• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lots of fucking pessimism in here. You all need to get a BOB to lead your team and have some damn faith!

BOB taking us to the promised land. From darkness to destroy darkness.

I mourn now, get hype for the Super Bowl (NFL Draft) and then hope for the best once August hits.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually find the offseason trades and free agency more exciting than the actual draft.

I do wish the NFL would change some stuff to make trades during the season more exciting.

MechDX

I mourn now, get hype for the Super Bowl (NFL Draft) and then hope for the best once August hits.

No. That's not how you do it!

Being an NFL team fan is like being a janitor. You clean and clean and your mop gets full of gunk and garbage but someone.needs to clean the floors. You get down there and scrub ! You stand up and shout " These floors are dirty as he'll and I'm not taking it anymore!"

Only then will you win!

MechDX

2. For fans of HBO’s Hard Knocks, here’s the list of NFL teams eligible to be drafted by the league should no team volunteer to take part in the series: Giants, Redskins, Vikings, Bucs, Rams, Browns, Texans, Jaguars and Titans. The exemptions include teams with first-year head coaches, teams that have made the playoffs the last two seasons, and teams that have been featured on the series in the past 10 years.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2. For fans of HBO’s Hard Knocks, here’s the list of NFL teams eligible to be drafted by the league should no team volunteer to take part in the series: Giants, Redskins, Vikings, Bucs, Rams, Browns, Texans, Jaguars and Titans. The exemptions include teams with first-year head coaches, teams that have made the playoffs the last two seasons, and teams that have been featured on the series in the past 10 years.

Giants. So they can document the preseason before they inevitably go 8-8 and win the Super Bowl again in a crazy fashion.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Where's bg? I want to know how many left nuts he'd give up to draft Cardale Jones if he declares eligible.

MechDX

I think we'll let Ike walk (at least I hope we do) but it'll be interesting to see if we stick with Worilds. Only 26 years old but hasn't really shown the spark yet. There are some guys on that list who'll be getting a big pay day.

Only free agent I would rather not lose is CB Kareem Jackson. Had a really good season in Crennel's scheme. I would rather they just Johnathan Jospeh and resign Kareem.

Other two FA's we need to resign are Mallett, which I don't think there will be an issue with and Kendrick Lewis safety. Of course the big elephant in the room everyone here is talking about is Andre Johnson. He just is not the #1 WR anymore and you don't pay a #2 $16 million when you save more than half that in cap space.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Browns because the world needs JFF in them.

Sorry Kas.

B6j85rgCUAAZviy.jpg

DarkFlow

Banned

I'm going to guess they pick the Texans because of Watt.

MRSA

Banned
I'd rather see Bowles as our head coach and Trestman as our OC if possible...

I'd like Bowles but I don't think we have the personnel to run a base 3-4 that Bowles runs but then again he worked magic with his banged up defense. I'm pretty sure having Mack, Sio Moore, DJ Hayden, and Jelly Bean Ellis are enticing defensive minded guys.

Only reason I'd want an offensive minded guy like Pep is that Carr needs consistency to develop into a servicable QB, he's not Andrew Luck so he needs to be apart of a system.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/...-rams-owner-planning-stadium-site-los-angeles

Rams owner planning L.A. stadium

LOS ANGELES -- The St. Louis Rams could be headed back home to Los Angeles as early as 2016.

A year after purchasing 60 acres of land in Inglewood adjacent to the Forum and Hollywood Park, Rams owner Stan Kroenke has teamed up with the owners of the Hollywood Park site to build an NFL stadium, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday.

Stockbridge Capital Group, which owns the 238-acre Hollywood Park site, already had plans for a mixed-use community on the land that formerly housed the famed thoroughbred racing track which closed last year. Those plans will now include an 80,000-seat stadium and a 6,000-seat performance venue, the companies told the newspaper.

MechDX

Strong sense within Skins headquarters that Wade Phillips is well positioned to be their next defensive coordinator. Has ample support

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...ll-tom-quinn-will-return-for-giants-1.9775018

Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell and special teams coordinator Tom Quinn most likely will return to their roles for the 2015 season. A source told Newsday that "it appears everyone on the coaching staff is coming back."

