• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It will go away.

The bandwagoners and lifelongers will settle down, but the praise and love being showered on Brady will always be there. The amount of GOAT articles and different people who have come forward to praise him is ridiculous and I'm loving it. They've solidified their legacy in Elway fashion in the most unbelievable turn of events.

To the winner goes the spoils. 'Grats.

Still gonna bust your balls all next season.

We did nothing to deserve this.

That's fine, I'll enjoy it much more than I have in a while. It's definitely been tough the past few years, but it was all worth it :). I can feel happy that Brady finished his job, whatever he does now is Gravy, much like Ortiz and the sox going from WS champs to dead last. I mean it still sucks that your team sucks, and the pats are on the clock in a big way right now with Tom, but what they accomplished will never go away.

MechDX

I wonder if they'll send mallett a ring

Fucker was all fired up on Twitter last night. Retweeting and tweeting comments that make me wonder if he already has a deal in place. Needs to get off the social media, maybe send his ass to Wisconsin and hang out with Watt

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Anybody have Toms 4th quarter statistics? It is unfortunate it had to end on the INT, even though that's great in its own manner, but Brady calmly holding his fist up after finding Edelman wide open could've been iconic.

The bandwagoners and lifelongers will settle down, but the praise and love being showered on Brady will always be there. The amount of GOAT articles and different people who have come forward to praise him is ridiculous and I'm loving it. They've solidified their legacy in Elway fashion in the most unbelievable turn of events.

That's fine, I'll enjoy it much more than I have in a while. It's definitely been tough the past few years, but it was all worth it :). I can feel happy that Brady finished his job, whatever he does now is Gravy, much like Ortiz and the sox going from WS champs to dead last. I mean it still sucks that your team sucks, and the pats are on the clock in a big way right now with Tom, but what they accomplished will never go away.
accomplished*

Furyous

What BS Kaep deal? Niners can cut Kap anytime in the offseason and not take a cap hit. There's very little guaranteed money in his deal.

You just proved my point. No QB in their right mind signs a deal where the team can cut them at any time and in this instance, force a contract restructure if the QB wants to remain with the team.

Spinluck

Yeah, Brady did his thing and he deserves it.

Looking back at my post trolling the shit out of you guys and claiming that I'll take my dick out and be insufferable if you guys lost is pretty funny. But with how often you guys and your ugly logo made it to the AFCC this was bound to happen.

I still think you guys are the worst but Pats GAF deserves it for the torture alone. Most of you are cool. To think you guys could've won 6 if it wasn't for Lord Eli!

Dragon

Banned
Your shit talking is fittingly just as fraudulent as that team you claim.

jennifer-lawrence-oh-yeah-thumbs-up.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah, Brady did his thing and he deserves it.

Looking back at my post trolling the shit out of you guys and claiming that I'll take my dick out and be insufferable if you guys lost is pretty funny. But with how often you guys and your ugly logo made it to the AFCC this was bound to happen.

I still think you guys are the worst but Pats GAF deserves it for the torture alone. Most of you are cool. To think you guys could've won 6 if it wasn't for Lord Eli!

I appreciate this post, understanding both sides of the coin is important, knowing how close we were made the past few years so tough to watch come crashing down, so it's vindication and very relaxing. Think of it this way though, we have a tough road ahead once Brady goes and who knows when that is? I often during this run, when the team looked like it might be team to close the book on it, thought that having somebody like Luck must be amazing, knowing you got 10-15 years left of winning. Hopefully they put a better team around the guy though, because you guys literally have nobody outside of him and hilton on that side of the ball. I can't speak much to the defense, but honestly outside of davis, no big names come to mind (mathis is ooooolllldddd)

ampere

Anybody have Toms 4th quarter statistics? It is unfortunate it had to end on the INT, even though that's great in its own manner, but Brady calmly holding his fist up after finding Edelman wide open could've been iconic.

13-of-15 for 124 yards and two scores

Trey

Real talk when Kearse made that circus catch I was gearing up to troll Pats fans for all time. Was gonna drink on those tears like it was god's nectar.

