• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Colasante

I don't see the Seahawks signing Suh, but I can absolutely see them being Greg Hardy's landing spot on a one year, prove it deal, if he proves too toxic to receive a big contract.

I'm curious to see what 2nd or 3rd option players the Patriots are gonna sign. Bellichek turns them into studs.

They already signed RB Dion Lewis to a futures contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he found a spot on the roster a la Jonas Gray. It'd be cool if Michael Crabtree's value was so low that he'd come to the Patriots, but that's unlikely. I'd be interested in them signing Cecil Shorts or Denarius Moore as well, to add some speed to the receiver position.

TheFatOne

He's a good route runner, Brady would like him, he wants a ring, and he hates the Ravens.

Every time I watch SF he seems so damn slow. Don't want him at all. Would rather the Pats focus on the front seven, and offensive line this off season. That's all this pats team really needs.

bionic77

Learn to play this at Ball So Hard U?
When I am straight up ballin it is usually me teaching the young uns (and occasionally getting dunked on).

My problem is that I don't want to be tied to a desk. I already have a PC for that.
I choose the imac instead of a PC. Windows had gotten good enough that I was seriously considering a beefy PC with a few monitors but once Apple came out with the 5K I found it to be a better solution (for me) than my first option.

Every time I watch SF he seems so damn slow. Don't want him at all. Would rather the Pats focus on the front seven, and offensive line this off season. That's all this pats team really needs.
Yeah people keep talking about wide receivers but I think the Pats have a solid crew at that position.

ampere

I wonder if Revis will take any less than $15M/y

Would be cool to sign him on a 3 or 4 year thing for something reasonable.

Striker

Oakland will try to get one of the top DL I would assume. One of JPP, Suh, or Knighton. I thought it was a strong rumor of Julius Thomas also heading there.

When can they get out of Schoob's deal?

Colasante

Yeah people keep talking about wide receivers but I think the Pats have a solid crew at that position.

It's far from solid. They essentially have Edelman and LaFell. I'd like Amendola to take a pay cut and stay, but as it stands, he's gone. It'd be nice if Dobson, Boyce, or Tyms could develop into meaningful players, but they can't operate with that expectation. They could draft and develop, which hasn't born much fruit, or sign the right veteran to a team-friendly contract.

MRSA

Banned
Oakland will try to get one of the top DL I would assume. One of JPP, Suh, or Knighton. I thought it was a strong rumor of Julius Thomas also heading there.

They'll go for Pot Roast and maybe Orange Julius. JDR is a run oriented guy and Julius can't block worth shit.

Raiders can cut anybody they signed last season for no cap hit.

MechDX

How quickly can they get Kubes on the phone?

Respect

Future Patriot: (Can be reuinited with his LSU alumni buddy Lafell too!)

fan_a_bowe_kh_600x400.jpg

I wish

As if sports talk radio wasn't bad enough, this is the time of year it really blows. Golf, baseball and NBA talk? Christ, I think I'd rather listen to country music.

Patriots7

It's far from solid. They essentially have Edelman and LaFell. I'd like Amendola to take a pay cut and stay, but as it stands, he's gone. It'd be nice if Dobson, Boyce, or Tyms could develop into meaningful players, but they can't operate with that expectation. They could draft and develop, which hasn't born much fruit, or sign the right veteran to a team-friendly contract.
Agreed.
Our receiving corp is average at best. Dobson and Boyce seem to have flamed out in the eyes of the coaches. Tyms hasn't been given the chances to see his potential.

We need help on the defense and offensive lines more, which means we're not going to be able to upgrade our receivers.

Sanjuro

Agreed.
Our receiving corp is average at best. Dobson and Boyce seem to have flamed out in the eyes of the coaches. Tyms hasn't been given the chances to see his potential.

We need help on the defense and offensive lines more, which means we're not going to be able to upgrade our receivers.

I think Dobson is fine, just injury prone. The rest are a bit of a mess.

Colasante

Can't we just start the season now? I want nothing more than to see a healthy Dominique Easley doing fun shit like this, combined with Jamie Collins and Dont'a Hightower blitzing the A gap. Next year will be rad.

ca6d9fa5dd5b6b759b58fb5438f5a8c4.gif

Tom Penny

Its fine. Pretty good is good enough.Healthy gronk is the key. Always has been.

Respect

If the Patriots need a wide receiver who can't catch touchdowns, they already have Dobson and Boyce on the roster.

Anytime you can snatch up a WR1 with zero touchdowns in a year, you gotta do it!!

Haters!!

I'm sure he isn't the same guy he was 4-5 years ago and admittedly didn't watch many chiefs games, but the impression I had was their WR's weren't getting a lot of targets in the red zone. It was mostly the TE's in the middle of the field and handing off and/or checking down to Charles/RBs.

Yeah we can cut any of our FAs with no cap hits, but they'll trade Schoob to the Donkeys for a 4th rounder to become their starter after Pey Pey announces his retirement.

