• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Respect

K9bhUZo.gif

Let's talk some more about Gronk.

rtrjswdtbcgx3kqxvvbh.gif

Talon

It took the NFL 12 years, but they finally figured out that the best way to beat a good secondary is to cheese the hell out of slant/flat route combos.

Belichick should thank Madden 2004 for this victory.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Cleveland broke Money Manziel.

Actually Cleveland is the best thing to happen to him.

He probably accidentally drove around the city and saw all those drunk bums and hobos and realized he had to stop drinking all together or he had a chance to become like them.

njean777

K9bhUZo.gif

Let's talk some more about Gronk.

I may be an Eagles fan but Gronk is awesome. Happy to see him get a ring. Also Brady controlled that game, I remember seeing a lot of people saying that the dink and dunk wouldn't work because manning tried it last year and it didn't. I said Brady isn't manning and the dink and dunk is what the whole patriot passing game is built around and it showed last night.

I had weirdest dreams last night. I was sitting on the hood of my car in the Wawa parking lot cradling a six pack and feeling salty about the game when Tom Brady walks out. I mutter out a real begrudging sounding "Congrats man, you earned it." He looks me up and down in my Ravens shirt and hat with open disdain and gives me a real curt "Yeah, thanks." He turns around to a car pulling and it's Troy Brown and Tom gets all excited and he's like " Troy, man, let's go get sno-cones!" and Troy's shaking his head like nah. Tom gets in the car going "Dude c'mon you never want to get sno-cones, Jesus..." as the car pulls off.

So I guess congrats Pats, fuck the Pats, and Pats-Gaf should go get sno-cones today because it's what drunk dream Brady would want.

slabrock

Banned
Great job everyone who stuck with the Trejo Pick'ems league. My other fantasy teams tanked this year. This one was the only one that I was competitive in, and had my interest. It was really good fun.

To win by one point with my Pats snatching victory from defeat, I mean that's as sweet as it gets. What a fucking game.

I picked the Pats to win 28-24 in the pickem league. I should have bet money ;(

I had weirdest dreams last night. I was sitting on the hood of my car in the Wawa parking lot cradling a six pack and feeling salty about the game when Tom Brady walks out. I mutter out a real begrudging sounding "Congrats man, you earned it." He looks me up and down in my Ravens shirt and hat with open disdain and gives me a real curt "Yeah, thanks." He turns around to a car pulling and it's Troy Brown and Tom gets all excited and he's like " Troy, man, let's go get sno-cones!" and Troy's shaking his head like nah. Tom gets in the car going "Dude c'mon you never want to get sno-cones, Jesus..." as the car pulls off.

So I guess congrats Pats, fuck the Pats, and Pats-Gaf should go get sno-cones today because it's what drunk dream Brady would want.

What a fantastic dream :jnc

I'm not gonna argue with you about it, because it's a complete bull discussion. Tom Brady just won his 4th Super Bowl, playing against the best defense in football. I don't care if he dinked and dunked.
He took whatever the defense gave him, controlled a large part of the game and came up big at the right time. That shows greatness, usually everybody here talks about how stats are not important, it's all about winning, but when Tom wins his 4th (!) Super Bowl, all you guys talk about is how he only had 5.9 yards per attempt.

He won the goddamn game. All your clown ass teams couldn't do it.

I sure as fuck hope not. FUCK THAT MOTHERFUCKING SIMS PLAYING BIIIIIIIITTTCCCHHHHH!

Playing to somebodies strengths and doing it really well -> System QB.
He did what he needed to do, I never said otherwise. Thankfully for him that happened to be nothing too difficult.

I honestly didn't think this would be such a controversial topic.

Ultimately the win is what matters but Brady only played one part in it and I didn't think his part was all that impressive. That's all I'm saying.

Big-E

Brady's performance was decent in terms of numbers but it was not good by any stretch. That first INT could have been a game killer if they scored off of it. It was also really ugly. I was not as concerned with the second INT but that first one was beyond horrible. Brady also had a handful of misthrows on open receivers that should have been made. Brady did have zero run support so Seattle knew what was coming and he was able to still execute somewhat. Stat wise he ends up putting up history making numbers but it is mostly because there are not many lights out qb performances in super bowls.

He did what he needed to do, I never said otherwise. Thankfully for him that happened to be nothing too difficult.

I honestly didn't think this would be such a controversial topic.

Ultimately the win is what matters but Brady only played one part in it and I didn't think his part was all that impressive. That's all I'm saying.

"Nothing too difficult"

Sure.

Talon

Let's just really enjoy the fact that Brandon Lafell scored a TD in the Superbowl and won a Championship.

Brandon Lafell is the greatest Panther of all time.

Dragon

Banned
Go look at the throws and tell me which ones impressed you. The accuracy was solid and the third and long bullet to Edelman (I think?) was impressive, otherwise it was dinking and dunking against mismatches created by well designed schemes.

