• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

methodman

Banned
Not sure what's going on here.

B80KjQMCIAAS0NR.jpg

B80KjQLCAAA8-T5.jpg

i don't necessarily blame wussle completely just like i didn't blame kap for our failings on the goalline against the ravens. yes kap should have made a different throw, or threw a better ball to crabtree but it should have never come down to that. it is the coaches job to put the team in the best possible scenario to score and throwing is not the best possible scenario. doesn't matter if you have kap, wilson, brady, manning or whoever... just makes no sense to throw right there. EVEN if they scored on that play i would have still said wow that is pretty risky

JCizzle

i don't necessarily blame wussle completely just like i didn't blame kap for our failings on the goalline against the ravens. yes kap should have made a different throw, or threw a better ball to crabtree but it should have never come down to that. it is the coaches job to put the team in the best possible scenario to score and throwing is not the best possible scenario. doesn't matter if you have kap, wilson, brady, manning or whoever... just makes no sense to throw right there. EVEN if they scored on that play i would have still said wow that is pretty risky

My problem with Kap is that he didn't run when he had the chance on second down when he rolled out. He had an opening.

cdyhybrid

Amen.

A-fucking-men.

HawkeyeIC

Notice how many times WCO was mentioned in Tomsula's PC? he's not even giving it lip service. That fucking cunt Baalke with his Parcells boner talking about running the ball more... Jesus. We were already near the top of the league in running % I bet. Jed needs to clean house and make Steve Young his Elway equivalent for our organization.

I don't trust Jed to do much of anything at this point.

JCizzle

And why is Pete saying they were trying to run the clock down on a passing play?? If it's incomplete, you're fucked. If it's caught, it's a TD just like a running play would have been. I don't follow his reasoning.

cdyhybrid

True.

I think Kearse's incredible catch is also getting overlooked because of that crap call, too.

That's because the catch is meaningless.

Fuck Darrell Bevell. If the dude never calls another play in the NFL he'll be getting off easy.

And why is Pete saying they were trying to run the clock down on a passing play?? If it's incomplete, you're fucked. If it's caught, it's a TD just like a running play would have been. I don't follow his reasoning.

There's no reasoning behind it, Pete's trying to take the bullet for his guys. Pete's not a coward like Bevell. Unfortunately, this probably means Bevell gets to keep his job and we go down the shit spiral like the Niners did.

DMczaf

He's shook.

Legitimately.

LJ11

Wilson didn't make a poor throw, Butler made a great play. I mean late in game to make that play? Big time, great reaction. How many times do we see DBs baked when they have to come over the top of an inside breaking route? It's incredibly difficult.

Edit: lot of the Wilson hate reminds of the early Brady hate. All he does is dink and dunk, run screens, and rely on that D. He's a game manager, weak arm, can't throw deep. Would love to have overrated Wilson on the Bills.

I guess you can blame Wilson, but with the play call he didn't really have much time to read the defense post snap. Just snap, turn and throw. He probably never had a chance to see the dude break.
Oh I don't disagree really it's just funny how people will shift the blame depending on the people or prior history and not the situation of that one play

My problem with Kap is that he didn't run when he had the chance on second down when he rolled out. He had an opening.

dude he had an opening, he also had randy moss wide fucking open on the backside on 3rd down. the point is the playcalling was fucking stupid even if we got the TD on that 2nd down pass. i know you take the points as you can get them but i also wanted to run some clock. you're telling me we couldn't get 5 yards on 3 tries? terrible playcalling and seahawks fans feel the same tonight as well. i would bet every penny i have that lynch would manage to get a yard if you ran him 3 straight times

methodman

Banned
dude he had an opening, he also had randy moss wide fucking open on the backside on 3rd down. the point is the playcalling was fucking stupid even if we got the TD on that 2nd down pass. i know you take the points as you can get them but i also wanted to run some clock. you're telling me we couldn't get 5 yards on 3 tries? terrible playcalling and seahawks fans feel the same tonight as well. i would bet every penny i have that lynch would manage to get a yard if you ran him 3 straight times
You could break one of Lynch's arms and he'd still score from the one with three chances

Striker

Fuck Darrell Bevell. If the dude never calls another play in the NFL he'll be getting off easy.
Oh, it is now for sure. But it goes down as the biggest play of the game had Bevell just called a run play for the secured TD. Now Tammy gets to celebrate because of another team's ineptitude.

There's no reasoning behind it, Pete's trying to take the bullet for his guys. Pete's not a coward like Bevell. Unfortunately, this probably means Bevell gets to keep his job and we go down the shit spiral like the Niners did.

unless you're going to fire pete and most of his staff, hire whoever your DL coach is, hire a bunch of NFL europe rejects and people who haven't coached in years, then get a dumb fuck owner then you aren't going into a niners style shit spiral

Wilson didn't make a poor throw, Butler made a great play. I mean late in game to make that play? Big time, great reaction. How many times do we see DBs baked when they have to come over the top of an inside breaking route? It's incredibly difficult.

I think it was a poor throw, the ball was too high and he lead the receiver too much

cdyhybrid

Russell did the best he could with the call given to him:

But the fact remains that handing the ball to Beast Mode is still a better option than this.

Oh, it is now for sure. But it goes down as the biggest play of the game had Bevell just called a run play for the secured TD. Now Tammy gets to celebrate because of another team's ineptitude.

No argument here. Fuck Darrell Bevell.

unless you're going to fire pete and most of his staff, hire whoever your DL coach is, hire a bunch of NFL europe rejects and people who haven't coached in years, then get a dumb fuck owner then you aren't going into a niners style shit spiral

If that's what we have to do to get rid of Bevell's ass then sign me up.

JABEE

Edit: lot of the Wilson hate reminds of the early Brady hate. All he does is dink and dunk, run screens, and rely on that D. He's a game manager, weak arm, can't throw deep. Would love to have overrated Wilson on the Bills.

I think you could criticize Lockette a bit for how hard he ran that slant, but it's all about the play call and ball security. The risk is too big to throw on 2nd down with that much time and two time outs.

Striker

Reminds me of the Giants-Niners game from this past year where it was on the one or two yard line and McAdoo/TC had called three straight fades then ran 5-wide. Ugh. Same result!

ampere

What did you think of the game Toon Link?

It was a great game, although giving me a near heart attack until the end

Happy with the outcome obv. We got crazy lucky with the poor play call right after Seattle got "helmet catch"-tier lucky with Kearse

Top Bottom