• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

zychi

Banned
What phone should I get tonight? Currently have an S4. Need a good amount of memory for offline Spotify playlist listening (ideally 30+GB would be nice) and long battery life would be a plus.

iPhone 6+ 64gb if you want ios
Note 4 or LG g3 if you want Android

MechDX

:jnc

The best part was that it was 7AM.

0202-warren-sapp-mug-wm-3.jpg

"Sometimes you get the thirst at weird times. It must be satisfied!'

Mindlog

Who really wants to live a country where you can't even solicit a prostitute at 7AM?
What happened to the pursuit of happiness?

This is some bullshit.

cdyhybrid

Curtis Crabtree @Curtis_Crabtree · now 21 seconds ago
Carroll said he hasn't seen a replay yet but doesn't think there was anything more Ricardo Lockette could have done on the play.

#FireBevell

Striker

Against the best defense in the league by far. Yeah they didn't have avril or jeremy lane (lol who?), but that's part of football, injuries happen. It was impressive, anybody who trys to excuse that is salty.
Both starting DT's were out and have been out for quite a bit (whoops, Hill didn't start but played in a heavy rotation, their best pass rusher at tackle). Sherman played hurt. I'm sure lots of guys did. He did tons of short crossing routes and passes to the flat with Vereen. There's no excusing it, but they did a very basic and safe offense with quick releases. Bennett was being their Justin Tuck and had constant pressure, but the playcalling was superb for him.

LevelNth

Banned
Curtis Crabtree @Curtis_Crabtree · now 21 seconds ago
Carroll said he hasn't seen a replay yet but doesn't think there was anything more Ricardo Lockette could have done on the play.
I'm sure Lockette is probably too busy wondering why the throw wasn't on his left shoulder like it should have been rather than worry about what else he could've done.

LJ11

I literally yelled out like the Packers won the Super Bowl when it was announced at PSX.

Yakuza 4 might be my favorite console only game last gen. Up there with Tales of Vesperia and Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time for sure.

Hell I even loved Yakuza Dead Souls.

Have not played 4 yet, but I intend to.

My favorite moment is in part 3. Side mission, someone was kidnapping school girls, and you have to investigate or some shit, lol. Went all around, nothing, then I'm like wait a minute, what about that guy over there. Talk to him, talks to me about eating BBQ with him, left and kept it moving.

After backtracking I end up back near the BBQ guy, I ignore him again, take a few steps and turn back towards the BBQ. A black guy in Osaka wants to take me out for BBQ? Fuck it, lets see where this goes. Eat BBQ, dude slips me a mickey and knocks me out. Dude intends on selling me, he's a human trafficker. Wake up in some strange apart, you grab the flat panel TV and kick the crap out of every last one.

Entire scene is hysterical, it's a bit racist but funny as fuck. Couldn't stop laughing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Both starting DT's were out and have been out for quite a bit (whoops, Hill didn't start but played in a heavy rotation, their best pass rusher at tackle). Sherman played hurt. I'm sure lots of guys did. He did tons of short crossing routes and passes to the flat with Vereen. There's no excusing it, but they did a very basic and safe offense with quick releases. Bennett was being their Justin Tuck and had constant pressure, but the playcalling was superb for him.

Funny how simple the formula was to beat them and nobody else has figured it out. Besides Shermans injury was a non-factor, he was barely thrown at. Chancellor was fine, and obviously I can't speak to earl Thomas. They got outplayed period.

Colasante

Im still dumbfounded

Malcolm mother fuckin Butler

Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Kyle Arrington, Logan Ryan, Malcolm Butler, Alfonzo Dennard. Can never have too many cornerbacks. Made all the difference the past two seasons and last night.

Colasante

Will Gurley even be available at 32 though? I imagine he'd get snapped up in the 15-25 range

It's so hard to say. He's a running back coming off an ACL tear, so those are two marks against him going in the 1st round, but he does have the potential to be a real difference maker, so I wouldn't be surprised to see New England or Seattle take him, even if the first year has to act as a quasi-redshirt season for him.

Striker

Funny how simple the formula was to beat them and nobody else has figured it out. Besides Shermans injury was a non-factor, he was barely thrown at. Chancellor was fine, and obviously I can't speak to earl Thomas. They got outplayed period.
They weren't tested much in the NFC post-season. They took out a 7-9 playoff team and squeaked by a team with an injured QB. It was a weak group (NFC quality).

cdyhybrid

Of course they got outplayed, but you can't gloat about beating the best defense in the league and then conveniently ignore that we had multiple starters and depth guys out of the game with injury.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Have not played 4 yet, but I intend to.

My favorite moment is in part 3. Side mission, someone was kidnapping school girls, and you have to investigate or some shit, lol. Went all around, nothing, then I'm like wait a minute, what about that guy over there. Talk to him, talks to me about eating BBQ with him, left and kept it moving.

After backtracking I end up back near the BBQ guy, I ignore him again, take a few steps and turn back towards the BBQ. A black guy in Osaka wants to take me out for BBQ? Fuck it, lets see where this goes. Eat BBQ, dude slips me a mickey and knocks me out. Dude intends on selling me, he's a human trafficker. Wake up in some strange apart, you grab the flat panel TV and kick the crap out of every last one.

Entire scene is hysterical, it's a bit racist but funny as fuck. Couldn't stop laughing.

I would definitely make time for it whenever hit hits PS+. Yakuza 4 is a lot like 3 but it's so much more. I thought I would hate the character switching but it really kept the 100+ hours I put into it nice and fresh by adding unique elements for each guy. Each guy also has their own sidequests and such so it's like getting a whole new city each time.

Colasante

Of course they got outplayed, but you can't gloat about beating the best defense in the league and then conveniently ignore that we had multiple starters and depth guys out of the game with injury.

Of course he can. I still think the Seahawks have the best defense in the league without Jeremy Lane and Cliff Avril, don't you? Michael Bennett was a terror and even a one-armed Richard Sherman proved to be the best shutdown corner in the league. I don't know why Seahawks fans are cutting off their nose to spite their face and insulting the defense they fielded.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I seem to remember people scoffing at the idea that who Brady was throwing to in the AFCC game played a huge factor in how that game played out. That being said, the major seahawks that mattered were there. Even without Avril they're the best D in the league.

edit- might wanna make sure Irvin hasn't relapsed by the way, getting ejected in the way he did was a bit much for bitterness, maybe a little roid rage goin on, but who knows.

cdyhybrid

Of course he can. I still think the Seahawks have the best defense in the league without Jeremy Lane and Cliff Avril, don't you? Michael Bennett was a terror and even a one-armed Richard Sherman proved to be the best shutdown corner in the league. I don't know why Seahawks fans are cutting off their nose to spite their face and insulting the defense they fielded.

They're still good, but I dunno about the best in the league. They were certainly still good enough to win that game, and they played like it. Pats' defense looked better to me in that game, but both defenses played well enough to win.

Top Bottom