• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Talon

Pete Carroll just needs to go all in at the end with his star players. Didn't he do the same thing at USC leaving Bush on the sideline on the 4th down play?
He gave the ball to one of the best big backs in football in Lendale White. What, you would've preferred some weird swing pass in 4th and short? Or, hell, a quick slant?

MechDX

Jets have 3 options for the draft

• Trade up for a QB or if one falls
  • Trade down for more picks so they can replenish the lines
  • Amari Cooper

If they draft a DE I will be mad as fuck

Matt Miller mock I posted had Mariotta falling to the Jets.

methodman

Banned
tomsula gonna show the world that the niners should have won a superbowl with the talent that's here.

we underperformed the last two years with harbaugh. our offense was awful.

effzee

Look at this draft mock and two other this morning and all 3 of them have the Texans drafting Cornerback Trae Waynes, Michigan State. I don't think they go CB in the first if Kareem Jackson resigns. If he goes, maybe.

Matt Millers first 7 round mock. BR I know but Miller is a good guy and great follow on Twitter:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dium=share&utm_campaign=web-mob-art-mid-22189

All delusional dreams of Mariota aside, a possible realistic and absolutely necessary off season for the Eagles has to include drafting the guy projected in both of these mocks.

Draft Landon Collins. And sign any combination of Kareem Jackson, Byron Maxwell, and or Brandon Flowers.

jmdajr

image.php

nice

I know nothing about him, and haven't watched him, but a lot of folks are throwing around best cornerback they've seen in X years.

Doesn't he have character issues though? Steelers shy away from character problems in the first round.

I don't know anything about the players in this year's draft, but my guess is all else equal the Steelers will take a pass rusher in the first.

Talamius

My hope for the Panthers:

Sign a veteran WR in free agency. Someone to complement KB and Olsen. Thinking budget wise, maybe Fitzgerald if he becomes available.

Draft Byron Bell's replacement (trade up if necessary!)

Honestly everything after that is a bonus. I think we are a lot closer than people give us credit for and the future is pretty bright.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Don't get me wrong, I'm running the ball there too.

I just think WORST CALL IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS is overselling a bit.

Sports, I dunno. But Super Bowl? Seriously, I know the internet in generally is fond of hyperbole and GOAT/WOAT syndrome, but name me a worst call in Super Bowl history. I'm willing to say "shit, forgot that one" but I am coming up with nothing even close. Hell, the number of Super Bowls that have been decided by a bad call has to be in the single digits.

MechDX

All delusional dreams of Mariota aside, a possible realistic and absolutely necessary off season for the Eagles has to include drafting the guy projected in both of these mocks.

Draft Landon Collins. And sign any combination of Kareem Jackson, Byron Maxwell, and or Brandon Flowers.

Motherfucker. I swear if this happens I will lose it.

Stay away from our damn players!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sports, I dunno. But Super Bowl? Seriously, I know the internet in generally is fond of hyperbole and GOAT/WOAT syndrome, but name me a worst call in Super Bowl history. I'm willing to say "shit, forgot that one" but I am coming up with nothing even close. Hell, the number of Super Bowls that have been decided by a bad call has to be in the single digits.

There have been bigger chokes (as you are intimately familiar with) but specific bad play calls? That's the tough part. Most definitely have been some games where coaches just called a bad game in general.

cdyhybrid

The reaction to that call at the end of the game is equal parts hindsight being 20/20 with prisoner of the moment-ness (to borrow a term from Bayless).

Every person in America expected a run there. The Pats D certainly did. Carroll/Bevell just tried to go with something unexpected and it didn't work out. Slightly better execution and we're talking about how Pete Carroll is a genius and the Seahawks are on their way to dynasty.

Nope. If that's a TD pass I still want Bevell fired.

But I've wanted him fired for a while now, so the call really had nothing to do with it.

jakncoke

Banned
I was too drunk to stay conscious during the 4th but highlights sure made it seem exciting. At least it was a good game. Fuck the pats still.

WanderingWind

There have been bigger chokes (as you are intimately familiar with) but specific bad play calls? That's the tough part. Most definitely have been some games where coaches just called a bad game in general.

Yeah, bigger chokes exist for sure. Last year was one coach a good example of bad play calling in general. But for single calls in Super Bowl history, if not last night, then what? Again, I know everybody wants to avoid calling everything the WOAT right after the fact, but if anything is going to be called the worst call in Super Bowl history, what else would you choose? Until better options are brought up - and I can't think of any - this is easily it.

squicken

I don't want to live in the world where furyous, mech and Skip Bayless are our nation's prophets :(

And really, isn't it actually normal behavior to have a drinking problem if you have to play for the Browns?

Tom Penny

It's only a bad call because they lost. Just like Tyree's catch is legendary and Kearse's catch don't mean shit now.

MechDX

Guess my Ryan Leaf 2.0 prediction for JFF last off season wasn't as far fetched as it was assumed by most people here.
evil-smile.gif

LevelNth

Banned
One thing is for certain, the Packers epic collapse is certainly less of a topic now. It still dwarfs the Hawks stupidity, but they will always be able to say 'at least it wasn't in the Super Bowl!'.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't get it with Johnny. Browns are supposed to win in the offseason, how is he going to start them off with an L? Some team player he is.

WanderingWind

It's only a bad call because they lost. Just like Tyree's catch is legendary and Kearse's catch don't mean shit now.

This is something people are fond of saying, even though it's just an empty statement. It's a sports tautology. Tyree's catch is legendary because of what it signified. If it had been a random catch in the first quarter when the score was 0-0 it would be on some highlight reels, but nothing that most people would remember. Of course the context of the call matters. If Carroll had not gone for the TD earlier, it wouldn't have mattered what he called there, either.

You can't just remove the call from the context of the potential impact and say "it's only bad because they lost." They lost because it was bad. That's precisely what makes it a bad call.

Its crazy how many many plays and players can make or break a season.

Like Brian Tyms with that huge touchdown catch in Buffalo and Jonas Grays game in Indy.

Tom Penny

This is something people are fond of saying, even though it's just an empty statement. It's a sports tautology. Tyree's catch is legendary because of what it signified. If it had been a random catch in the first quarter when the score was 0-0 it would be on some highlight reels, but nothing that most people would remember. Of course the context of the call matters. If Carroll had not gone for the TD earlier, it wouldn't have mattered what he called there, either.

You can't just remove the call from the context of the potential impact and say "it's only bad because they lost." They lost because it was bad. That's precisely what makes it a bad call.

If they scored a TD that's not a bad call..they didn't and the better team won.

Jarnet87

At least 3 players from last night Super Bowl were members of the Buccaneers that we gave away for nothing (Blount, Bennett, and Revis). The secret best team to steal talent from, we practically give it away for free. What an organization. I can't wait to see who else the Pates poach from us.

Top Bottom