• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Awww shit. Just over 2 months!

2015-MastersSm.jpg
I'm ready for Tiger
missing cut again :(

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Are we defending or shitting on golf? I'm in the latter camp, along with soccer. I better not see a bad word about baseball though.

I don't think I can sit and watch golf for extended periods, but I do like playing it.

I'm decent at golf but I don't have the mentality to play it very often. I get too mad when I hit a poor shot and it throws me off, and then you're festering on it for the long walk to the next shot.

At least playing basketball, football, tennis, you have a chance to make up for your mistake seconds later

The only problem with sitting around watching golf is that it makes me desperately want to go and play golf, and none of the courses have opened yet.

I wish I went out and played more last year, but I got pretty busy.

I'm decent at golf but I don't have the mentality to play it very often. I get too mad when I hit a poor shot and it throws me off, and then you're festering on it for the long walk to the next shot.

At least playing basketball, football, tennis, you have a chance to make up for your mistake seconds later

I know I'm kinda bad, so i'm just looking for ways to improve and get the fundamentals down when I play.

But that feeling when you hit a great shot tho

BigAT

Baseball is worse than the Pats winning the next 15 super bowls.

"I hate baseball. They really need to get rid anybody trying to play defense, remove the pitcher, put the ball on a tee, make it so competitors never interact with each other in the least, and then force everyone to sit in silence while they watch.

NOW THAT'S SOMETHING I'D BE INTERESTED IN."

"I hate baseball. They really need to get rid anybody trying to play defense, remove the pitcher, put the ball on a tee, make it so competitors never interact with each other in the least, and then force everyone to sit in silence while they watch.

NOW THAT'S SOMETHING I'D BE INTERESTED IN."
I hate watching sports with no direct interaction with an opponent. Bowling comes to mind.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've never played Persona games, I've watched friends play them and this one really tickles my fancy.

What system is it on?

And if you say Vita then RIP in peace me ever playing it.

ShaneB

I definitely miss being out on the golf course :( Something I loved when I lived back home, get off work at 4pm, and I'd be at the golf course at 4:30.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I'm terrible at basketball sober.

I once got dunked on by a drunk dude. He was digustingly good, sober or not. Even came out in that SI "Athletes to Watch" thing they used to do (dunno if its still a thing). Of course, eventually turned out he had a drinking problem and never went anywhere, but that dunk was fucked up. People went crazy.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ey-calls-tom-bradys-super-bowl-rings-tainted/

Charles Haley made it to the Hall of Fame, in part, because of his five Super Bowl rings.

But he said just because Tom Brady has four now, he doesn’t have the same measure of respect for the Patriots quarterback.

Asked by Clark Judge of the Talk of Fame Network to compare Brady to former teammate Joe Montana (who also has four rings), Haley said it wasn’t close, because of #DeflateGate

“Joe didn’t have to cheat,” Haley said. “I’ve lost all respect [for Brady]. When your integrity is challenged in the game of football, to me, all his Super Bowls are tainted. You have to say this just didn’t happen overnight. Who wants that shadow over them? I could be wrong. But I realize there were 12 balls deflated and 12 ain’t. Then you’ve got [Patriots coach Bill] Belichick coming on three different times trying to explain it, . . .You know something is wrong.

“This is what Charles Haley believes — it’s going to come back to haunt him one day. If the league doesn’t come down on this guy, . . . Everybody is talking about it. Nobody believes it was by accident. It is what it is. I’m not going to take any of his Super Bowl rings away from him. But it’s sad that it has to be tainted like it is right now. Hopefully they’ll come out and let us know what really happened. Then all the mystery is gone.”

Jabee is Charles Haley!

Tennis is the best sport to play. You only need one person to play with and there is no team to blame things on. Just you vs. them. Doubles is pretty fun too, though!

I have never played golf but I'd love to try it. I'm sure it's fun to play but I have no desire to watch it.

Konka

Banned
I definitely miss being out on the golf course :( Something I loved when I lived back home, get off work at 4pm, and I'd be at the golf course at 4:30.

I am very much looking forward to the PGA Championship at Whistling Straights this year.

What a beauty of a course!

WhistlingStraits1.jpg

eznark

Banned
I take that back about every sport - I want no part of drunken ice skating

Drunk hockey is pretty amazing. I used to play in a bar league in Milwaukee and it was fucking amazing. Teams had the choice of playing with no goalie or a goalie who agreed to take two shot between every period. We played with two sober goalies the first two weeks and it was pointless.

ShaneB

I am very much looking forward to the PGA Championship at Whistling Straights this year.

WhistlingStraits1.jpg

Every major that's been at Whistling Straights always seems to turn chaotic and reign hell on the leaderboard, so that will definitely be fun. The beauty of any golf event is the beauty of the course as well.

Greg

Tennis is the best sport to play. You only need one person to play with and there is no team to blame things on. Just you vs. them. Doubles is pretty fun too, though!

I have never played golf but I'd love to try it. I'm sure it's fun to play but I have no desire to watch it.
tennis feels the best

but ping pong gets the edge because I'm better at it, and you can play it year-round

Drunk hockey is pretty amazing. I used to play in a bar league in Milwaukee and it was fucking amazing. Teams had the choice of playing with no goalie or a goalie who agreed to take two shot between every period. We played with two sober goalies the first two weeks and it was pointless.
holy shit, hahaha

Patriots7

Agree completely, friend.
Tennis is glorious and it's always pained me that I've never been good at it.

eznark

Banned

WhistlingStraits1.jpg

Hardest course I've ever played by a country fucking mile, and I played it the year it opened when the grasses hadn't even fully developed.

Top Bottom