• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

BigAT

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...ll-tom-quinn-will-return-for-giants-1.9775018

*sigh*

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. If we had fired Fewell, what defensive coordinator is going to want to walk into the job with the current coaching staff being in a "Win or else" situation for 2015. I'm really curious to see if Mara allows Coughlin to coach a lame duck season. The Giants just don't usually do that but with the way things are pointing....

"Listen, and understand. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

-Giants fans discussing Tom Quinn

MechDX

Some team needs to hire someone soon so we can all point and comment about how much of a bad hire it was. Im bored

Too bad we can't just straight up trade Stafford for Foles. At least Foles can consistently make basic throws. Giving him Tate and Megatron would work wonders, especially after we fix the o-line and fire Lombardi.

As much as I hate Foles no way would I do that trade. I would never want a QB that thinks he is to good to work with a QB coach, fuck that. Plus Sattord would be a turnover machine in this system.

I heard that Pat Shurmur is going on interviews and trying to sell himself as Chip Kelly 2.0. Saying that he knows all the sports science stuff now, and he can run the high speed practices like Chip does. Seems really funny to me.

JABEE

As much as I hate Foles no way would I do that trade. I would never want a QB that thinks he is to good to work with a QB coach, fuck that. Plus Sattord would be a turnover machine in this system.

I heard that Pat Shurmur is going on interviews and trying to sell himself as Chip Kelly 2.0. Saying that he knows all the sports science stuff now, and he can run the high speed practices like Chip does. Seems really funny to me.

Shurmur is selling himself the best he can. Good for him.

It's still funny though. I wonder who Chip would get to replace him if he left.

"Listen, and understand. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

-Giants fans discussing Tom Quinn

Quinn has nude pics confirmed.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I actually like Perry Fewell. I get why he is not liked - but historically bad Giant defenses aside I think he's a swell guy.

What's the best way for me to go back and look at some of these top prospects? I want to put a side project together for NFL GAF but I would need to individually go look at some of these players. Any ideas?

Draxal

I actually like Perry Fewell. I get why he is not liked - but historically bad Giant defenses aside I think he's a swell guy.

What's the best way for me to go back and look at some of these top prospects? I want to put a side project together for NFL GAF but I would need to individually go look at some of these players. Any ideas?

Youtube pages of those specific teams.

Specifically if you're doing Giants, I'd look after Landon Collins (S) Bama, Ereck Flowers (T) Miami, Brandon Scherff (T) Iowa; Ronnie Stanley (T) Notre Dame, Shane Ray (DE) Mizzou. Dante Fowler (DE) Gata.

Collins is the player I'm most intrigued about, usually safeties don't go this high unless they are really elite, and I'm not sure about him.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Youtube pages of those specific teams.

Specifically if you're doing Giants, I'd look after Landon Collins (S) Bama, Ereck Flowers (T) Miami, Brandon Scherff (T) Iowa; Ronnie Stanley (T) Notre Dame, Shane Ray (DE) Mizzou. Dante Fowler (DE) Gata.

Collins is the player I'm most intrigued about, usually safeties don't go this high unless they are really elite, and I'm not sure about him.

Yeah Collins is like #1 for me to look at because of what you said and Leonard Williams is the other guy I really want to see. I don't think the Giants are going to go OT.

Either way, this kind of started as a MaddenGAF joke but I want to see if I can do cut ups for the consensus first rounders.

Draxal

Yeah Collins is like #1 for me to look at because of what you said and Leonard Williams is the other guy I really want to see. I don't think the Giants are going to go OT.

Either way, this kind of started as a MaddenGAF joke but I want to see if I can do cut ups for the consensus first rounders.

Giants go for BPA for need, but there's going to be a minimal chance that either Williams or Gregory (DE) Neb, drops to the Giants. If they do, they'll gobble them up.

And if you do a clip of Collins, make sure to include his college commitment video, his mom got so fucking pissed off, it's a CFB classic.

Some team needs to hire someone soon so we can all point and comment about how much of a bad hire it was. Im bored

Mark Davis is busy making calls. Announcement coming soon.
B6eYtE8CQAI5zJ-.jpg

Well my issues with him at this point aren't personal. I'd like just a little more aggression out of him on the defensive side of the ball.

Raiders haven't set up interview with Bowles yet. Maybe he isn't in the running after all.

And apparently Mike Holmgren wanted to interview for the Niners job and they declined.

