• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

cdyhybrid

WLgFCHh.png

q7MUfbt.png

MechDX

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 1m1 minute ago
Tannenbaum will continue to represent Dan Quinn. Ross has said he's not changing coaches. Some thought Quinn would emerge in Miami

Wait. Is Tannenbaum an agent for a current coach in the league?

welp, looks like one of these guys will be the next Raiders coach

Shurmur, Del Rio, Mangini, Shanahan, Sparano, Bevell, Hamilton

no more interviews scheduled

MechDX

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 1m1 minute ago
Well...you don't see that very often. RT @CFTalk: Clemson announces punter Bradley Pinion has decided to turn pro.

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 2m2 minutes ago
RT @adamjahns: League source suggests that Brian Gaine could be Accorsi's top recommendation for #Bears, especially w/ Parcells connections.

@Brody_IAKOW: Sources saying FSU officials are notifying NFL Scouts/GM's that Jameis Winston will return for another year at FSU

Wow...didn't see this coming. Dude loves college, to put it lightly.

If not for being the reigning champs I really don't think FSU would have gotten into the playoffs. Given that it'll be tough for them to get back to the playoffs. The ACC is weak.

mr2xxx

Banned
Scot McCloughan any good?I know nothing of the guy but he's an upgrade over Cerrato and Allen which isn't saying much.

Mitchell simply couldn't cover Troy's ass like Clark could. He needs someone to cover his ass. Didn't make many plays, out of position, bad angles. I think he's more comfortable attacking than defending against deep plays/long runs. Would make a better strong safety, but doesn't have the body for it. He's coming back next year, so I'm hoping he can adopt a better mindset. I really think it's about knowing his role, accepting it and trying to be better at it.

I want to like Mitchell. I tried all season. Best I can really do is assume that being Troy's sidekick is a lot harder than Ryan Clark made it look. Though to be fair Ryan Clark backed up a prime Troy.

Scot McCloughan any good?I know nothing of the guy but he's an upgrade over Cerrato and Allen which isn't saying much.

he's pretty much as good as you get imo

it's hard to fathom as a slurs fan to be honest

i'd love for him to also evaluate the coaching staff....gruden shouldn't be a lock to return

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jameis doesn't understand the time value of money very well does he? He's a top 10 pick right now right? So I don't entirely understand him not entering the draft because the risk of playing another penniless season at FSU isn't worth it.

Jameis doesn't understand the time value of money very well does he? He's a top 10 pick right now right? So I don't entirely understand him not entering the draft because the risk of playing another penniless season at FSU isn't worth it.

He wants to be The first overall pick and is scared he'll lose out to Mariota ?

rokkerkory

Agree he should go this year. Depth at QB is short this year and many NFL teams need a QB (approx 10). He should leave CFB on a high note not risk another year and injury. So what if Mariota goes #1? He'll go top 5 anyways.

brentech

i have to think he'd drop at least as far as JFF. He needs to fix his character and a lot of the mistakes he made early in games, and all through the playoff game

JABEE

Jameis has some more games to fix and an insurance policy to collect on.

Dude can't be that dense, money wise that is only about a million less guaranteed over the whole contract. So much could go wrong for him this year to even risk it.

If he has an average year next year or any kind of regression he may not even be drafted

its an insane move to make

mr2xxx

Banned
Agree he should go this year. Depth at QB is short this year and many NFL teams need a QB (approx 10). He should leave CFB on a high note not risk another year and injury. So what if Mariota goes #1? He'll go top 5 anyways.

Not only depth but Also the fact that he is a prototypical drop back passer, which seems rare now a days.

he's pretty much as good as you get imo

it's hard to fathom as a slurs fan to be honest

i'd love for him to also evaluate the coaching staff....gruden shouldn't be a lock to return

Great talent scout. Terrible coaching hires tho (Singletary lol)

Dude is also an unstable drunk but eh

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
i have to think he'd drop at least as far as JFF. He needs to fix his character and a lot of the mistakes he made early in games, and all through the playoff game

That's a possibility and will probably decrease how much he's making but I don't think he falls out of the first round. Rookie contracts aren't what they used to be though, although about 8 million to 22 million is a huge jump. I'm not sure if I see a scenario that increases his draft stock necessarily. He may end up regretting this like Matt Barkley or Jake Locker. Actually nobody regrets not entering the draft more than Jake Locker since that was an uncapped rookie salary year and his senior year was not nearly as impressive.

Jameis has some more games to fix and an insurance policy to collect on.

