• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Sanjuro

I won't sleep tonight

u2jDNvl.gif

cdyhybrid

I can't find the article....but I remember reading about how when Harbaugh went to talk to Peyton that offseason...they played catch to shoot the shit (typical Harbaugh thing..) and he made a backhand comment about how Peyton had a bit of a noodle arm and that Peyton gave Harbaugh this "wtf?" look...

Here's my problem with the whole incident. You replaced Harbaugh with Tomsula, a man who wasn't interviewed and based on media interviews has no fuckin clue on what type of offense he's going to run despite having been on the staff longer than Harbaugh.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Harbaugh the last two years as the offense has gotten worse and worse over his 4 seasons...But at the very least keep Fangio and Donatell if this was really about retooling

Sorry breh, we're loser bros now! Except instead of Roman bringing down your team (like our version of Roman is doing), your whole staff is bringing you down!

Cards NFCW champs 2015

cdyhybrid

Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala 2h2 hours ago
Seahawk tells me last play def call sent in by coaches. Asked if it was explained. "Last thing they're going to do is admit they're wrong"

FUCK DARRELL BEVELL AND FUCK PETE CARROLL IF HE KEEPS HIM AROUND.

I now understand Niners-Age and Greg Roman.

MechDX

Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL · 6m6 minutes ago
White jersey teams have won 10 of the last 12 Super Bowls.

Fun fact of the day for Jak

Sorry breh, we're loser bros now! Except instead of Roman bringing down your team (like our version of Roman is doing), your whole staff is bringing you down!

Cards NFCW champs 2015

Mental image time... Bruce Arians suiting up in our locker room next year for the superbowl...

methodman

Banned
Seahawk tells me last play def call sent in by coaches. Asked if it was explained. "Last thing they're going to do is admit they're wrong"

Fuck roman and fuck harbaugh. I'm glad they're gone. Fucking shit offense we had here for 4 years

as i said in the madden thread, this was eerily similar to what happened to us against the ravens.... only we passed THREE straight times! even though kap didn't throw the pick we still didn't get the td so it's all the same. i felt at the time like it was roman/harbs trying to prove something and let kap be the hero. not sure if thats what they were doing with wussle but either way the playcalling was baffling

JNA

Banned
Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL · 6m6 minutes ago
White jersey teams have won 10 of the last 12 Super Bowls.

Fun fact of the day for Jak

Damn! Packers would have worn a white jersey in the SB if they had won against the Seahawks. :(

Sorry Hawks-age. And yeah it's just like Roman...although I will still say Roman was worse because the offense would go to the shit for pretty much the entire second half.

cdyhybrid

Fuck roman and fuck harbaugh. I'm glad they're gone. Fucking shit offense we had here for 4 years

We're going to languish in lottery status and waste the primes of supremely talented QBs together.

Feels great, man.

as i said in the madden thread, this was eerily similar to what happened to us against the ravens.... only we passed THREE straight times! even though kap didn't throw the pick we still didn't get the td so it's all the same. i felt at the time like it was roman/harbs trying to prove something and let kap be the hero. not sure if thats what they were doing with wussle but either way the playcalling was baffling

I'll never doubt you again brother ;-;

I'm slowly starting to sober up and come to he realization that I didn't just imagine the patriots winning the supper bowl.

Gg to them I guess.

SOregon to szeahawks gafz. You were so closea

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pete was on the radio as I was driving to my sister's house and he took the blame for the call. Wanted to run down the clock and punch it in on third or fourth down if possible. He sounded devastated.

JCizzle

Cards NFCW champs 2015

The circle is complete. Roman failed to run from the goal line as well and it started our spiral. You'll pay Wussle, lose another few guys, Pete will get a call from USC and Ken Norton will be named head coach.

cdyhybrid

Pete was on the radio as I was driving to my sister's house and he took the blame for the call. Wanted to run down the clock and punch it in on third or fourth down if possible. He sounded devastated.

That's because Pete's not a fucking coward like Bevell.

But fuck him if he keeps Bevell around. Might as well start the rebuild now if we're going to keep paying Bevell's cowardly ass.

Seeing what happened at the end of the game gave me flashbacks to the Rams game against the chargers. Pretty sure it was the exact same play on the same down too!

I'm glad the Hawks lost but the Rams being in such a shit situation makes it harder to enjoy it!

Most NFC teams after their playoff loss... "This one hurt man... this one hurt.."
I was thinking the same thing. From Detroit to Dallas to Packers to Seattle. They kept passing the heartbreak to the next team, and the gutrenching kept escalating.

As bad as the call was Russell Wilson is still a choker for throwing the pick.
He is getting a huge free pass. Imagine if it was Romo that made that pass in that situation.

methodman

Banned
?
Remember when Harbaugh said he was going to run the west coast offense? ...and instead we got Bo Schembechler 2.0
How many times we took the fg on every fucking 4th and 1. Fuckkk. So frustrating. Delay of games, wasted timeouts, red zone issues. How can we seriously have the same problems on offense for 4 fucking years with the media around here acting like it wasn't on the coaching staff?

LJ11

Hard to believe that Lynch had a hundred yards, did not feel like it. Was close a couple of times but they got just enough of him. Want to know how many were after contact, felt like he had a ton. Then that sick slant and go on Collins. He had a game. Just needed that final touch...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hard to believe that Lynch had a hundred yards, did not feel like it. Was close a couple of times but they got just enough of him. Want to know how many we're after contact, felt like he had a ton. Then that sick slant and go on Collins. He had a game. Just needed that final touch...
The man is a treat to watch. Every time you think he was stopped for one yard gain he makes five, makes eight look like three.

JCizzle

?
Remember when Harbaugh said he was going to run the west coast offense? ...and instead we got Bo Schembechler 2.0
Notice how many times WCO was mentioned in Tomsula's PC? he's not even giving it lip service. That fucking cunt Baalke with his Parcells boner talking about running the ball more... Jesus. We were already near the top of the league in running % I bet. Jed needs to clean house and make Steve Young his Elway equivalent for our organization.

cdyhybrid

Hard to believe that Lynch had a hundred yards, did not feel like it. Was close a couple of times but they got just enough of him. Want to know how many were after contact, felt like he had a ton. Then that sick slant and go on Collins. He had a game. Just needed that final touch...

Sorry LJ, Darrell Bevell knows better than you, and he proved it on the field today!

#FireBevell
#HireLJ

Don't blame the QB you're about to overpay..

Tom Penny pls, I've been posting here for years, you'll have better luck in the OT thread.

Romo has an established record of choking and has yet to win a Super Bowl, not exactly an equal comparison
So? If it's the call that's at fault then nothing else should matter. If you're saying it's more then the call then Russell is also at fault then. Stupid call but it's not like the OC decided to dial up the INT play

So? If it's the call that's at fault then nothing else should matter. If you're saying it's more then the call then Russell is also at fault then. Stupid call but it's not like the OC decided to dial up the INT play

It was a poor throw but an all time historically bad call, it's not surprising which is getting more attention

JCizzle

I guess you can blame Wilson, but with the play call he didn't really have much time to read the defense post snap. Just snap, turn and throw. He probably never had a chance to see the dude break.

Top Bottom