MechDX

well we could always reminisce about how great of a signing BOB was!

BOB had a hell of a year actually and should get consideration for COTY. He even won squicken over and that is no small feat

And chin that rivals Cowher:

Bill-OBrien-Texans-practice_140459.jpg

WedgeX

Banned
While trying to find an appropriate picture to visually describe how irrationally salty I've continued to be today, which side note there are a fuckton of Dallas fans in DC and I dislike them irrationally even more now, when I came across descriptions of Detroit's salt mine.

And holy crap is it deep. I've always known that it was under the city proper but never appreciated it's depth.

ivaGAGccvCQku.png

Jarnet87

If Shanahan gets the job it is to Sabotage the Raiders and Derrick Carr's career. And he will sabotage Derrick just by doing what he always does, dat QB killer.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
While trying to find an appropriate picture to visually describe how irrationally salty I've continued to be today, which side note there are a fuckton of Dallas fans in DC and I dislike them irrationally even more now, when I came across descriptions of Detroit's salt mine.

And holy crap is it deep. I've always known that it was under the city proper but never appreciated it's depth.

ivaGAGccvCQku.png

I think I can almost see Kas swinging a hammer down at the bottom of that shaft too.

MRSA

Banned
Raiders haven't set up interview with Bowles yet. Maybe he isn't in the running after all.

And apparently Mike Holmgren wanted to interview for the Niners job and they declined.

He has a bunch of interviews lined up and just got done with their wildcard loss.

Who are your teams priority FA resignings?

Cross post from the "other" thread.

Cajun? WTF your team doing?

That almost 60 million for the Raiders doesn't include the cap space from when the team cuts Schaub, Woodley, and MJD (all with no dead money). The Raiders will likely have about 80 million in cap space when it all shakes out

MRSA

Banned
That almost 60 million for the Raiders doesn't include the cap space from when the team cuts Schaub, Woodley, and MJD (all with no dead money). The Raiders will likely have about 80 million in cap space when it all shakes out

I want them to resign Wiz but it seems like he wants top money for being an average C, he's a better guard than C.

Resign:
Wiz, DMac, Woodson, CJ Wilson, Ross (Somehow he became serviceable), Streater, and Chekwa. I guess you can throw Holmes into the mix.

MechDX

Funny you mention Schaub. The only draft pick from this past draft that contributed for us was Alfred Blue who we drafted with the 6th round pick we got for Schaub.

MRSA

Banned
Funny you mention Schaub. The only draft pick from this past draft that contributed for us was Alfred Blue who we drafted with the 6th round pick we got for Schaub.

If only the Texans brass went with Mack rather than Clowney. Suckers

Furyous

The Browns have a lot of cap space that we need to manage. Screw overpaying players this offseason. I'd say our wins to salary cap ratio was among the best in my opinion.

The Cards need to find a goober willing to take Carson off our hands. He's serviceable but that contract is an albatross. We need to keep Fitz in Arizona forever salary cap be damned.

I want them to resign Wiz but it seems like he wants top money for being an average C, he's a better guard than C.

Resign:
Wiz, DMac, Woodson, CJ Wilson, Ross (Somehow he became serviceable), Streater, and Chekwa. I guess you can throw Holmes into the mix.

Yeah, this is a solid list.

I wonder if they'd be willing to pay a bit of a premium for keeping Wiz or just cut him loose. I'd like to keep him but it wouldn't be to bad of a loss if he walked.

MRSA

Banned
Yeah, this is a solid list.

I wonder if they'd be willing to pay a bit of a premium for keeping Wiz or just cut him loose. I'd like to keep him but it wouldn't be to bad of a loss if he walked.

If I were Reggie/Mark Davis I would pay a slight premium to keep Wiz just to make a point that the Raiders are willing to pay to keep talent unlike last year's fiasco of Veldheer and Houston. Granted Penn is playing well but he's old while Veldheer is in his prime. I still think Veldheer is a better RT since he can't handle speed rushes worth shit. A Houston got a ton of money for a run stopping DE.

EDIT: Also King is a RFA with Streater and Holmes, definitely gotta resign him. They gotta groom a PK to replace Seabass though.

Where's bg? I want to know how many left nuts he'd give up to draft Cardale Jones if he declares eligible.
Lol I think it's alittle to early for that, he's only played two games. Things tend to get hyped here in Ohio super easily haha. He's looked good at times but still way to early. JT is probably still out best Qb and most potential to get drafted high. Cardale has the size Though, and a huge arm it appears. Still probably to early to go full steam on the cardale train.
If we win the national championship and he balls, things will get crazy haha

Boose

This is big. What do you guys think the chances are between the Raiders/Rams? We're pretty close.

