• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

I hope my fellow Browns fans enjoyed our year of mediocrity, because we're going to go back to being truly godawful next season.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I hope my fellow Browns fans enjoyed our year of mediocrity, because we're going to go back to being truly godawful next season.

We play Seattle, Arizona, St. Louis, San Fran, Denver, Kansas City, San Diego next year to add on to our AFC North battles and bottom feeders in the AFC East and whoever else we play.

Fair to say it's going to be a very sad year unless something in the offense suddenly clicks. And even then.

Kyle Long a fan of Chris Ballard's hair.

Chicago Bears Pro Bowl guard Kyle Long declined Wednesday to indicate a preference among the team’s candidates for the general manager position, but expressed admiration for Kansas City Chiefs player personnel director Chris Ballard’s hair.

“I don’t have a preference, but I saw a picture of the gentleman they were looking for from the Chiefs, who they had in for the general manager position; I think interviewed from what I read on Twitter,” Long said during the "Carmen & Jurko Show" on ESPN 1000. “From one of the pictures, the dude has a great head of hair. I’m talking tremendous flow, would give [quarterback Jay] Cutler a run for his money if he came to town.”

SovtQkf.jpg

Hopefully his great hair isn't his only attribute since he's the current frontrunner for the Bears job.

No way to know 100% but Fewell has been interviewed and asked multiple times throughout the season why he isn't playing the younger guys and his response in so far as Moore amounts to the fact that he can't play the run. Which is amusing considering how ineffective Kiwi was during the season in that regard.

Gotta play who you pay.

I came to grips with this today when I heard the news.

I'm not ready for it, I wanted to not be just alright so bad and have it stick..

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. He has game film, not the TV broadcast.

He's saying that coaches make the decisions from what they see in practice. Practice performance and habits are what dictate who plays on gameday.

Was Greg Cosell at Browns' practices watching all of Manziel's snaps? Doubtful. He's the same as you or I - calling for the next quarterback watching game film on Sunday from his couch. Only difference is that when Manziel bombs out of the league Cosell will just move on to the next one while Manziel's coaches all get fired.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. He has game film, not the TV broadcast.

I have the game film, too. He doesn't coach Manziel. He didn't watch him suck ass in practice. Hoyer may have had a terrible streak, but the coaches and players knew he was the better option. The owner made the call and now the team is hemorrhaging coaches because of his meddling.

MechDX

I have the game film, too. He doesn't coach Manziel. He didn't watch him suck ass in practice. Hoyer may have had a terrible streak, but the coaches and players knew he was the better option. The owner made the call and now the team is hemorrhaging coaches because of his meddling.

I would love if Pettine walked away for the sheer hilarity of who they could get to even interview. After the fiasco of last off season.

He's saying that coaches make the decisions from what they see in practice. Practice performance and habits are what dictate who plays on gameday.

Was Greg Cosell at Browns' practices watching all of Manziel snaps? Doubtful. He's the same as you or I - calling for the next quarterback watching game film on Sunday from his couch. Only difference is that when Manziel bombs out of the league Cosell will just move on to the next one while Manziel's coaches all get fired.

No it doesn't. Productivity on game day does.

Cosell said point blank that Hoyer was unable to make the throws he used to and was not playing like a competent qb. He didn't say Manziel was any good, just that Hoyer stopped being a starting qb and switching was a no brainer.

Then you'd know in detail why Hoyer couldn't be the starter anymore, regardless of who the backup was.

Practice, lol. It was the end of the season.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Complaint around Steelers Nation is that Troy should have been benched in favor of Will Allen. Frankly I agree.

I'm ok with Troy going out on his shield. They did bench Cortez and demoted Cam Thomas and Lance Moore. Troy didn't play because of his pay, it was in the hope that he'd find lightning in a bottle. He couldn't.

brentech

my brother is a steelers fan and was here last weekend since family is spread out and we had a late christmas with my mom.

i know he wanted to see Troy play, but not too long into the game, he knew....oh he knew

I'm not sure what that means, nor do I get how practice is that significant that late in the season, especially considering that Hoyer was unable to run the offense for 4 consecutive games.

Hoyer was unable to run the offense for 4 consecutive games and the coaches still didn't want to put Manziel in. That doesn't say something to you?

(Of course it doesn't because you think only gameday matters.)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Pettine should take the Bill's hc position. Better, but similar, team with slightly less shitty ownership.

I'm not sure what that means, nor do I get how practice is that significant that late in the season, especially considering that Hoyer was unable to run the offense for 4 consecutive games.

Whatever. Keep enabling Haslam. Things will never get better.

Hoyer was unable to run the offense for 4 consecutive games and the coaches still didn't want to put Manziel in. That doesn't say something to you?

(Of course it doesn't because you think only gameday matters.)

That's beside the point. Playing Manziel wasn't ideal, but it was the only option all things considered.

Hoyer and Manziel's practice performance didn't mean shit. They both sucked.

Haslam isn't throwing multiple picks and no touchdowns.

Pettine should take the Bill's hc position. Better, but similar, team with slightly less shitty ownership.

I love fans like him. It's the only thing that makes me happy the Browns are forever doomed. 3rd or 4th different OC in 5 years, over 20 QBs since coming back, and fans like him still don't think it's enough, and then wonder why they have 0 rings to show for it.

Fans said for years that Manziel would either be a big boom or a big bust in the NFL. Thanks for ensuring that the second he was drafted, he never had a chance to be anything but the latter.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Sucks that our teams hurt each others playoff chances, but neither wanted to lose a division game.

Not like the Steelers were going to win anything with that defense and the Bengals are doomed with the ginger rifle. I'll take life's little victories where I can.

Thoughts on Hue Jackson as coach? I liked him in Oakland back in the day.
Hard to say. Too many gadget plays but he did steal good plays from other teams like the "Georgia" run set from Pittsburgh. We also finished the season with our offense in triage mode. Andy regressed significantly under Hue's heavy run offense. But I think he's a great coach overall.

MechDX

Was odd, not first choice hire. Cutting bait quickly good idea. RT @McClain_on_NFL The Texans have fired offensive line coach Paul Dunn.

BOB doing work.

Gobias

Banned
Browns talk can't even bring me down with Ohio State playing Monday. If we lose though I will truly be a defeated person.

just play against me. youll feel like an expert in no time!

I'd still probably find a way to lose by jumping of the edge and missing a down spike.

Wanted Munchak (Pittsburgh). Supposedly had Ferentz from Iowa hired and it fell apart somehow.

Munchak was the number 1 guy sure. I just remember there being a revolving door of o-line guys interviewing in Texas, plus the guy they let go from Kubes staff (who I wanted since I thought Steelers had no chance at Munch. He he.)

MechDX

I think it's because Ferentz's buyout is like 30404040440440404040404 billion dollahs.

Munchak was the number 1 guy sure. I just remember there being a revolving door of o-line guys interviewing in Texas, plus the guy they let go from Kubes staff (who I wanted since I thought Steelers had no chance at Munch. He he.)

Benton. I hoped BOB would keep him.

Ferentz was not about money. He wanted to work with his dad but is friends with O'Brien. It was one of the sons not Kirk

Browns talk can't even bring me down with Ohio State playing Monday. If we lose though I will truly be a defeated person.

I'd still probably find a way to lose by jumping of the edge and missing a down spike.

Pettine and the Browns are more than ok about what happened with Shanahan, and he was only going to be here for a year anyways.

Top Bottom