• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

@jamisonhensley
Ex-#Ravens NT Terrence Cody was also charged with illegal possession of alligator. The felonies carry a maximum of three years in prison.

Glad we got rid of this fuck. Can't believe he abducted gata

A lot of times defensive performance as a whole is about the weakest link more than the strongest. Having Simon in there instead of Lane was HUGE, especially against a team who specializes in dialing in on chinks in the armor.

JNA

Banned
Curtis Crabtree @Curtis_Crabtree · now 21 seconds ago
Carroll said he hasn't seen a replay yet but doesn't think there was anything more Ricardo Lockette could have done on the play.

#FireBevell

What the fuck? Are people still trying to pin the blame on Lockette or is it just Bevell?

JNA

Banned
Everyone has tried to take blame for it except Bevell, who just pointed at Lockette.

Dude is a Mike McCarthy-tier coward.

Sounds like it. Although to be fair as a Packers fan, Mike McCarthy is only a coward when it comes to play calling. He has no problem taking the blame on decisions and screw ups as far as I know.

In OTHER NEWS, Ray Finkle is in the building!

ijwcsHo.jpg

Fantomex

The man just wanted waffles and a woman at 7 am. This is America! Eddie Murphy, Greg Anthony, LT, Hugh Grant #sappgetontheirlevel

cdyhybrid

Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch 16s17 seconds ago
Warren Sapp has been suspended indefinitely without pay from NFL Network.

I thought this was America.

Bread

Banned
Terrible throw. Lockette had no chance on that pass.

It also should have been been a pass play either though.
No chance? If Butler had been picked like the play called for, it's an easy td catch.

Poor placement for sure though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
n6d2zx9kxkyuoktyogku.gif

Good throw? Bad throw? Lockette weak on the ball? This is a great angle of the pass.

Bad Throw.

Nevermind the question of "why pass it?" That pass is 1/2+ yards too far in front of the WR. Ball should have been closer to the WR's left shoulder. The CB would have to completely go through the WR for the ball.

I actually honestly feel bad for seahawks-age because we've suffered our share of soul crushing defeats in the past 4 years but desperate times call for desperate measures!

At least the Seahawks already have a Bowl.

They could have gotten jobbed by paid off refs, had their plays stolen with no repercussions because the commissioner loves Bob Kraft, and then lost the Bowl when their drunk kicker (mesmerized by Janet Jackson's titty) sailed a kickoff out of bounds, never to get to another SB ever again

LJ11

People need to give Butler more credit for a great play he made.

Exactly. Reason you can't place the ball there is because the DB beat the WR to the spot, period, end of story.

Best ball placement would be to throw it the fuck away, but that play was bang bang.

Furyous

Agreed.

Let's talk about firing Darrell Bevell.

Gotta disagree on that call and I'm a hater so that says a lot. One bad call should not cause his firing. His playcalling got your squad to two super bowls. That's not easy and it's first time it's happened in years. Normally back to back super bowl appearances does not happen consecutively. The only good thing to come about this is Russell realizes he needs to improve and so does Bevell. Keep this team together for another run and then evaluate things moving next season. Put it like this: Bevell won't dream of doing this dumb shit again.

JNA

Banned
No chance? If Butler had been picked like the play called for, it's an easy td catch.

Poor placement for sure though.

That's my point in bold though. Hell, funny enough, it's not actually the passing play itself that is mind boggling. It's the kind of passing play.

If you're going to throw it in, why in the world would you choose the most dangerous route to throw the ball in too? Why not make a safe pass in the corner? Near out of bounds? Worst case is that the ball is incomplete, simple. Why throw in the middle where ALL the defenders are?

It's one thing to choose to throw on that play, it's another to pick a very dangerous route to throw on that play.

cdyhybrid

Gotta disagree on that call and I'm a hater so that says a lot. One bad call should not cause his firing. His playcalling got your squad to two super bowls. That's not easy and it's first time it's happened in years. Normally back to back super bowl appearances does not happen consecutively. The only good thing to come about this is Russell realizes he needs to improve and so does Bevell. Keep this team together for another run and then evaluate things moving next season. Put it like this: Bevell won't dream of doing this dumb shit again.

This isn't a one time thing. He consistently goes away from Marshawn in big short yardage situations. See the link Gata posted a few posts ago.

We got there in spite of him. Our passing game is mediocre at best, especially when you consider that huge chunks of it are on improvised plays.

While you're at it get a QB coach that can teach Russell to throw a catchable in cut.

Sign me up!

JNA

Banned
I mean the guy is an undrafted rookie. It's one thing if Revis does that but i think it's pretty cool because of who did it.

It is pretty cool.

For the rest of Malchom Butler's life, no matter how the rest of his career goes, gets to tell his kids and grand kids the story on how as a rookie, got the biggest interception of his life in the biggest game of his life.

cdyhybrid

Well, on the plus side for you guys, this probably won't be an issue ever again!

Bevell is not getting fired.

Yep, Lynch is probably gonna go to Oakland and get a nice payday. Too bad he couldn't go to the Rams or something so he could tell Bevell to hold his dick twice a year.

I'm just waiting for us to hire our DL coach as head coach without interviewing him.

Yep, Lynch is probably gonna go to Oakland and get a nice payday. Too bad he couldn't go to the Rams or something so he could tell Bevell to hold his dick twice a year.

I'm just waiting for us to hire our DL coach as head coach without interviewing him.

We all know this is the start of Carroll's downfall.

Greg

was getting my hair cut during break, and a hair fell down on my face that was annoying the shit out of me

pulled my right arm out from under the cape to scratch it off just as the lady cutting moved from behind me to my right side, and I accidentally smacked her right on the ass

Top Bottom