus, Today the Cleveland dudes said if he gets down to 265 he'd be a better prospect then anyone in this draft. There no way this draft can be that bad lol

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just got back from dinner to see the Wii U numbers.

Holy crap, is that better or worse than Gamecube? Gamecube had great games once it was all said and done so I'm hoping the same happens.

bionic77

Holy crap, is that better or worse than Gamecube? Gamecube had great games once it was all said and done so I'm hoping the same happens.
Cube and Xbox were both pathetic. Won't be hard to beat either. PS2 sales were crazy back then.

All I'm saying is that Dixon played one season in an offense tailored to his strengths and he almost won the Heisman.

He was 2-1 in his Pittsburgh starts and got held in check by Arians' play-calling. No guarantees but the guy thrived under Chip last-go-round.

Technically, he was only 1-1. He got knocked out of the 2nd quarter during the second win and Charlie Batch had to close it out.

Dixon is not durable, but his biggest problem is he can't read pro defenses. He makes sense at the moment in Philly because he can help during practices in getting Kelly's system across to others. But I'll be very, very surprised if he finds any kind of prolonged success on the field for the Eagles.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cube and Xbox were both pathetic. Won't be hard to beat either. PS2 sales were crazy back then.

There will never be another ps2. Insane how much it dominated for years

I tended to buy all of the multiplatform games on Xbox for the graphics but the PS2 was a Japanese gaming machine like none other.

Maybe we'll get Metroid Prime or something because that's what it's going to take. Casuals don't care about the Wii U, now Nintendo has to remember the core gamer.

jakncoke

Banned

In the thread someone said Jan 2002 Gamecube sold 59k and that was its lowest till it was completely dead years later. So, going to be interesting. Because it took Nintendo 5 week month to reach 55k, Would be nearly under 40k in a normal month.

Edit; Jesus another Jets fan. cue buttfumblewelcome.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
In the thread someone said Jan 2002 Gamecube sold 59k and that was its lowest till it was completely dead years later. So, going to be interesting. Because it took Nintendo 5 week month to reach 55k, Would be nearly under 40k in a normal month.

Edit; Jesus another Jets fan. cue buttfumblewelcome.gif

When your big launch title is a type of game that was extremely similar to a game you released on 3DS about 4 months before launch, it's a hard sell.

Don't get me wrong, I've had fun with it and all but I'm not sure if I would have been as eager to get it if it wasn't for the fact that we've been due a new console for 3 years or so.

When your big launch title is a type of game that was extremely similar to a game you released on 3DS about 4 months before launch, it's a hard sell.

Don't get me wrong, I've had fun with it and all but I'm not sure if I would have been as eager to get it if it wasn't for the fact that we've been due a new console for 3 years or so.
Right, the Wii U had no must have games at launch (the fact that there have been so many NSMB games recently disqualifies it), and it has no must have games today. Until some legit software comes out, it may as well not have launched yet.

Will it flounder even then? Who knows. But we need to see what happens with 3D Mario/Retro's game/etc

I really think Anihawk nailed it in the NPD thread - the Wii U has no identity. It's proof of concept is a mature 3rd party title. Nintendo doesn't know what to do with it to make it unique.

Godslay

Banned
Fox is having a convo with his Alt

:jnc

Can you blame him though? The buttfumble has probably looped through his head for months. It's enough to drive lesser men crazy.

I really think Anihawk nailed it in the NPD thread - the Wii U has no identity. It's proof of concept is a mature 3rd party title. Nintendo doesn't know what to do with it to make it unique.

Games will solve all the problems. It always does. I know the numbers are bad, but it wasn't that long ago that the running joke was 'x' game would save the PS3. First it was Heavenly Sword, then MGS4, etc, etc. Eventually the library grew, and sales became more brisk. The same will happen with Ninty, it will just have to be 1st party software again to save it.

Games will solve all the problems. It always does. I know the numbers are bad, but it wasn't that long ago that the running joke was 'x' game would save the PS3. First it was Heavenly Sword, then MGS4, etc, etc. Eventually the library grew, and sales became more brisk. The same will happen with Ninty, it will just have to be 1st party software again to save it.

i have no doubt that will happen. Frankly i'm just surprised that Nintendo thought they could go the first six months with little to no support for the console. They tried to desperately to release ahead of their competition, but they had no games to back it up.