:jnc I like this idea

MRSA

Banned
welp, looks like one of these guys will be the next Raiders coach

Shurmur, Del Rio, Mangini, Shanahan, Sparano, Bevell, Hamilton

no more interviews scheduled

I'll take one of those 3, preference of Hamilton > Bevell > Del Rio

Bevell stresses a good running game and benefitted from having two premier RBs in AP and Beast Mode. Hamilton is supposed to be some kinda QB guru and had to deal with Trent Truck which probably meant he had a to have a pass happy offense. Del Rio actually wasn't bad as a HC, he's more capable than Sparano but I'm not about retreads.

That Niners team you see right now is pretty much a result of his work.

It's strange to see how insular the NFL coaching ranks is.

The league would rather wallow around in established mediocrity with these retreads than take chances on bringing in new blood.

There's never a risk of crashing completely out of the league for these guys I guess. You get fired from an NFL HC job? Go be someone's coordinator or spend a few years in college and wait your turn for the revolving door to kick you back in.

MRSA

Banned
Lol Jon Bones Jones tested positive for cocaine does that mean his brother Arthur and Chandler are in love with coco too?

cdyhybrid

The league would rather wallow around in established mediocrity with these retreads than take chances on bringing in new blood.

There's never a risk of crashing completely out of the league for these guys I guess. You get fired from an NFL HC job? Go be someone's coordinator or spend a few years in college and wait your turn for the revolving door to kick you back in.

I think the reality is that there are a lot of capable coaches, but in order to win consistently you need the talent, the coaching, and the front office talent to all be in place and on the same page.

Most franchises are missing one or more of those.

Bevell stresses a good running game and benefitted from having two premier RBs in AP and Beast Mode. Hamilton is supposed to be some kinda QB guru and had to deal with Trent Truck which probably meant he had a to have a pass happy offense. Del Rio actually wasn't bad as a HC, he's more capable than Sparano but I'm not about retreads.

I'm not a Bevell fan at all. Offense is very similar to Knapps. And his playcalling is suspect.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

That Niners team you see right now is pretty much a result of his work.

Hamilton ran the shit out of the ball when he was calling plays at 'Furd.

I want him to leave the lions just to read Kas's reaction
Sources tell Yahoo Sports as many as 10 teams are prepared to make "titanic pitches" to impending free agent Ndamukong Suh.
Per reporter Charles Robinson, that includes the Jaguars, Browns and Raiders, who are projected to have the most cap space this offseason. The Jets and Falcons could also be in the mix. Robinson reports the Lions are open to the franchise tag even though it would cost an otherworldly $26.7 million. The Lions would have to undertake all sorts of cap wizardry to make that number work. Detroit knows it would be foolish to let Suh get away, but the financial particulars make it a real possibility.

Furyous

Kyle Shanahan could leave the Browns over friction with the front office

According to the report, the personnel side and the coaching side aren’t seeing eye to eye, and the coaches may have felt pressured to bench Brian Hoyer and start Johnny Manziel, a decision that resulted in an already struggling Cleveland offense getting worse. The report even says that the personnel side is intruding on the coaching side to such an extent that a personnel executive texted from the press box to the sidelines about play calling during a game.

The IG pro bowler is not worth us losing a quality coach like Kyle Shanahan.

LOL at Jameis returning, allegedly. In a way I get it because there's no way he's ready for the pros at the moment due to his win loss record. Look up all the QBs over the past few years that won that amount of games with skill position talent around them. The QBs all suck as starters for the most part. Just to clarify, I mean QBs from perennial top 10 BCS schools that lost less than five games over their career. However, Jameis needs to leave because of the scrutiny on the program.

JCizzle

Kyle Shanahan could leave the Browns over friction with the front office

According to the report, the personnel side and the coaching side aren’t seeing eye to eye, and the coaches may have felt pressured to bench Brian Hoyer and start Johnny Manziel, a decision that resulted in an already struggling Cleveland offense getting worse. The report even says that the personnel side is intruding on the coaching side to such an extent that a personnel executive texted from the press box to the sidelines about play calling during a game.

The IG pro bowler is not worth us losing a quality coach like Kyle Shanahan.

I think it's probably just an excuse for him to join his dad wherever he ends up.

squicken

'lil Shanny ought to coach at least one QB before whining about personnel execs. Why do none of the QBs he coaches get better?

Crisco

Banned
This WWE crap between Brady and Suggs is pretty great. Watching him and Smitty mow down the Pats would be awesome.

LJ11

I tend to agree, but please, give us suggestions/thoughts on who these teams should be looking at.

Mrbob

I wonder what team is going to get Marshall. Talk is the Bears are absolutely going to trade him this off season because he is a basket case in the locker room.

I'll miss him in Madden. :(

Top Bottom