• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

I got sick of the Texans b/c I thought Gary and Rick should've been fired after the 2009 season. Rick has been awful. I wonder if BoB looks to Pioli?

Scott Pioli? How does that joker have a reputation as a good personnel guy?

That's a tricky one. I think he wants to be a Steeler. I think the Steelers need outside linebackers. But, dammit, he just hasn't come on. He's not the long term solution and he sure isn't worth $9.75M/yr. I'm sure the team offers him a contract, but for how much and will he take it?

I actually think the team would be better served moving on. Bring back Harrison for one more year and draft the next project.

I think it's a money issue. Worilds is Paul Kruger but wants to be paid like Lamarr Woodley. I want him to stay, but not for 10 million.

Tamanon

Banned
Don't know much about Koetter but its shouldn't take much to do a better job then Arroyo did last season. I don't think the move reveals anything about taking Winston or Mariota. Reading up some stuff on Koetter he's been criticized for conservative playcalling in the past but he generally likes a vertical passing game.

I never liked Koetter on the Jags. Just too predictable.

Scott Pioli? How does that joker have a reputation as a good personnel guy?

I think it's a money issue. Worilds is Paul Kruger but wants to be paid like Lamarr Woodley. I want him to stay, but not for 10 million.
I'm not sold on Worilds but he's only 26. I want to believe he can step up.

Is Shamarko ready to assume starting SS when Troy hangs them up?

Gonna be interesting to see where we go in the draft. Rusher, an above average DB or a can't miss NT.

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler asked in a recent column: "Can teams afford to pass on [Florida State redshirt sophomore QB Jameis Winston]?"
"I really hope Winston doesn't go No. 1," an NFC South scout not with the Buccaneers told Brugler. We've written about this idea, and aren't surprised by the scout's quote: Passing on Winston would leave a team's front office in jeopardy of the unemployment line if he turns into the perennial All-Pro that his talent suggests he could. "Simply put, Winston is the most talented player in the 2015 NFL Draft class. But it's the character of the individual determines where he lands on draft day and likely his NFL future," Brugler wrote. "And team interviews will help shape who he is as a person in the minds of NFL evaluators. The numerous off-field incidents have been well-documented, as well as some head-scratching comments to the media. But his on-field talent will make teams turn a blind eye to some of the red flags." Brugler compares Winston's situation to Cam Newton's in the lead-in to the 2011 draft.
King crab

cdyhybrid

King crab

SMH at that racism.

I enjoy a good Scam bashing, but stealing a laptop and taking money under the table isn't really in the same league as raping someone, stealing crab legs, shooting people with BB guns, shouting obscenities on campus, and fixing games.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's time to bring it back...

BROWNS HUBBUB BUB!

tumblr_me0j3gqbl71rr18jao1_500_zps2d881320.gif

LA - theOBR @LaneAdkins
Hackett, DeFilippo and Cavanaugh -- the names most discussed.

For OC.

LJ11

King crab

Crab man dominated in 2013, people seem to forget that. It just reinforces how bad an offseason he had. Lock #1 pick to some questioning whether he should be drafted in the first at all. Played some terrible football for good stretches of games, only to bounce back later in the game/second half. But I do agree, has as much talent at the position than just about anyone not named Luck.

Never liked little Shanny. When they mention Hackett, is it little Hackett? Seems like his name is getting some run, people putting more of the blame on conservative Marrone, than Hackett, but man was he a shit playcaller. I thought Syracuse O did some good things and I loved how they attacked deep, shit ended in Buffalo. Makes you think.

RBH

Oh, you mean the future Sonics!

Keep dreaming.

NBA spokesman Mike Bass told the AJC Wednesday, “The Atlanta Hawks are not moving to another market.”

Reed spokeswoman Anne Torres said the mayor isn’t concerned over the reports, comparing the sale process to a flight that has turbulence but ultimately lands safely.

“When he initially met with the NBA commissioner over selling the team, the commissioner assured him that one of the requirements of the sale would be that the team would stay in Atlanta,” Torres said. “He’s confident that will happen.”
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/several-have-already-expressed-interest-in-buying-/njhj5/

Deadbeat

Banned
Reed spokeswoman Anne Torres said the mayor isn’t concerned over the reports, comparing the sale process to a flight that has turbulence but ultimately lands safely.
I'm now hoping the plane crashes into a building. I like drama.

squicken

I never loved Schotty but I always thought he took too much shit. He was just an average OC saddled with bad talent/luck

Mike Sando, ESPN.com @SandoESPN
Brian Schottenheimer as #NFL OC by QB W-L: Sanchez 27-20, Pennington 11-13, Bradford 10-12, Favre 9-7, Clemens 8-10, Davis 3-5, Hill 3-5.