Mario is not a strong commodity when you release 4 mainline games in three years.

Godslay

Banned
i have no doubt that will happen. Frankly i'm just surprised that Nintendo thought they could go the first six months with little to no support for the console. They tried to desperately to release ahead of their competition, but they had no games to back it up.

Mario is not a strong commodity when you release 5 mainline games in three years.

Yeah, it definitely was half baked, but I would buy it all over again.

Mario is still a strong commodity, just in the 3D platformer/kart area. I don't think the NSMB series is as strong as those two on the console. Handheld is a slightly different story iirc.

Predicting it now; the next Xbox is going to be a huge success. I think they're finally going to realize their plans they had from the beginning of being everyone's entertainment hub and the console is going to be huge especially outside of gamer grognards . They have the opportunity to take advantage of a huge hole that noone has really been able to capitalize on yet, not even the almighty Apple.

You heard it here first.

Spinluck

I can't remember whether or not I've seen a Wii U commercial this year.

This whole "RGIII could be back to start Week 1" is going to be a disaster.

Cousins will make it an un-disaster when he goes all Matt Flynn and throws for 6TDs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I agree with what you said but as the library grows the Wii U will become more like GC. It will still have great titles including Wind Waker, but it won't reach the mainstream acceptance of Xbox/PS2/Orbus/Durango.

It'll do well with the hardcore/GAF/Nintendo crowd but you will never see a Wii U at a Madden or COD tournament.

The talk about 3DS was failing was always a joke. The problem was always with the $250 price and lack of games. The Wii U problems is that combined with much more serious issues.

In the long run the Wii U will be fine, but its heading toward GC territory. Relevant but not relevant at the same time.

Spinluck

I agree with what you said but as the library grows the Wii U will become more like GC. It will still have great titles including Wind Waker, but it won't reach the mainstream acceptance of Xbox/PS2/Orbus/Durango.

It'll do well with the hardcore/GAF/Nintendo crowd but you will never see a Wii U at a Madden or COD tournament.

The talk about 3DS was failing was always a joke. The problem was always with the $250 price and lack of games. The Wii U problems is that combined with much more serious issues.

In the long run the Wii U will be fine, but its heading toward GC territory. Relevant but not relevant at the same time.

In sort of a dickish way, I'm glad this is happening.

Maybe they'll think twice about rushing to launch before the competition next time. No games, slow unoptimized OS, and no games.

XcMel

Neo Member
Is your lady friend a Sanchez or Tebow fan?
I really like both of them. That being said, the Jets bringing in Tebow this year proved to be a big mistake. Sanchez can be great, but if he doesn't get his confidence up, he won't be able to do anything but throw ints. If I had to pick a favorite Jets QB it would be McElroy. He is underdeveloped now, but he has a lot of potential. If I had to pick between Sanchez and Tebow though, it would be Sanchez.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
In sort of a dickish way, I'm glad this is happening.

Maybe they'll think twice about rushing to launch before the competition next time. No games, slow unoptimized OS, and no games.

I absolutely agree. There is nothing better than a nice slice of humble pie when you start getting cocky/arrogant, whether you're a large videogame corporation or athlete. It happened to Sony with the PS3 and I think its happening with Ndamakung Suh.

I think the 360 will go down as one of the greatest consoles from launch to 2013 but there is no denying the success of the 360 has lead to the arrogance of MS. MS is starting to get overly cocky after the success of Kinect, and there body language at this point suggests they can succeed without the hardcore gamer. They've forgotten what made them successful in the first place.

That's why so much faith is being put into Sony and the PS4 on GAF and elsewhere. They built a hell of a console with the PS3, and pushed Blu Ray to the masses, but the arrogance and cockiness of the PS2 got to them. They actually thought they could sell a $600 console to the masses. Sony still managed to sell 70 Million consoles but in Japan the Wii ruled, and in the west the 360 ruled. Sony, IMO, is going back to the hardcore crowd that made the PS1 and PS2 a success.

You can appeal to soccer moms all you want, but they're wishy-washy. They come and go, the hardcore gamer will always be there in one way or another.

Top Bottom