• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

cdyhybrid

You do realize that just like when the Niners effed up the playcalling at the end of Super Bowl XLVII, it ultimately fell on Harbaugh for making such dumb calls, no matter how much everyone hated Greg Roman.

Where's the hate on Pete? He heard the call and said 'yup, let's do it'.

So you wanted Harbaugh gone too even if he fired Roman?

Tom Penny

I like people pretending Lynch is the best back in football. It's like Leveon Bell and Murray didn't exist this year and Charles, Foster, AP and Mccoy and Forte haven't existed the last 5 years.

Greg doesn't talk to strangers.

You do remind of us of this one dude we used to know.

all-by-myself.jpg

LevelNth

Banned
So you wanted Harbaugh gone too even if he fired Roman?
No, it would've been great if he somehow stayed and Roman left, but the problem is they saw eye to eye on it, they agreed on it. So really, how much change would we have got? Was Roman really the problem? Or was it systemic?

For an OC that continually made something out of nothing for that offense, I fail to see why one play call that your HC was also a go on is worth being fired.

And don't think for a second that Bevell is the one who hates Lynch and wants to go away from him. The whole Hawks organization despises Lynch and his antics.

MechDX

Spin? Stay out of that Super Bowl OT. We are finally making some breakthroughs in our relationship and I would hate to see you gone.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Bielema actually ended the season kind of well for Arkansas so he's probably not going anywhere.

He makes way more money as the head coach of an SEC school anyway.

cdyhybrid

No, it would've been great if he somehow stayed and Roman left, but the problem is they saw eye to eye on it, they agreed on it. So really, how much change would we have got? Was Roman really the problem? Or was it systemic?

For an OC that continually made something out of nothing for that offense, I fail to see why one play call that your HC was also a go on is worth being fired.

And don't think for a second that Bevell is the one who hates Lynch and wants to go away from him. The whole Hawks organization despises Lynch and his antics.

Pete's a run-first guy, which makes it even more baffling. Bevell consistently throws it in short-yardage situations, it's fucking maddening.

Bevell didn't make something out of nothing. Our intermediate passing game is practically non-existent, and most of our passing yards come on broken plays when Russell finds someone open after scrambling for 5+ seconds.

Bevell doesn't hate Lynch. He's just a sucker that goes by what the textbook tells him to do instead of using his fucking brain and thinking about the situation for a second.

1st and inches on the goal line with 30 seconds to go to win the game? Well, there's single coverage on the outside, better throw it three times!

If I had to pick one person to be on that arrest list it would be JJ Watt, dudes clearly a pyschopath. We all realize this except for mech.

zychi

Banned
Do I go house Lannister, Stark, Targeryean, Martell, or Amazon version for the s04 Game of Thrones Blu ray?

I already have Tar, Lannister and Amazon version for the other 3 seasons

LevelNth

Banned
Pete's a run-first guy, which makes it even more baffling. Bevell consistently throws it in short-yardage situations, it's fucking maddening.
Is that even really true though? I find that kind of strange, considering how little offensive experience he even has and especially with all the various offensive guys he's worked with in the past.

He always struck me more like classic Shanahan, focusing on explosive, chunk plays.

eznark

Banned
Who brought up Bielema's name? And why?

You'd take Gary Anderson over him?

Absolutely. Though I didn't like Gary Andersen, Bielema is an abysmal coach. He's a hell of a recruiter though.

Andersen was saddled with the shit tier QB's Bielema brought in and did an ok job with the tools he had (even if he did royally fuck Stave).

I'm pumped for Chryst!

Arc

Do I go house Lannister, Stark, Targeryean, Martell, or Amazon version for the s04 Game of Thrones Blu ray?

I already have Tar, Lannister and Amazon version for the other 3 seasons

Martell or Lannister. Season 4 didn't have much Stark and all the Targeryean stuff sucked.

Spinluck

I like people pretending Lynch is the best back in football. It's like Leveon Bell and Murray didn't exist this year and Charles, Foster, AP and Mccoy and Forte haven't existed the last 5 years.

Is he good enough to gain a yard?

The world may never know.

cdyhybrid

Is that even really true though? I find that kind of strange, considering how little offensive experience he even has and especially with all the various offensive guys he's worked with in the past.

He always struck me more like classic Shanahan, focusing on explosive, chunk plays.

Yeah, power running with a play-action passing game. Been like that since USC. They didn't even run play-action on the interception play. Sigh.

Absolutely. Though I didn't like Gary Andersen, Bielema is an abysmal coach. He's a hell of a recruiter though.

Andersen was saddled with the shit tier QB's Bielema brought in and did an ok job with the tools he had (even if he did royally fuck Stave).

I'm pumped for Chryst!

Fair enough.

rando14

10. Jimmy Haslam
9. John Manziel
8. Josh Gordon
7. LeGarrette Blount
6. Isaiah Crowell
5. Trent Richardson
4. Donte Whitner
3. Barkevious Mingo
2. Brandon Merriweather
1. Peyton Manning

Draxal

I'm pumped for Chryst!

I did cuz CD loves his B1G's coaches/players.

Draxal

What's it about? His history of commentating or what not?

Well, all the personalities and stuff.

I know he talks about Howard Cosell (who is the most important announcer of all time); as I heard him tell the anecdote three times in the radio interviews promoting the book.

JNA

Banned

I know he talks about Howard Cosell (who is the most important announcer of all time); as I heard him tell the anecdote three times in the radio interviews promoting the book.

Interesting, cool to know. :D

I don't usually read much about sports personalities except for Phil Jackson's books as far as I recall. Al Michaels though was a good announcer himself so it's cool to see anyway. :)

ShaneB

What's it about? His history of commentating or what not?

Right now it's just about his time as a young kid growing up in Brooklyn and then the move to LA, where his love of sports came from, how he wanted to be a broadcaster, etc.

Lots of focus on Vin Scully as well in these early chapters.

BigAT

Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel
A Hernandez juror has been dismissed for attending more Patriots games than revealed on questionnaire. Hot take: Even fans cheat!

Top Bottom