• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

JNA

Banned
Guys just have to end up in the right situation and they can flourish. The system needs to fit their skillset (or vice versa) and their personality has to mesh well with the rest of the team.

Yes you're right but that pretty much goes without saying doesn't it?

Why is it that more times than not in the NBA where players just don't fit the system where in the NFL, there is much more flexibility for players to succeed?

zychi

Banned
So is Madden online still laggy as fuck for anyone else? Doesn't matter that I have great internet, I keep getting matched up with the laggiest fucks ever. I threw a pick to a guy who wasn't even on my screen.

MechDX

Sorry you wasted a pick on Clowney,

3 possible responses here:

A) Anyone who had the #1 overall pick last year was taking Clowney. Not arguable

B) Lets not judge him on one season where he was injured for the majority of the season. Recover from his surgery and lets see how he performs

C) Oh its Tom Penny.

cdyhybrid

Why is it that more times than not in the NBA where players just don't fit the system where in the NFL, there is much more flexibility for players to succeed?

Yes, it goes without saying, but you still see guys end up in situations that aren't a good fit for them :p

As for the second part, different games would be my answer. Different dynamics, different numbers of players, etc. Can't really compare them like that IMO.

Tom Penny

Do you even watch the NBA? Clown shoe coaches like Mike Brown can get to the Finals with one elite talent..

Gotor going for the throat today. Why you gotta kick a man while he's down though? Especially an old man like bionic.

He just figured out that his idol Tebow was a fake while watching the one thing that sustained his life force, the fact that the Pats hadn't won a Super Bowl since Spygate, go away and you sit here and hurl insults at him?

Sorry you wasted a pick on Clowney,

Cam's a juco transfer.

2015 MVP Campaign confirmed.

rando14

I thought that winning the Bowl would make Gator more warm and amiable but I see it has only made him more aggressive!!

JNA

Banned
Yes, it goes without saying, but you still see guys end up in situations that aren't a good fit for them :p

As for the second part, different games would be my answer. Different dynamics, different numbers of players, etc. Can't really compare them like that IMO.

It just sucks when I saw Lin a few years ago during his Linsanity stint on the Knicks. I was actually pretty excited to see a guy who looks like he could be a star or an all star at the very least. Some D-leaguer coming from Harvard of all places. That would have been nice.

...but then Melo came back and ruined him. Than he just falls off a cliff after that. :(

Instead, it's always players coming out of Kentucky, Duke, Wake Forest, etc. No variety. :(

Do you even watch the NBA? Clown shoe coaches like Mike Brown can get to the Finals with one elite talent..

Do I even watch the NBA? Well yes. I wouldn't be speaking about it right now if I didn't. :p

cdyhybrid

It just sucks when I saw Lin a few years ago during his Linsanity stint on the Knicks. I was actually pretty excited to see a guy who looks like he could be a star or an all star at the very least. Some D-leaguer coming from Harvard of all places. That would have been nice.

...but then Melo came back and ruined him. Than he just falls off a cliff after that. :(

Instead, it's always players coming out of Kentucky, Duke, Wake Forest, etc. No variety. :(

Do I even watch the NBA? Well yes. I wouldn't be speaking about it right now if I didn't. :p

He looked good because the Knicks were absolutely devoid of talent. He has a glimmer of scoring talent, which put him above the guys around him.

JNA

Banned
He looked good because the Knicks were absolutely devoid of talent. He has a glimmer of scoring talent, which put him above the guys around him.

Deep down I know but it was still...hope you know?

I mean, couldn't we say the same thing about Harden? Would Harden be the player he is now if the Thunder didn't make the biggest mistake of their lives?

JABEE

From the Super Bowl Thread before it happened
UXfj77U.gif

cdyhybrid

Deep down I know but it was still...hope you know?

I mean, couldn't we say the same thing about Harden? Would Harden be the player he is now if the Thunder didn't make the biggest mistake of their lives?

I mean, he was still pretty damn good/productive even as the third option on that team. Obviously wouldn't put up the same numbers, but I don't think that was a bad fit necessarily.

So is Madden online still laggy as fuck for anyone else? Doesn't matter that I have great internet, I keep getting matched up with the laggiest fucks ever. I threw a pick to a guy who wasn't even on my screen.

Bearing in mind that I don't play randoms so I've only got experience from our online franchise but the only unplayable lag I've encountered is when I play someone in New Zealand but otherwise it's fine, even when I play Bread. Maybe it's different on PS4?

I thought that winning the Bowl would make Gator more warm and amiable but I see it has only made him more aggressive!!

Winning after years of teasing always either results in humbleness or revenge.

If you think this is bad, be glad none of us will be alive to see kas celebrate a ring.

zychi

Banned
Bearing in mind that I don't play randoms so I've only got experience from our online franchise but the only unplayable lag I've encountered is when I play someone in New Zealand but otherwise it's fine, even when I play Bread. Maybe it's different on PS4?

I was playing a random on x1. I don't have issues when I play my irl buddies across the city. Really frustrating that we're still stuck in the stone age when it comes to online game and dedicated servers on consoles.

JABEE

I still can't get over how people are ignoring the cheating. People are saying Brady and Belichick are the best ever.

I feel like a street preacher in rags shouting at people reminding people of the horrors of this world. Reminding them of their vulnerability and flaws. People passing by just want to continue the illusion to avoid any hard questions or rough thoughts!

There is no justice! Cheaters always win!

Colasante

I still can't get over how people are ignoring the cheating. People are saying Brady and Belichick are the best ever.

I feel like a street preacher in rags shouting at people reminding people of the horrors of this world. Reminding them of their vulnerability and flaws. People passing by just want to continue the illusion to avoid any hard questions or rough thoughts!

There's nothing else to say to you at this point other than to wish you well and hope you find the help you need in life.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

You're the street preacher in rags, who claims he was abducted by aliens and Obama is a lizard person.

Did you know the Patriots won the Superbowl?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Evil won last night.

Joe Philbin is coming back for one more season.

I think I'm going to take the 2015 season off. I just won't be able to handle all the non-stop Patriots slurping, it's going to be even worse than usual. And we're going to be mediocre, again.

MechDX

Julian Edelman did not have a full-blown concussion test. That happens only in the locker room.--PFT Twitter

Go to work Jabee

Top Bottom