• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

MechDX

1545933_10205075545986806_3025924543663437943_n.jpg

10847853_10205075546186811_8606129784765845810_n.jpg

BG? Still thirsty?

Mech your pic's already been sent to the local cops at the parade location. They don't take kindly to bandwagoners around there.

Triple Swerve

LevelNth

Banned
When is the last time an organization has held thIs much disdain for a player that without him, their team wouldn't even sniff the playoffs?

Ever?

LJ11

I'd love to play for Carroll, what an honest answer. Love everything about what they do.

What a route by Lynch on the Collins, Lynch could have been a great receiving back but never ironed out that part of his game. Some of you are underestimating what Tom Cable and that block scheme did for Lynch. Go watch him at Cal, then go watch him play with the Bills. Still broke tackles, still a beast, but he ran in a power scheme with the tighest OL splits on the planet. No flow, no movement and cutback, nothing like what he did at Cal. Then he was traded, then they got Cable, and the rest is history.

The twitter responses from players after that play call were pretty amazing, I await some compilation from deadspin, but I think Suggs put it nicely

Suggs Twitter said:
Football is simple made complicated by coaches!!!!!

ramuh

We all know the Rockies are going to the World Series.. but I live next to Bmore so it would be cool if Orioles made it.

NolbertoS

What is scary is that the AFC is so lopsided that Brady and Bill can go for 5.

I know, dude. Tired of seeing Brady or Manning represent thr AFC in every Super Bowl the last decade or so. Wish the NFL wpuld change up it's playoff structure and have a cross conference playoffs with the AFC teams playing the NFC teams and then you could have Brady playing against Wilson, Rodgers and Kapernek and make the playoffs more exciting. Just hate weak the AFC is and not going to change anytime soon.

He only has one year left on his contract, doesn't he?

Man, I wish Shula would come back...

That's never gonna happen. At best, Philbin goes next year. At worst, we go 9-7 and miss the playoffs then Ross gives him a contract extension and the fins stay mediocre. And with our history, be prepared for the worst.

Furyous

So what happens to the Seahawks in the offseason now?

Their Defensive Cordinator leaves to coach the Falcons.
Marshawn Lynch leaves.
Gotta pay to keep Wilson on the team.

Anything else? 0_0

They win if Lane doesn't go down in the first quarter.

They do two months of soul searching. Bring back Bevell/Marshawn and Russell agrees to a guaranteed $11.5 mill per. He takes shorter money guaranteed instead of that BS Kaep deal. I think he messed up by taking the Falcons job because the jury is still out on him as a coach. The Falcons hope he's Rex and not Spags.

Seahawks promote their DB coach because he deserves it. I'd pay more to keep the coaches together for one more run. SeahawksGAF takes solace in the fact that you're in a strong position to contend moving forward. Your GM knows what he's doing and coach Carroll is great at his job.

Is it too early to speculate on the Pats next year? Everyone Pats fan talking shit now is getting a wake up call next year... Don't let that ruin the fun and celebrate.

Godslay

Banned
What is scary is that the AFC is so lopsided that Brady and Bill can go for 5.

It will even out. Pats are up against a cap wall atm, Manning only has 1 year left if he comes back, and after that someone will rise out of the muck.

Pats team will probably be quite a bit different next year.

Once they're gone, the AFC is wide open. Outside of Luck, the QB play is either unknown or shit. Interesting time for the AFC. Basically a genesis.

It will even out. Pats are up against a cap wall atm, Manning only has 1 year left if he comes back, and after that someone will rise out of the muck.

Pats team will probably be quite a bit different next year.

Once they're gone, the AFC is wide open. Outside of Luck, the QB play is either unknown or shit. Interesting time for the AFC. Basically a genesis.

I think Ravens and Steelers will be better next year, and if not for under inflated balls, the Ravens would have been in the Superbowl this year.

JNA

Banned
They win if Lane doesn't go down in the first quarter.

They do two months of soul searching. Bring back Bevell/Marshawn and Russell agrees to a guaranteed $11.5 mill per. He takes shorter money guaranteed instead of that BS Kaep deal. I think he messed up by taking the Falcons job because the jury is still out on him as a coach. The Falcons hope he's Rex and not Spags.

Seahawks promote their DB coach because he deserves it. I'd pay more to keep the coaches together for one more run. SeahawksGAF takes solace in the fact that you're in a strong position to contend moving forward. Your GM knows what he's doing and coach Carroll is great at his job.

Is it too early to speculate on the Pats next year? Everyone Pats fan talking shit now is getting a wake up call next year... Don't let that ruin the fun and celebrate.

Yeah despite this loss, I still think Pete Carroll is the best coach in the NFL. He made great play calls all game. Even if he made that last play call (which I'm not sure if he even did), still doesn't hurt his credibility.

cdyhybrid

Hi guys. I couldn't comment earlier because I spiked my phone 3 or 4 times and it doesn't work anymore.

Good game Bread, Dutch, Gata, etc. Better team won.

If this doesn't convince you that Darrell Bevell is literally the worst coach in football, as I've been saying for two years going, I dunno what will. If Paul Allen is signing his checks when the Combine starts I'm done with pro football until the next regime change.

Top Bottom