I would have rather the Pats beat the brakes off Seattle than win on some ridiculous redzone INT. Ah, so is life.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
13-of-15 for 124 yards and two scores

Against the best defense in the league by far. Yeah they didn't have avril or jeremy lane (lol who?), but that's part of football, injuries happen. It was impressive, anybody who trys to excuse that is salty.

Dragon

Banned
Real talk when Kearse made that circus catch I was gearing up to troll Pats fans for all time. Was gonna drink on those tears like it was god's nectar.

I would have rather the Pats beat the brakes off Seattle than win on some ridiculous redzone INT. Ah, so is life.

jennifer-lawrence-oh-yeah-thumbs-up.gif

Hold this L

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Never like saying screw school, but I was way too hungover this morning to go dig my car out of a snow drift. My girlfriend texted me saying there were cars stuck in unplowed snow all along the bus lines. This is my first winter in Milwaukee, had no idea the plowing quality was utter shit. Waukesha was always on their game, plus that town is a third of Milwaukee's size

I stayed in all weekend until last night when my friends called me basically crying to pick them up over by the Marcus Amphitheater.

Took me a half hour to get my car out of my alley, and then I knocked the window off the tracks when I got so mad I couldn't at least have a cigarette that I elbowed the fuck out of it.

A lot of my friends here in Riverwest have cross-country skiing gear for days like this.

ampere

Against the best defense in the league by far. Yeah they didn't have avril or jeremy lane (lol who?), but that's part of football, injuries happen. It was impressive, anybody who trys to excuse that is salty.

Yeah Brady solidified the MVP with those drives... incredible. I really thought we were done at 24 - 10.

So now the Pats have until April 1st to sign Revis and guarantee back to back SB berths..

Aren't we set to pay him $20M for another season? I mean, he's good but not sure that kind of money is really available.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Funny considering your identity crisis just a week or two ago. You seemed pretty downtrodden about the Pats legacy being tainted but suddenly you're basking in it. Whatever, at least they won one legitimately (maybe).

Hey I'm the first to own that and I've brought it up in multiple threads. I still stand by what I said to, IF that happened it sucks, it's much worse than spygate. But after seeing the reports come out, bill and toms reaction, krafts reactions, the video proof and common sense, it's pretty obvious nothing malicious was done here on the patriots part. For now I'm basking in it, and people still trying to hold on to it as something legitimate are grasping at straws. Bookmark this post though, if something comes out that all but confirms it I will be singing a different tune.

I try to stay as objective as possible in situations like that, and the facts we were given at the very beginning from poor reporting and rumors swirling painted a bleak picture. I'm reactionary, but I gathered myself and let the reports paint the picture.

edit- and besides the pats first 3 superbowls remain untainted. Spygate wasn't illegal prior to the memo, and refs controlled the balls back then. I felt stabbed in the back by my childhood hero (I know i know), especially since I know spygate was all bill being a dick and not on Tom. This seemed like it would be purely on Tom and that sucked.

TheFatOne

Why? The Patriots have their 4th. They're good now. It's the Tannehill Future in the AFC East. This is a win-win for everyone other than the Seahawks (and Jets fans who had to watch Revis win with the Patriots).

I look forward to the Pats resigning Revis, and then Brady wining his 5th ring next year.

Tom Penny

Aren't we set to pay him $20M for another season? I mean, he's good but not sure that kind of money is really available.

It's even more than that on the cap. They would have get a deal done. Even if they cut him they take a hit. His current deal is a poison pill.

cdyhybrid

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet now12 seconds ago
When Pete Carroll said #Seahawks CB Jeremy Lane had a significant break, what he meant: Compound fracture, both broken wrist bones.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Gross.

rando14

When Pete Carroll said #Seahawks CB Jeremy Lane had a significant break, what he meant: Compound fracture, both broken wrist bones.

Gross.

Oof, bad injury. Wrist bones are small and complex, not to mention the possible nerve damage.

Dr. Khalfayan better do his job!!

cdyhybrid

What phone should I get tonight? Currently have an S4. Need a good amount of memory for offline Spotify playlist listening (ideally 30+GB would be nice) and long battery life would be a plus.

TheFatOne

Gross.

There is a picture of his wrist hitting the ground. Not for the faint of heart.

Top Bottom