• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's what was meant by DL.

DL we faced was better than what NE faced.

Subtract Avril and it drops off quickly.

Add to that a hurt Lane, Kam, Dick, and ET3 they are completely mortal and most upper tier teams can beat them.

Most teams match up poorly to Seattle, including the Broncos. Hence why they've dominated the league when healthy. It's nothing specific to the Broncos, Seattle is an elite team capable of beating anyone.

What I'm saying is that the Legion of Boom wasn't really that injured, they still played fine. It was the DL that made the real difference. Manning had no chance last year. If the Broncos in a vacuum had made it past Indy and New England this year it would have been barely able to throw Manning and a quite good ground game, but you'd have to figure they'd go heavy run protect and still win the game comfortably.

Anyways, back to talking about Bledsoe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQFsjlzZQig

That's the Darrell Bevell difference! No one fucks it and chucks it like Russell! Well, except Flacco.

i actually feel bad for wussle. he is a robot of good manners but he is a good dude. he did make a bad throw but he shouldn't have that weight on his shoulders to make that pass there.

people also say height doesn't matter but from the reverse angle on that play it is clearly evident that there is no way wussle could have seen that window or precisely where the ball would go. if he was 4 or 5 inches taller he would. if only krapernick had his shiftiness and touch :(

Godslay

Banned
What I'm saying is that the Legion of Boom wasn't really that injured, they still played fine. It was the DL that made the real difference. Manning had no chance last year. If the Broncos in a vacuum had made it past Indy and New England this year it would have been barely able to throw Manning and a quite good ground game, but you'd have to figure they'd go heavy run protect and still win the game comfortably.

Earl Thomas is out for 6-8 months after surgery. Kam is getting MCL repaired. Sherman is getting TJ, means something when your position involves using hands+arms to defend consistently at CB. Lane had compound fractures in both bones of forearm. Avril out with concussion. They were a busted up unit in that SB, and still played it close enough to almost pull it out.

Last time we played them fully healthy took it to overtime. They were fully healthy too. That's why I am saying that the team NE beat was a shadow of itself even going a couple weeks back.

Truly fortunate to have faced them in that condition.

Now I'm off to bed!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You mean gunslingers like Pro Bowl Offensive MVP Matthew Stafford?

Check the stats.

Andrew Lucks' game against the Patriots in the playoffs was embarrassing. He has an awkward throwing motion, awkward pass main thing he has over Stafford is athleticism and being able to run for a first down.

Gobias

Banned
I just took a peak at the Super Bowl thread and the entire page was just posts by random Pats fans. It was like staring into the Ark.

*pukes*

I'm still not over it. This is bad... my mama text me "why" like 2 days ago and she's watch like 2 football games in her life. Even non football fans are still sadden by Sunday.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still not over it. This is bad... my mama text me "why" like 2 days ago and she's watch like 2 football games in her life. Even non football fans are still sadden by Sunday.

I didn't get over the 2003 extra innings loss in the ALCS for...about a year. Had a shitty year in general back then that didn't help.

After the helmet catch was much easier, couldn't stand to listen to any sports news for about six months though and didn't feel truly happy again about sports for at least three months.

bionic77

You had it your hands you fucking morons and instead you let the cheating cunts off the hook.

You deserve to suffer for this.

#runthedamnball
#youstillhadatimeout!
#cheatingcuntsneverprospoer
#nomoredeadcops

Tom Penny

Can I play the injury game too..Pats should have been in 4 straight SB's but Gronk has been injured and that gimp Talib decided to not want to play in AFC championships and easily would have beat the Giants if Gronk could actually run..

bionic77

it'll be ok, bionic
Packer fans wanted the world to burn.

I can't be like you and accept such things.

Even when the joint bionic/Jabee comission proves that the entire franchise is a bunch of rotten cheating cunts they will still have that *trophy*. What message is that going to send to our kids? I mean even Gata, not the best prospect, has taken his thuggery to another level.

Konka

Banned

Even when the joint bionic/Jabee comission proves that the entire franchise is a bunch of rotten cheating cunts they will still have that *trophy*. What message is that going to send to our kids? I mean even Gata, not the best prospect, has taken his thuggery to another level.

Can't let myself be cheering for another NFC team brah.

Greg

gimp Packers would've wrecked the Pats

that's how I sleep at night

Tom Penny

Maybe the Steelers can stop the Patriots tyranny and get their first playoff win in 5 years instead of turning into the Bengals.

Narcan is cruel.

insta019mlbd3.gif

Godslay

Banned
Can I play the injury game too..Pats should have been in 4 straight SB's but Gronk has been injured and that gimp Talib decided to not want to play in AFC championships and easily would have beat the Giants if Gronk could actually run..

Even with Gronk and Talib last year, it wouldn't have prevented Brady from being too good.

Gata and I have gone over this before. Both teams were equally hurt in the AFCCG. Denver especially so on defense. Brady choked it away, Manning surprising didn't.

There is no denying the reality that this years Seattle team was considerably worse than last year with injuries and DL changes. Not really a matter of hypotheticals like you suggest.

I certainly would have liked to face this year's iteration than last. Would it have changed the game? We'll never know.

I'll wait for the canned 1 and done choker, response you've grown so fond of.

Tom Penny

Even with Gronk and Talib last year, it wouldn't have prevented Brady from being too good.

Gata and I have gone over this before. Both teams were equally hurt in the AFCCG. Denver especially so on defense. Brady choked it away, Manning surprising didn't.

Pats scored the most points in the league last year in the games Gronk played averaging over 33. He'd have no impact. I know it must have been hard to stop elite Edelman and Amendola playing the number 1 and 2 roll and no TE. While Talibless Pats went against Decker, Welker, Demarius and Julius. Certainly comparable..oh and that Mayo guy and Wilfork guy no Tommy Kelly etc..

Godslay

Banned
Pats scored the most points in the league last year in the games Gronk played averaging over 33. He'd have no impact. I know it must have been hard to stop elite Edelman and Amendola playing the number 1 and 2 roll and no TE. While Talibless Pats went against Decker, Welker, Demarius and Julius. Certainly comparable..oh and that Mayo guy and Wilfork guy no Tommy Kelly etc..

So why didn't Brady score more points on the Broncos D that was missing over 50% of it's starters? With role players such as Von Miller and Chris Harris gone?

We could do this all day and in fact Gata and I have.

Fact is both teams were beat up, equally so as King Gata and I have discerned.

rando14

Ez I saw you post in the Front Office Football thread, have you played it before? It looks pretty good from what I can tell

eznark

Banned
Not FoF 7, but I have played them before. They are fine, but I'm spoiled by OOTP so I don't think I could go back to the FoF series. I can wait for BtS this fall.

Top Bottom