Tom Coughlin is still evaluating, and some changes may still take place at the position or assistant level. But the big decisions regarding the coordinators seem to have been reached a week after the regular season ended with a disappointing 6-10 record.

*sigh*

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. If we had fired Fewell, what defensive coordinator is going to want to walk into the job with the current coaching staff being in a "Win or else" situation for 2015. I'm really curious to see if Mara allows Coughlin to coach a lame duck season. The Giants just don't usually do that but with the way things are pointing....

Sounds like Scot McCloughan is in play for a personnel role as well. Has deep ties with us. Would be a huge get.

Mike Silver is already shooting that down:

"McCloughan would only have come to Raiders if given control of all things football. Owner was unwilling to take away Reggie's power."

Al Davis rolling over in his grave about Shanarat interviewing for HC

To quote Vic
Vic Tafur @VicTafur · 8m 8 minutes ago

“@Walter805Guzman: What is your opinion should Raiders choose to go w/ Shanahan?” >> nah, Mark may have just taken him for lunch at Hooters

I don't think it'll happen, Shanny would want too much control I think.

Mike Silver is already shooting that down:

"McCloughan would only have come to Raiders if given control of all things football. Owner was unwilling to take away Reggie's power."

Silver is a putz. No one is giving McCloughan full control of anything. Dude is an alcoholic madcap.

MRSA

Banned
Hamilton already interviewed. Rooney rule satisfied.

Could have our coach anytime.

I think it'll be Sparano or Mangini.

I don't think either of those guys will get the job, Sparano while he has the support of the players isn't nothing to talk about. He went 3-9 as HC, granted he had a shitty roster and made them more competitive, his ceiling is relatively low as a HC.

Mangini is a proven chump and tried to dismantle the Browns from within without regard for history, can't be doing that at Oakland.

I think they'll hold off until they interview Todd Bowles, but they need to get a HC ASAP so they can plan FA and the draft.

Too bad we can't just straight up trade Stafford for Foles. At least Foles can consistently make basic throws. Giving him Tate and Megatron would work wonders, especially after we fix the o-line and fire Lombardi.

I don't think either of those guys will get the job, Sparano while he has the support of the players isn't nothing to talk about. He went 3-9 as HC, granted he had a shitty roster and made them more competitive, his ceiling is relatively low as a HC.

Mangini is a proven chump and tried to dismantle the Browns from within without regard for history, can't be doing that at Oakland.

I think they'll hold off until they interview Todd Bowles, but they need to get a HC ASAP so they can plan FA and the draft.

Sparano got 3 quality wins tho, and with his own staff he could do better. Not my no.1 choice but I'd be alright with him.

Mangini is still only 43 and he didn't do bad with Jets and well, the Browns are the Browns. I think he got the highest recommendation from Holmgren. He has connections, could put together a decent staff.

I'm not as high on Bowles as I once was. He's a bit like DA was in terms of demeanor and the Cards struggled mightily on defense once teams figured him out and his players seemed to give up on the field.

Del Rio also has a good chance I think. He has connections and could put together a great staff, Mike Smith as DC and Dirk Koeter as OC are both possibilities.

MRSA

Banned
Bowles interviewed before and didn't get the HC gig, so either he's terrible in interviews or his system doesn't work. I'm meh on him but I'll take him over Sparano. Sparano got 3 quality wins but he also lost 52-0.

It might be Pep Hamilton or Jack Del Rio depending if Mark Davis wants a retread or a new up and comer. I don't know if Doug Marrone is in the mix either.

I know I shouldn't be surprised about the probability of Fewell and Quinn returning, but didn't stop me from staring into space for like ten minutes with my mouth agape.

"Win or else" with the guy whose defense has been in the bottom half of points allowed for just about his entire tenure.

silversurferweeps.jpg

I know I shouldn't be surprised about the probability of Fewell and Quinn returning, but didn't stop me from staring into space for like ten minutes with my mouth agape.

"Win or else" with the guy whose defense has been in the bottom half of points allowed for just about his entire tenure.

silversurferweeps.jpg

Coughlin is going to ride with his people for better or worse. Problem is that it'll likely get him let go and we'll waste another season for our now 34 year old QB.

At the same time, its a shitty situation for any coordinator they look to bring in. Also, maybe we're wrong. There's always that possibility.;)

Top Bottom