I think its about a 95% chance the Rams will be playing in L.A. within the next couple years. Not sure about the whole 2 team thing though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Lol I think it's alittle to early for that, he's only played two games. Things tend to get hyped here in Ohio super easily haha. He's looked good at times but still way to early. JT is probably still out best Qb and most potential to get drafted high. Cardale has the size Though, and a huge arm it appears. Still probably to early to go full steam on the cardale train.
If we win the national championship and he balls, things will get crazy haha

I'm not sure what Cardale's options are. Go back to tOSU and sit on the bench? Transfer and sit out for a year? He could sit on an NFL bench and get paid. He immediately would have the best physical talent for qb's in this draft. Has the size, arm and athleticism. Someone should stash him at the back of the roster and teach him to play. THAT COULD BE THE BROWNS!

Who am I kidding? The Browns would force him to play from day one and ruin his entire career and life.

Cross post from the "other" thread.

Cajun? WTF your team doing?
Giants will have more than that with some very easy cuts.

David Wilson will free up 1.3 million
Mathias Kiwanuka will free up 4.5 million
Peyton Hillis will clear up another 1 million

Reducing down JD Walton's salary if not cutting him outright will bring in another 2.5 million.

They can easily get to the 25-26 million range if they choose. Reese has said they will not be active in free agency so I expect them to use that money to resign Jason Pierre-Paul and some other key roster members. Including Prince Amukamara who got his 5th year option picked up and is due over 7 million in cap money. They can sign him long term and bring that cap figure down.

Extending Eli would also be a really easy way to free up more cap money, too.

Lulz Cavs adding JR Smith to their squad??
Oh shit!😳😱 I thought you guys were kidding about the waiters stuff, then i checked the news. I figured I woulda got a Sportscenter update if somthing happened ( the app is so damn slow sometimes)

I'm not sure what Cardale's options are. Go back to tOSU and sit on the bench? Transfer and sit out for a year? He could sit on an NFL bench and get paid. He immediately would have the best physical talent for qb's in this draft. Has the size, arm and athleticism. Someone should stash him at the back of the roster and teach him to play. THAT COULD BE THE BROWNS!

Who am I kidding? The Browns would force him to play from day one and ruin his entire career and life.
I can't argue with much of this lol. I've heard he could declare for financial reasons, idk we'll see. But Braxton will probably have to transfer, he will have already graduated and can play right away.

Browns have scouted a good number of college qbs though, the numbers in the teens

Edit: you saw what happened with the Hoyer home town boy stuff, imagine if we drafted a Ohio state Qb.

Boose

Nah, fuck that. If (When?) the Rams leave St. Louis I'll become a free agent and find a new team.

If they keep the sweet unis then I'd be tempted. If they can put the reanimated, zombified remains of Al Davis back in charge then I'm 100% in.

I've thought about it a bit and I will probably keep cheering them on unless another team comes here.

It would be a very hard choice for me at that point.

MechDX

I've had multiple texts from personnel guys with the same message: "I feel bad for teams in the top 5 looking for a QB."- Daniel Jeremiah Twitter

MechDX

Johnny Manziel reportedly has drinks thrown on him by heckling fans at a nightclub

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Johnny Manziel had another eventful night out on the town, according to TMZ Sports.

The site reported Monday that Manziel had drinks thrown at him at a Houston nightclub after he flipped some hecklers the bird.

The incident took place late Sunday at Dekan nightclub in Houston, after Manziel spent the first few days of his break in South Beach.

He's due back in Cleveland this week for treatment on his pulled hamstring, but apparently made the most of his free time after the season ended Dec. 28 and players were allowed to leave town Dec. 29th.

TMZ Sports talked to J.R. from Sticky Promotions, who was with Manziel at the club Sunday night. He said the hecklers shouted at Manziel and aggressively tried to take photos of him.

He's been warned by the Browns, and by teammates, not to let people photograph him in bars.

"I ducked and I looked at Johnny and we grabbed security and they ran us out of there," J.R. told TMZ Sports.

The site reported that Manziel and some members of his party went back to their hotel room to change, and then returned to the club. By then, the hecklers had been tossed from the bar.

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny.......egotistical jerk.

Top Bottom