• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

zychi

Banned
They wanted to get Wilson that game winning TD and cement him as the game MVP and that shit backfired. I honestly think they were thinking about the brand and face and not actually efficiently winning that game. How are SeahAwks fans even functioning right now?

Anyway, ready for dat combine

Could've ran an option and had him keep it. It was just a bad play call all around.

I have a hard time believing that the hawks staff was that cocky to dial up a play solely to pad wussle's stats. Overthinking the situation seems way more plausible. Otherwise, that's some James van Der Baek Varsity Blues level shit.

cdyhybrid

I have a hard time believing that the hawks staff was that cocky to dial up a play solely to pad wussle's stats. Overthinking the situation seems way more plausible. Otherwise, that's some James van Der Baek Varsity Blues level shit.

I don't. Bevell has been doing that shit all year and in seasons past, but Russell and the defense have been bailing his ass out.

Maybe if you get super insular they'll leave.

I can only hope.

The Seahawks will be in the playoffs again next year, easily. The rest of the NFC West will be in shambles, probably. Hawks are playing Jay Quitler, Fat Stafford, Andy Dolton, Viqueens and the literal Browns. Only tough games will probably be @Packers and @Dallas, and maybe drop a game or two to a team like the Rams or Stoolers.

11-13 wins for the Seahawks next season is my optimistic prediction.

It doesn't take a non-Hawks fan to see the flaws. They keep Bevell, they'll inevitably run into the same problems. They keep Bevell and lock up Lynch, Lynch will come with a hefty price, which means less for Wilson, which means you risk Wilson bolting (good luck replacing that with a scrub you have on the team that you expect to trade for a Cutler with a straight face). They somehow keep all three, that cap's shrunk, and you need receivers and OL.

You somehow get all of that solved, and you'll still have to deal with the potential of Wilson not being great. For as many great passes he threw in the playoffs, he threw at least as many terrible ones. But all of that's moot if they lose Lynch, because then they're fucked. Too much needs to happen for anybody to reliably say right now that team is winning it all in 2016.

Spinluck

I don't think there's anything to over think.

You have Marshawn Lynch, 1 yard to a TD, and a timeout.

zychi

Banned
Richard Sherman may require Tommy John surgery in the offseason. If that's the case, he may miss the entire 2015 regular season :/

Tommy John isn't a bad injury for NFL players. Especialy defensive guys. He'll be back midseason at the latest. It''s not like baseball where the guy had to use his arm every single time he touches the ball.

I don't think there's anything to over think.

You have Marshawn Lynch, 1 yard to a TD, and a timeout.

And the best rushing QB in the league, who if I am remembering correctly, was a top 10 rusher overall this season?

cdyhybrid

It doesn't take a non-Hawks fan to see the flaws. They keep Bevell, they'll inevitably run into the same problems. They keep Bevell and lock up Lynch, Lynch will come with a hefty price, which means less for Wilson, which means you risk Wilson bolting (good luck replacing that with a scrub you have on the team that you expect to trade for a Cutler with a straight face). They somehow keep all three, that cap's shrunk, and you need receivers and OL.

You somehow get all of that solved, and you'll still have to deal with the potential of Wilson not being great. For as many great passes he threw in the playoffs, he threw at least as many terrible ones. But all of that's moot if they lose Lynch, because then they're fucked. Too much needs to happen for anybody to reliably say right now that team is winning it all in 2016.

It's not that complicated. Lynch is the heart and soul of the team and they went away from him in the biggest moment possible. If they don't fire Bevell's ass, I wouldn't blame Lynch for a fucking second if he signs with another team, because I can guaran-damn-tee that they'll appreciate his ass more than garbage fucking Bevell will.

Then the team will go to shit, especially if Sherm has to miss the season, and that will be that.

Pete and Worst Harbs were truly blood brothers, both being brought down by their loyalty to garbage OCs.

Edit:

David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 7m
Source: Sherman might need elbow surgery http://es.pn/1ztGrDc > Contrary to early reports, he will not need Tommy John surgery.

LJ11

Hawks probably didn't want to get into obvious passing downs, wanted to sneak attack that pass, still don't agree with it. It's funny, I thought the Pats were going to let Lynch walk in and they almost did on that first down, but got the stop and Bill just let it roll, which I didn't agree with either.

In the OT thread some nutty Pat fan is talking up Belichicks drafts, and downplaying Seattles ability to do the same. What a bizarre world.

Good night dudes. 2015 off to a shitty start, 11 months for things to get better!

cdyhybrid

A 10 point lead in the second half with the #1 defense and the #1 rushing attack in football. And you still find a way to blow it.

Only Darrell Bevell could engineer such failure.

cdyhybrid

Let's talk about Danny Shelton.

egdvINa.gif

Did we fire Bevell yet? And did Russell check to that pass play? I feel like Pete is taking the blame for them because he knows no one would be mad at him because A) he got his 1 title, and B) he's an oldy.

Talked about this a lot and conclusion is that it must have been Bevell or Russell, and Pete trying to keep them from scrutiny.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
the cardinals should draft a QB in the 2nd round with the way they go through their QBs

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly Packers or Cowboys will probably go to the superbowl next year with Wilson taking up so much of seattle cap room.

The Patriots clearly need to draft more DT and maybe another safety or lineman or a real Wide Receiver or I guess sign Larry Fitzgerald when he gets cut

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
So Jimmy G is 23 and has a superbowl ring is he the youngest QB to win a superbowl ring now?

