• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Just noticed Mech's avatar.

v7c1kEZ.gif

I wish we could have pulled it together sooner last season and made the playoffs. We beat Seattle in their stadium. It would have been epic.

Does this mean Dallas team is going to fall apart next year with injuries? No one beats us in our stadium and gets away with it. The gods will smite players down upon from the heavens!

Mech is turning things around.

At least he doesn't force me to look at Ashton.

Gobias

Banned
Glad I was able to swoop in on the Majora's Mask bundle when I had that chance. I usually miss shit like that.

Hope the Falcons aren't expecting me to pay the PSL price when I select my seat in March. If so, might be watching from the recliner from now on.

Malalaw

Every Sunday night me and a bunch of friends get together and play Smash Bros and Mario Kart till 2-3 in the morning. How we are still friends after this..I don't know.

RBH

The Atlanta Falcons will seek $45,000 for personal seat licenses from fans who want the best seats in the new stadium under construction downtown, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned.

The Falcons plan to present their PSL pricing plan for the stadium’s club seats to the Georgia World Congress Center Authority board at a special called meeting Thursday. Board approval is required before the Falcons can proceed with sales.

The plan, obtained exclusively by the AJC on Wednesday, calls for the $45,000 fee to apply to each of 1,200 lower-bowl seats near the 50-yard line. Another 6,500 prime seats will carry PSLs ranging from $10,000 to $20,000 each.

The plan being presented Thursday covers roughly 11 percent of the seats in the 71,000-seat stadium. PSLs also will be required for all other seats sold as season tickets, but those prices won’t be set until later in the year. They will be at various price points below $10,000.

A common form of stadium financing around the NFL, but never before used by an Atlanta pro sports franchise, PSLs are one-time fees for the right to buy season tickets in a specific seat for the length of the team’s lease (30 years in the Falcons’ case). PSL owners also are able to transfer or sell the rights to their seats.

The plan the Falcons will present to the GWCCA board Thursday includes these areas of the stadium:

• The seats requiring $45,000 PSLs — representing about 1.5 percent of the building’s total seats — will be located in the lower bowl between the 45-yard lines on both sides of the stadium. These seats will include food and beverage in the Founders Club, billed as the stadium’s most exclusive space, and parking. In addition to the one-time PSL fee, tickets in these sections will be set at $385 per game ($3,850 per season) for the first three years in the stadium.
  • PSLs will cost $20,000 for lower-bowl seats between the 30- and 45-yard lines and $15,000 for lower-bowl seats between the 20- and 30-yard lines. These seats will include access to 30,000-square foot Champions Club lounges located below the seats and to a patio area on the field behind the team benches. Ticket prices in these sections will be $365 and $345 per game in the stadium’s first three years.
  • Higher in the stadium, above the suites level, sections of club seats between the 30-yard lines will carry PSLs costing $10,000 per seat. These seats will have access to a club space called the Piedmont Club. Tickets in these sections will cost $325 per game through the stadium’s first three years.
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-club-seat-psls-10000-to-45000/njhyC/

image.php

Sounds more and more like Sparano will be the Raiders coach, which pisses me off
Is that really bad? with the names floating around in the search, I mean Shurmur and Holmgren have been floated.

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet 15m 15 minutes ago
He impressed RT @ VicTafur: Was told not to sleep on Pat Shurmur for # Raiders head coach job & I have to admit, I was passed out on that idea

Also seems like they found a Qb they like, so some continuality might be nice.

LJ11

Sounds more and more like Sparano will be the Raiders coach, which pisses me off

Look at it as care taker position, and it will anger you less. Just amass talent, develop them, and be ready to contend when you hire someone better in a couple of years.

zychi

Banned
Glad I was able to swoop in on the Majora's Mask bundle when I had that chance. I usually miss shit like that.

The ultimate one Gamestop is selling, do you know if theyll sell the guide separately? i collect all of them, and will be pissed if I have to ebay it.

Given the other candidates, I'm alright with it. He did a good job imo and with his own coordinators I think he'll do even better. And it allows the team a little continuity heading into 2015.

I know the Jags are devoid of talent at pretty much every position but I would just draft a QB every year until it sticks. Bortles is not the answer......

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know the Jags are devoid of talent at pretty much every position but I would just draft a QB every year until it sticks. Bortles is not the answer......

That was the Jags two years ago. Right now they actually have the makings of a decent defense.

Striker

@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Giants requested permission for defensive coordinator interview with Washington DB coach Raheem Morris, per source

Same position, I'd suspect
hope
, since Giunta got canned.

Though I've seen some Giant fans and beat writers bring up Pepper Johnson.

Jarnet87

In preseason he looked like the might be the answer, then he regular season came and he just never really improved IMO. Every game it was just the same Bortles. inaccurate throws and lots of bad mistakes leading to turnovers. That said his offensive line is laughable. Bortles got sacked 71 times, add hits and pressures to that he probably only got to make a clean throw 50 percent of the time lol. that team needs massive upgrades at offensive line. if they can do that and Bortles can improve (needs to improve a lot: decision making, accuracy, pocket presence). they might be a decent team. the defense played admirably at the end and they have some nice young weapons to complement shorts and lewis.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I hate this mentality. Unless there is either an OL and a mid tier defense in place, there's no point in spending big time dollars or a big time draft pick on a reach at QB. The Jags are rounding into shape based on the beat down their defense gave the Giants. The Rams, though their OL has underachieved, is now at a position where a QB would step right in and take them to the next level, ala Kurt Warner showing up in Arizona, or Brees in NO, or Russell Wilson in SEA.

