• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

squicken

Didn't get the meteor strike I was hoping for, but I'm glad the Pats won. Seattle's bullshit jump ball/luck passing offense was just too much. They are nuts if they let Lynch go.

Don't get the Bevell hate. He runs Carroll's offense, and does a good job of giving Wilson lots of easy throws. That slant/go to Lynch was awesome and maybe goes for 6 on a better throw

So Pats have another tainted title and Seattle lost. Sometimes there's only competing bad choices.

Dragon

Banned
Didn't get the meteor strike I was hoping for, but I'm glad the Pats won. Seattle's bullshit jump ball/luck passing offense was just too much. They are nuts if they let Lynch go.

Don't get the Bevell hate. He runs Carroll's offense, and does a good job of giving Wilson lots of easy throws. That slant/go to Lynch was awesome and maybe goes for 6 on a better throw

What are you talking about? I mean Chris Matthews is obviously the answer for them...

So where do we go from here?

The Patriots have an actual non-Spygate Super Bowl.

So Pats have another tainted title and Seattle lost. Sometimes there's only competing bad choices.

About that...the idiocy is going to continue...

Spinluck

Great game by both teams, but it's kind of crazy Seattle was even in it. A lot of those jump balls could have gone either way.

Spinluck

Acknowledge that Belichick is one of the 3 best coaches ever and Brady almost as good as Montana. Not sure if they are the league's best dynasty, but it's been an amazing run

When Tammy scored those last 2 drives my hate was relinquished. Pats hate seems like an afterthought now, the lifelongs can still get fucked and we can all still agree Spygate and Delegate probably still happened. But when it counted Tammy made the plays against a top defense without any cameras and deflated balls. One of the all time great performances IMO. Even with the two picks he completely outplayed Wussle and that defense. In the unwise words of Gata, it is what it is.

SWu3lJr.jpg

Who would've ever imagined this

squicken

When Tammy scored those last 2 drives my hate was relinquished. Pats hate seems like an afterthought now, the lifelongs can still get fucked and we can all still agree Spygate and Delegate probably still happened. But when it counted Tammy made the plays against a top defense without any cameras and deflated balls. One of the all time great performances IMO. Even with the two picks he completely outplayed Wussle and that defense. In the unwise words of Gata, it is what it is.

It helped that his line held up. Last year Denver couldn't even throw short passes. But it's amazing that he threw 50 passes against that defense and controlled the game. A great game by an great player.

And so much bullshit Bettis goes in to the HoF but Pace and Warner missed out. Pittsburgh voting block is unreal. Hines Ward probably will go in ahead of Murderin' Marv

Striker

It helped that his line held up. Last year Denver couldn't even throw short passes. But it's amazing that he threw 50 passes against that defense and controlled the game. A great game by an great player.
They had a better run game and had guys open seemingly all night. It's just a very efficient and great system they run. He fits it well. Rarely do you seem them attempt to throw downfield. Michael Bennett was Tuck out there rushing from the interior. They did get pressure at times but none of it mattered since NE were getting rid of it so quickly. Edleman was getting lots of YAC as well. Felt like Seattle's Safeties were invisible.

Denver had a combination of things. Peyton noodling passes in the middle of the field, Demaryius Thomas playing horrific ball, absence of a run game, and felt like Seattle's defense was simply better last year (better DT's and corners).

Striker

Maybe Seattle will start having Sherman shadowing the team's best receiver. They were moving Edelman around and he was open all night. That fake out he kept doing worked every time. He had a TD on the series prior but Brady fastballed it.

Great job everyone who stuck with the Trejo Pick'ems league. My other fantasy teams tanked this year. This one was the only one that I was competitive in, and had my interest. It was really good fun.

To win by one point with my Pats snatching victory from defeat, I mean that's as sweet as it gets. What a fucking game.

Sanjuro

Maybe Seattle will start having Sherman shadowing the team's best receiver. They were moving Edelman around and he was open all night. That fake out he kept doing worked every time. He had a TD on the series prior but Brady fastballed it.

They moved Sherman on him at least a few times last night.

effzee

And now 8 months of sadness.

Congratulations to the Patriots.

Amazing game overall. Just terrible for Seattle. How much of that comes back? Maxwell is going to be an Eagle. So will Revis.

And now 8 months of sadness.

Congratulations to the Patriots.

Amazing game overall. Just terrible for Seattle. How much of that comes back? Maxwell is going to be an Eagle. So will Revis.

Revis said last night that it would be awesome to come back to New England. He ain't leaving, he now knows what it feels like to win and he will want to repeat.

z7FPYgP.jpg

I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THESE GRONK PICS

Tom Penny

Revis said last night that it would be awesome to come back to New England. He ain't leaving, he now knows what it feels like to win and he will want to repeat.

Then Brady will only be going to his 7th SB next year..they still have to make him the highest paid which..realistically they probably won't do.

To be honest I wasn't very impressed with Brady's performance. He had some great throws for sure but it was mostly just dinking and dunking against obvious mismatches (primarily Simon). For every great throw he had an awful pick. Accuracy was very good for the most part but I give a lot more credit to McDaniels, Belichick, and the receivers.

Belichick in particular deserves a ton of credit for adapting this team to fit what Brady has become, an accurate short range pocket passer. It's efficient but in terms of QB skill it's not terribly impressive.

I will say Brady's pocket movement always impresses me. He climbs the pocket so smoothly and always knows when he needs to shift a little.

Brady's resume is probably the most impressive of all time but in terms of QB skill I don't think he's the GOAT.

Tom Penny

To be honest I wasn't very impressed with Brady's performance. He had some great throws for sure but it was mostly just dinking and dunking against obvious mismatches (primarily Simon). For every great throw he had an awful pick. Accuracy was very good for the most part but I give a lot more credit to McDaniels, Belichick, and the receivers.

Belichick in particular deserves a ton of credit for adapting this team to fit what Brady has become, an accurate short range pocket passer. It's efficient but in terms of QB skill it's not terribly impressive.

I will say Brady's pocket movement always impresses me. He climbs the pocket so smoothly and always knows when he needs to shift a little.

Brady's resume is probably the most impressive of all time but in terms of QB skill I don't think he's the GOAT.

lol

eznark

Banned

What's not impressive about sub 6 yards per attempt?

I know Revis has been more valuable, but Browner brought an edge the defense hasn't had in years.

Gonna be really difficult to keep them both, with large cap hits next year. So some changes need to be made, especially with Gost, McCourty and Vereen also needing an extension.

Pls friend

Spinluck

He didn't make any spectacular throws. But he didn't really need to I guess. Seattle tackled poorly, and the secondary did not look 100. NE coaches definitely outcoached them too. The O-line came up huge, and McDaniels did his homework.

Seattle's offense just wasn't as good as they should've been, defense gave them enough chances to put points up.

Seattle stayed in the game throwing jump balls that you only throw on your little brother or cousin who's hands are too small to hold the controller in Madden. Lynch played a great game NE's D did a great job with gap responsibility.

Top Bottom