Also, they aren't the best defense in the NFL with a bum backup playing slot CB and three other guys in the secondary banged up, not to mention Avril being out.

Brady did what he needed to do, I will admit that. I just didn't think anything he did was all that special, it was more about the coaching and receivers from what I saw.

You're welcome to your opinion, I just don't agree with it :).

And dinking and dunking work against Seattle's defense. They did not tackle well and having longer routes clearing space for the underneath stuff worked almost all game.

Spinluck

I may be an Eagles fan but Gronk is awesome. Happy to see him get a ring. Also Brady controlled that game, I remember seeing a lot of people saying that the dink and dunk wouldn't work because manning tried it last year and it didn't. I said Brady isn't manning and the dink and dunk is what the whole patriot passing game is built around and it showed last night.

Seattle line crushed that Broncos O-line all last year. It was absolute domination. Shame PeyPey's regular season game against them this year couldn't be his SB one. He always did play conservative as shit in big games and didn't try to make risky throws he usually makes any other day.

Here we must credit Tammy, the gameplan, the wide open WRs/RBs, and the O-line.

I thought he played really well outside of a few plays that could gave really fucked them over. But he got a lot of help and came through for his team. I was so ready to call him a choker after the second INT, but after the two scoring drives I could not (even if they lost).

If Seattle used their brains and milked the clock, forced a timeout of NE and daggered the game with Marshawn--then I still wouldn't have anything to say about Tammy. He did all his team needed him to do. Killed Seattle on 3rd and longs. McDaniels called a near perfect game as well.

LJ11

Brady's performance was decent in terms of numbers but it was not good by any stretch. That first INT could have been a game killer if they scored off of it. It was also really ugly. I was not as concerned with the second INT but that first one was beyond horrible. Brady also had a handful of misthrows on open receivers that should have been made. Brady did have zero run support so Seattle knew what was coming and he was able to still execute somewhat. Stat wise he ends up putting up history making numbers but it is mostly because there are not many lights out qb performances in super bowls.

Came up big in the 4th Q, showed some good pocket movement, vintage stuff. Came up big when they needed it, didn't feel he had a strong game before that though. Two brutal Ints, and when Bennett was going early in the 3rd it looked like Tom was going to crawl into a hole, but he came back strong.

eznark

Banned
Came up big in the 4th Q, showed some good pocket movement, vintage stuff. Came up big when they needed it, didn't feel he had a strong game before that though. Two brutal Ints, and when Bennett was going early in the 3rd it looked like Tom was going to crawl into a hole, but he came back strong.

Thought it was bizarre how the d-line kept just gliding past him instead of attacking him on his 5 steps.

Which one of the TD passes was difficult, for example? The three to wide open receivers matched up against a garbage backup slot corner? The lob to a massive catching machine TE who burned a LB in single coverage?

Callin' it like I see it.

If it's all so easy, why isn't every QB in the league doing it?

Dragon

Banned
Which one of the TD passes was difficult, for example? The three to wide open receivers matched up against a garbage backup slot corner? The lob to a massive catching machine TE who burned a LB in single coverage?

Callin' it like I see it.

Hey man, I'm not saying he played perfectly. The pick to Lane was horrific, in that situation, you take the sack instead of throwing it in the middle of the field like that. I just think you're being pretty hard on him, even with all the caveats of the situation.

They might have won but they will always be cheaters and this is just another * as far as I am concerned.

Worst day ever. :(

You and Tabris will always have *.

If it's all so easy, why isn't every QB in the league doing it?
Belichick is a hell of a coach. Amazing at using what he's got and exploiting weaknesses. McDbag is a great o-coordinator. Edelman has elite quickness, Vereen is a great pass receiving RB, Gronk is always a mismatch. Pats o-line is always great and the few times they haven't been Brady sucks balls. Also, key injuries to the Seahawks.

Katy Perry could really get it though

Belichick is a hell of a coach. Amazing at using what he's got and exploiting weaknesses. McDbag is a great o-coordinator. Edelman has elite quickness, Vereen is a great pass receiving RB, Gronk is always a mismatch. Pats o-line is always great and the few times they haven't been Brady sucks balls. Also, key injuries to the Seahawks.

Oh now we can blame losses on injuries, but when the Pats lose in the Super Bowl with a gimp Gronk, the counter argument always is "everybody has injuries".

It's really cool how you are so desperately trying to take away every aspect of the win from Brady.

Big-E

He did prove that he is clutch and will go down as probably the best in pressure situations even though a fair number of those situations have been due to poor individual play.

ShaneB

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/2/7962867/super-bowl-2015-tv-ratings-nielsen-record-seahawks-patriots

The New England Patriots defeated the Seattle Seahawks with a dramatic interception in the final 20 seconds of Super Bowl XLIX and the close 28-24 game was enough to set a television record in the Nielsen ratings. According to Austin Karp of SportsBusiness Daily, the Super Bowl drew a 49.7 overnight rating which eclipsed the record for the game which had stood for more than three decades.

Top Bottom