I'm not sure that Winston jumps off the page enough to warrant such a high draft pick. He's not the prospect that RG3 was... and he was dropped into a pretty good on the field situation. Coaching and ownership fucked him up.

Giants requested permission for defensive coordinator interview with Washington DB coach Raheem Morris, per source

hope

That would be really exciting considering how well the Washington DBs played last season...

hope

Is the Rooney Rule in effect for coordinators? I don't believe it is.

Can't say Morris does anything for me but its one name in whats likely to be several by the time this is all done. At least it isn't Haslett.;)

Jarnet87

Winston is a better prospect then RG3, the guy can actually deliver a throw in the pocket. I didn't buy into the Robutto Griffith hype for a second coming out of college. RG3 was a joke, and thats not even in comparison to Andrew Luck. Over on the Misc there is a great thread titled RG3>>>>>Andrew Luck, it gets a glorious bump every couple weeks of the season.

Great breakdown of the Giants defense (this will be somewhat lengthy)

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/1/8/7505605/pro-football-focus-2014-year-in-review-ny-giants-defense

The marquee name here is, of course, Jason Pierre-Paul. He did not disappoint with a score of +16.9 on the season. He finished the year with 12.5 sacks, nine QB hits, and 38 QB hurries for a pass rush productivity ranked 16th among 36 qualifying defensive ends that played 50 percent of their team's snaps. He also managed the sixth-best run stop percentage in the entire league. His 49 stops ranked third among all defensive linemen and edge rushers with only J.J. Watt (61) and Justin Houston (50) having more. He was one of the best balanced linemen in the entire league last season for sure.[/qote]

That belonged to Robert Ayers, who managed a fantastic score of +17.6. That score puts Ayers among the top five of all 4-3 defensive ends in the league (JPP was seventh). Almost all of his grade came on the strength of his pass rush, where his five sacks, 12 QB hits, and 29 hurries in only 249 pass rush snaps put his pass rush productivity at the very top of the NFL rankings.

There's one player that I didn't mention, and that's of course the de facto starter opposite JPP for most of the season, Mathias Kiwanuka. He "paced" the team with a defense worst -18.3 grade. He had two sacks, sits QB hits, and 16 QB hurries for a pass rush productivity ranked 31st out of 36 qualifying DEs who played 50 percent of their team's snaps. He also had the worst run defense grade among all the DEs that played. Yeah, not good.

If you were interested in snaps taken this season (and oh, I know you are):

Jason Pierre-Paul - 981 snaps

Mathis Kiwanuka - 558 snaps

Robert Ayers - 386 snaps

Damontre Moore - 326 snaps

Kerry Wynn - 192 snaps

If you think that my analysis is implying something about improper management of resources at this position, guess what, you're exactly right!

One last bit I wanted to highlight:

The monster here is obviously Johnathan Hankins. His +20.2 grade puts him at the top of the Giants' defensive grades and puts him as the seventh-rated defensive tackle in the league. He had the seventh-most stops against the run with 23 and ranked 14th out of a qualifying 48 defensive tackles in run stop percentage. He was always a good run stopper, but his work in the pass game was even more impressive. He finished the year with eight sacks, six QB hits, and 21 QB pressures for a pass rush productivity ranked fifth among all defensive tackles with 60 percent of their team's snaps.

Big Hank was a beast. More at the link on the secondary, etc.

MechDX

Both Kyle Shanahan and Dowell Loggains have ties to Rams coach Jeff Fisher, who now has an opening for an offensive coordinator.

Would be a good fit.

If management felt necessary to provide input during the game, he probably wasn't doing a good enough job. The Manziel decision was a no-brainer... no team can just endure game after game of Hoyer throwing picks and no touchdowns.

My thing with Kiwi is that a Fewell or a Coughlin thing?
No way to know 100% but Fewell has been interviewed and asked multiple times throughout the season why he isn't playing the younger guys and his response in so far as Moore amounts to the fact that he can't play the run. Which is amusing considering how ineffective Kiwi was during the season in that regard.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I ain't even mad with Shanahan.

I like to remember when we were over .500 this year, I was so happy and drunk in love.

Now I'm just drunk.

Furyous

Dumb. If Manziel can not get the basic as Shit Shanahan offense I doubt he will figure any out. Browns? Stop being so Cleveland

Imagine Johnny having to learn Al Saunders playbook. I think they left over friction with the front office. One side was pushing for Johnny and the other side was against it, allegedly. It's meaningless to push for guy that was outplayed by an undrafted rookie. If that's not trade block or at the very least QB competition material then I don't know what is.

Apparently we finished 23rd in yards gained and 27th in points scored in 2014 so it's not that bad.

MechDX

I ain't even mad with Shanahan.

I like to remember when we were over .500 this year, I was so happy and drunk in love.

Now I'm just drunk.

Time to bust out that SEXY Texans version of your avatar and get on this Mallett train!!

Choo choo bitch!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If management felt necessary to provide input during the game, he probably wasn't doing a good enough job. The Manziel decision was a no-brainer... no team can just endure game after game of Hoyer throwing picks and no touchdowns.

A no brainer for someone sitting on the couch. Not so much for someone who watched him practice everyday. And having the owner call plays is bush Browns league.

Top Bottom