Mike Sando, ESPN.com @SandoESPN
The list of coordinators who would have done great in STL with 23 games of Bradford, 9 of Clemens, 8 of Davis and 8 of Hill includes:

Hunter S.

salute.jpg

ir
TD the closest he has ever been to the Hall of Fame. I think his episode "Of a Football Life," might really push him up there finally.

effzee

Wish him the best if true!

Would obviously prefer to keep him as DC since the defense has been amazing under him, but ultimately the D is Pete's baby so I'm not gonna panic if he leaves.

If this happens I wonder what happens to Percy.

Latest I heard on the Jets was they will bring in the personnel guy from the Texans for a 2nd interview. He has ties to Charley Casserly who is advising Woody Johnson on the search for both GM & coach.

Who else does he have ties to? Doug Marrone. Seems like this whole thing was orchestrated. Jets probably end up picking a GM to match the coach even if they publicly hire the GM first.

MechDX

If this happens I wonder what happens to Percy.

Latest I heard on the Jets was they will bring in the personnel guy from the Texans for a 2nd interview. He has ties to Charley Casserly who is advising Woody Johnson on the search for both GM & coach.

Who else does he have ties to? Doug Marrone. Seems like this whole thing was orchestrated. Jets probably end up picking a GM to match the coach even if they publicly hire the GM first.

So Mike Maccagnan, from the Texans FO, gets Jets GM job hires Doug Marrone who is long time best friends with Bill O Brien. O'Brien fires his o line coach two days ago and today hires Mike Devlin as Texans new o line coach from the Jets.

Six degrees of NFL separation

effzee

So the trade lost them a pick at 22. I would have guessed they gone OL, so Bitonio or Su'a-Filo could've been theirs.

But the Colts GM won GM of the year. Couldn't be that he landed on the team with the #1 pick and Luck waiting could it?
[
So Mike Maccagnan, from the Texans FO, gets Jets GM job hires Doug Marrone who is long time best friends with Bill O Brien. O'Brien fires his o line coach two days ago and today hires Mike Devlin as Texans new o line coach from the Jets.

Six degrees of NFL separation

And people wonder why they need the Rooney rule.

Bread

Banned
The Trent Truck trade was good for the Colts because they thought Trent would be the piece to put them over the top.

Mifune

Mehmber
Never liked little Shanny. When they mention Hackett, is it little Hackett? Seems like his name is getting some run, people putting more of the blame on conservative Marrone, than Hackett, but man was he a shit playcaller. I thought Syracuse O did some good things and I loved how they attacked deep, shit ended in Buffalo. Makes you think.

Who's your pick for Bills coach? I like Bevell and Hue Jackson.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Trent Truck trade was good for the Colts because they thought Trent would be the piece to put them over the top.

You know how a common sentiment for great power backs is that "they look so slow moving those legs until they hit a gap a blow through everyone."

Well, Trent is the case of a guy looking slow...and then moving even slower.

What's wrong with Hue? He's improved offenses wherever he's gone. Has head coaching experience. He's got a big ego but what head coach doesn't.

He improved the Bungles? I thought Red Rifle regressed under him?

I'm not sure if he's grown or not, but his one year as the Raiders HC, the team quit on him and he threw his players under the bus. Still he's a pretty good offensive mind and maybe could get the Bills offense going, not sure he can do anything with EJ tho.

TheFatOne

You'd want to be on a jury for that case? I sure as shit wouldn't.

I was on jury duty, and the guy was clearly guilty. Still felt like absolute shit after we convened and found him guilty. Don't ever want to be on a jury again. I will never commit a serious crime after being on jury duty. Lady next to me was practically sleeping through the whole thing. I can't imagine the kind of pressure in a case like this.

Mifune

Mehmber
He improved the Bungles? I thought Red Rifle regressed under him?

I'm not sure if he's grown or not, but his one year as the Raiders HC, the team quit on him and he threw his players under the bus. Still he's a pretty good offensive mind and maybe could get the Bills offense going, not sure he can do anything with EJ tho.

Very interesting. I didn't know any of that about his Raiders stint.

Top Bottom