And next year he will have two and when he starts in 2019 he will have two and probably get a 3rd.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
The Pats are only up against the wall on cap because of the revis 25 million option or whatever it is. Once he gets a real deal they can resign shane vereen and mccoruty and the kicker

JNA

Banned
The Seahawks will be in the playoffs again next year, easily. The rest of the NFC West will be in shambles, probably. Hawks are playing Jay Quitler, Fat Stafford, Andy Dolton, Viqueens and the literal Browns. Only tough games will probably be @Packers and @Dallas, and maybe drop a game or two to a team like the Rams or Stoolers.

11-13 wins for the Seahawks next season is my optimistic prediction.

If Lynch walks, that's going to be a very questionable year for the Hawks next season. Especially if they overpay Wilson.

I have a feeling this might be the last time we will see the Hawks in the Super Bowl again for a while. They have shown a lot of flaws that could translate next season on both sides of the field. They do draft well so who knows but it's just a gut feeling. With the people that are leaving like Quinn and potentially Lynch, then there is thing with Sherman maybe needing tommy john surgery.

As stupid as this might sound, I have a feeling the Giants could make some noise next season. Their offense looks like it will pick up, they just need to draft well on defense. I say this as a guy that despises the Giants more than any team. XD Falcons are a coach away from being really good I think. They obviously have the talent on the team. They just suck at using em correctly.

Rams also look like they will make a lot of noise next season just like the Bills will in the AFC.

My sleeper AFC: Raiders. Stupid pick most likely but fuck it, they will make the playoffs next year. It's just simply there time. I have no explanation other than that.

Super Bowl NFC: Packers. NOW it's time. Packers will be the Spurs after the 2013 NBA Finals. Hungry and looking for revenge after a heart breaking defeat.

RELAYER

Banned
I thought Bellichick was either nuts or just straight up didn't give a shit when he was letting the clock roll with the Hawks on the 1 yard line. Everyone watching that game thought Lynch was about to go in for sure.
It's crazy that it actually worked out for the best. Like he can fucking see into the future or something. That was like some time-wizard clock management.

JNA

Banned
I thought Bellichick was either nuts or just straight up didn't give a shit when he was letting the clock roll with the Hawks on the 1 yard line. Everyone watching that game thought Lynch was about to go in for sure.
It's crazy that it actually worked out for the best. Like he can fucking see into the future or something. That was like some time-wizard clock management.

He kinda got bailed out by Carrol and Bevell being absolute idiots.

Yeah at first I was like "Chick what the hell are you doing!? Call a timeout and just let them run it in!"

Than the INT happened and I'm like "Well...shows what I know" XD.

cdyhybrid

I could have told him that Bevell was fucking garbage and would throw the ball there. He's done that his entire time here.

Honestly after the last two super bowls in the same situation the man was just tired of that shit and said if were gonna win we gonna win it now.

I could have told him that Bevell was fucking garbage and would throw the ball there. He's done that his entire time here.

You know what's crazy? We had the same situation last year 1st and goal up 8-0 on Denver in the SB. On the FX (and Seahawks DVD) you can hear Pete says "lets give it to the big guy 4 times. What you guys think? I like give it to the big guy"

Then this year we don't give it to the big guy.

JNA

Banned
You know what's crazy? We had the same situation last year 1st and goal up 8-0 on Denver in the SB. On the FX (and Seahawks DVD) you can hear Pete says "lets give it to the big guy 4 times. What you guys think? I like give it to the big guy"

Then this year we don't give it to the big guy.

I wonder what the conversation was like on that play call. Did Pete just agree when Bevell said to pass it? Was there any arguing? Or anything?

Kiryu

Im still hurt because they chose to ignore "the heart and the soul of the offense" which is Marshawn Lynch. It would be amazing end if Lynch got 2nd TD and get SB MVP. It's all past now. Move forward.

Fuck Darrell Bevell. I don't want him in next season.

Patriots7

PATS-GAF!

I just blacked in and I don't give two shits. I love every single one of you.
GATA! BREAD! ACT! DUTCH! MILCH! SANJY! JBUG! COLA! ciaossu

If you've suffered through the bitterness and hatred towards PATS-GAF for the past year(s) and I missed you, I'm sorry

If we score that's like 99% win right? I know we didn't but for my sanity what is it? 98? 95? 90? 80? Realistically I think 96. I still can't get over that stupid ass call. I don't know if they were out smarting themselves, or trying to pat Russell's stats for MVP. Either way it was the dumbest call I have ever seen.

Still in shock.

Have to say, much as I hate on the Pats, Tom Brady is simply the best QB out there. Gets the job done, somehow, anyhow. Seattle D was banged up but he was absolutely clinical in the 4th Q. Much respect.

Fuck woke up thought it was a dream but Seahawks really fucked up.

Yea I'm not even mad at the Pats. I feel like they deserve it to a certain degree 60/40 ish in their favor. We did win the turnover battle, and really 1 turnover so much better than the 5 we committed against Green Bay but we just dind't make clutch plays. Settle for one FG, Kearse dropped a pass that would of put us in the red zone, and then Russell last second INT. So really 3 clutch plays that any one of the three goes our way we win, but we just didn't make those plays. So at the end of the day no one to blame but ourselves. This loss is 10x more depressing than SB 40, but there is 0 anger towards the Pats because it's on us. We fucked up. Can't sugarcoat that.

Top Bottom