• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Malalaw

Anyone wanna tell me how the fuck the Saints plan on getting out of salary cap hell? It better start with Brees and Graham taking price cuts.

Striker

Kave is a thug!
Y2FWGqt.gif

Sky Chief

So today in Dallas we have had earthquakes of 3.5, 3.6, and now 2.9 on the Richter Scale all centered at the sight of the old Cowboys Stadium (and there have been 19 there since late October). My theory is Jerry is drilling to Hell because he wants to make a deal with the Devil.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Y'all mofos ain't respecting me?

You bitches better recognize!

I RUN THE OFFSEASON!!!

THIS IS WHAT I DO!!!

02a47bb1b789f4af334a0b2e80bdabde.jpg

Enron

Banned
So today in Dallas we have had earthquakes of 3.5, 3.6, and now 2.9 on the Richter Scale all centered at the sight of the old Cowboys Stadium (and there have been 19 there since late October). My theory is Jerry is drilling to Hell because he wants to make a deal with the Devil.

either that or Chris Christie is still in town

Jarnet87

It would have to be one awful year for Winston to lose draft stock if he came back. Just look at where he was before this year, and then after all the crap he's taken this year he is still being considered as the #1 or #2 pick and that's before the combine. Are FSU going to run the table again? Probably not but that FSU team should be an improvement over last year and they can win 11 or 12 games and be a possible playoff team. I just want him to make his decision. If he stays then it's time to get drunk and watch a bunch of Mariota tape, please don't be another Sam Bradford. That QB class of 07 and 10 weakness.

BigAT

It would have to be one awful year for Winston to lose draft stock if he came back. Just look at where he was before this year, and then after all the crap he's taken this year he is still being considered as the #1 or #2 pick and that's before the combine. Are FSU going to run the table again? Probably not but that FSU team should be an improvement over last year and they can win 11 or 12 games and be a possible playoff team. I just want him to make his decision. If he stays then it's time to get drunk and watch a bunch of Mariota tape, please don't be another Sam Bradford. That QB class of 07 and 10 weakness.

Who was the last significant guy that came back for an extra year and DIDN'T lost draft stock? Leinart, Barkley, Locker all fell from where they were projected.

Who was the last significant guy that came back for an extra year and DIDN'T lost draft stock? Leinart, Barkley, Locker all fell from where they were projected.
Luck.

If Winston does stay a year and eventually decides to declare for the NFL, and forgets the Mlb I doulbt his stock will drop much. Might even raise if he keeps himself out of trouble.

LA - theOBR ‏ @ LaneAdkins 2m 2 minutes ago
Yes RT @ Half_Blak: @ LaneAdkins didn't Pettine want DeFlippo in the first place anyway. i sense he will become available after Raiders hire.

Luck.

If Winston does stay a year and eventually decides to declare for the NFL, and forgets the Mlb I doulbt his stock will drop much. Might even raise if he keeps himself out of trouble.

Luck's a bit of an outlier. He was going No.1 no matter which draft he entered.

But I agree with the point. Jameis stays out of trouble for a year and plays better (let's be honest, he was mediocre to just awful for large swaths of this season) and I think his draft stock stays intact.

The problem may be the QB class around him is better. The QB class this year is exceptionally weak even with Jameis and Mariotta. He moves back a year and he risks going up against stiffer competition.

Luck's a bit of an outlier. He was going No.1 no matter which draft he entered.

But I agree with the point. Jameis stays out of trouble for a year and plays better (let's be honest, he was mediocre to just awful for large swaths of this season) and I think his draft stock stays intact.

The problem may be the QB class around him is better. The QB class this year is exceptionally weak even with Jameis and Mariotta. He moves back a year and he risks going up against stiffer competition.
Who's giving him competition though? Connor cook? Hackenberg?
Naaw I'll probably still give winston top spot next year.

Unless these awesome Ohio state qbs come out!

Yes RT @ Half_Blak: @ LaneAdkins didn't Pettine want DeFlippo in the first place anyway. i sense he will become available after Raiders hire.

Flip is a good coach. Should have been our OC this year. Worked wonders with Carr's mechanics and even made McGloin and Pryor somewhat serviceable.

effzee

It's strange to see how insular the NFL coaching ranks is.

The league would rather wallow around in established mediocrity with these retreads than take chances on bringing in new blood.

There's never a risk of crashing completely out of the league for these guys I guess. You get fired from an NFL HC job? Go be someone's coordinator or spend a few years in college and wait your turn for the revolving door to kick you back in.

Yeah I really don't get how guys like Marrone, Mangini, and Mike Shanahan are so sought after? Why not try to poach some young assistants or new comers from college?

Or even the guys who have only been coordinators in the NFL but never HC?

The fuck is Winston thinking?

Wait has this been confirmed?

Also don't know how I feel about the Eagles interviewing personnel guys from Miami's and Jacksonville's front offices. What's the point?

I guess McCloughan to Redskins isn't done yet. He wants full control and final say and they won't give it. Raiders and Jets still in play.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Who's giving him competition though? Connor cook? Hackenberg?
Naaw I'll probably still give winston top spot next year.

Unless these awesome Ohio state qbs come out!

Miller's definitely coming out, he has no choice. As previously stated, Jones is the best prospect.

Miller's definitely coming out, he has no choice. As previously stated, Jones is the best prospect.
Millers not a legit high round prospect, some might even say not even a Qb prospect. And on jones maybe, but again I won't say all of that based on two games so far haha.

I hope cardale keeps it up Though

MechDX

Jeff McLaneVerified account
‏@Jeff_McLane Brian Gaine is interesting. He and coach Bill O'Brien have apparently gotten close. Probably doesn't want to lose him. Has ties to Parcells.

This Mcclane guy is an Eagles beat writer. How he knows about the front office of the Texans is beyond me but it adds some credence to the rumor of moving Rick Smith elsewhere in the organization and promoting Gaine to GM

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Too bad there aren't any more games out there. Finally my dream scenario for Jerruh World could take place:

Riobnkb.gif

Mary Kay look what you've done.
Should know more once he makes an article
Some truth, some BS, as we have said @ theOBR for months RT @ jastriker: @ LaneAdkins WTF?? Guess MKC and La Canfora were right.

LA - theOBR ‏ @ LaneAdkins 2m
I'd say some believe he could have done better RT @Salley516: @LaneAdkins I got the feeling shanny was in danger anyways with the way the offense completely collapsed after losing Mack, just me?

As an organization, correct. Now, some individuals are not on the same page or plan and that will be dealt with NowRT @Cooper7r: @LaneAdkins In my estimation, reports of their demise is greatly exaggerated.

Manziel, from beginning to end and everything inbetween is one issue RT @MattSteinbrink: @LaneAdkins it sounds like the issues all stem from Manziel? Like you said, I'm sure it's being blown out of proportion.

LA - theOBR ‏ @ LaneAdkins 1m
Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. Believe this - there are a few that talk. RT @Cooper7r: @revRecluse @LaneAdkins Got me there, but some feel it came from Shanny's camp

marktroy wrote: LA - theOBR ‏ @ LaneAdkins 1m 1 minute ago
Not anything near the3 level of before, remember this, the staff and some moves were made late in the process due to the hiring taking so long -- pieces parts will change RT @KeyserDM: @LaneAdkins names have changed, but it's still the same

Fox318

Stafford played there.

He probably disrupted the plates and caused the earthquake.

Won't blame Shanahan in the slightest if he leaves.

Haslam is already one of the league's worst owners. Which isn't surprising, considering he's a criminal.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m1 minute ago
The Giants are parting ways with defensive coordinator Perry Fewell I'm told

Wow.

Schefter backing it up:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 18s19 seconds ago
Giants have parted ways with defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, per league source.

Top Bottom