I think they'll target all of the top DL, but Pot Roast the most likely to sign.

They'll also sign Julius if he is serious about wanting to play for us, poor run-blocker or not they need offensive weapons and he can be used a number of ways and become a No.1 target for Carr.

My top target is Rodney Hudson from the Chiefs to replace and upgrade Lil Wiz at center tho.

MechDX

Holy shit. If you got 4 concurrent starting QBs, you might be worse than the Browns QB situation.

Coach speak. Everyone and their mother knows Mallett is the starter when he signs his deal

Keenum will be cut mid TC and Fitzpatrick may make squad as back up if Savage doesn't show enough improvement.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If anyone is still interested, I'm going to write my Steelers postmortem this weekend. Guess we'll see if anyone else will be down and/or still around.

Tabris

Tabris' fandom is logical.

Mixing Pats and Broncos fandom is like some weird genetic experiment that is against nature.

That is gross and sacrilegious. That's like cheering for the Steelers and Ravens, or the Packers and the Bears, or Eagles and Giants, or Seahawks and 49ers.

My fandom is easy to understand. I cheer for both Manning brothers. They are in separate conferences. Only chance of them playing a meaningful game against each other is the eventual Super Manning Bowl (2016?) and that's when I drop the little brother because the big brother deserves it more.

That is gross and sacrilegious. That's like cheering for the Steelers and Ravens, or the Packers and the Bears, or Eagles and Giants, or Seahawks and 49ers.

My fandom is easy to understand. I cheer for both Manning brothers. They are in separate conferences. Only chance of them playing a meaningful game against each other is the eventual Super Manning Bowl (2016?) and that's when I drop the little brother because the big brother deserves it more.
So you are just a common whore.

brentech

Coach speak. Everyone and their mother knows Mallett is the starter when he signs his deal

Keenum will be cut mid TC and Fitzpatrick may make squad as back up if Savage doesn't show enough improvement.

I think something like that is likely, but it's a frighting proposition if one or two pick up an early injury.

Would you presume there is no likely hood to them taking a shot at a guy in the draft? I feel like every team has to find their guy that's good enough to stick buy for 8+ years eventually.

Patriots7

Thinking Mayo is a guaranteed goner? 10 mil cap hit...
Mayo is likely gone.
Honestly, I think Big Vince might be cut too.

I think Dobson is fine, just injury prone. The rest are a bit of a mess.
I want nothing more in the world than for Dobson to pan out. But he was a healthy scratch for a lot of games this year. Maybe with an entire offseason and training camp, he can live up to those expectations

jakncoke

Banned

What are you going to do when they in short time are retired.

Colasante

Mayo is likely gone.
Honestly, I think Big Vince might be cut too.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think both will take the requisite pay cuts to stick around. The Patriots are the only thing they've ever known. I just can't see Wilfork thinking $2 million or so is worth going from defending his Super Bowl title to having a 7-9 season with the Texans. Mayo is Belichick Jr. and he has to be hungry after going out early the past two seasons and seeing what Collins and Hightower have become. I don't think he'll want to leave this linebacker corps and team, especially after seeing what became of Logan Mankins.

It could definitely use improvement but I don't think it's the main focus of this team anymore. I think with LaFell and Edelman plus a kinda solid Amendola we're in "good enough" territory (Amendola definitely needs to take a pay cut though). I would also love to see Dobson actually perform. And lets not ignore that Gronk and Vereen are legit weapons, thogh they aren't wide receivers. I'd love to get a big name free agent or a good rookie, but I'd rather plug some holes on defense and/or get an elite o-line. Fact is this team didn't have too much trouble getting points on the board.

MechDX

Fitzmagic under contract? He's probably good enough to start a lot of places, sad as that is to say.

Signed a 2 year deal, can be cut with no cap hits.

I think something like that is likely, but it's a frighting proposition if one or two pick up an early injury.

Would you presume there is no likely hood to them taking a shot at a guy in the draft? I feel like every team has to find their guy that's good enough to stick buy for 8+ years eventually.

Not really. Seen many reports O'Brien isn't real big on Hundley.
Why draft another project in later rounds? Drafted Savage last year as a project QB and this years class is considered pretty bad. As for the injury issue Texans started 4 different QB's last year and still finished 9-7 with the defense improving greatly as the year progressed. Spin is right if O'Brien can get "his QB" this team can be scary. BOB is a hell of a coach

Ride with Mallett (knows the system, has good talent at skill spots on offense, good relationship with BOB and Godsey) on an incentive laden deal. If he struggles go after Hackenberg next year.

There just is not much out there QB wise available. Texans wont take chances on anyone with questionable rep. Was kind of hoping the Giants would go into full rebuild and Eli would be available but shit doesnt happen.

jakncoke

Banned
Well Peyton has 2-3 years to go (and going out Elway style), and Eli has 6+ years to go. It's going to be scary watching them next year with Beckham and Cruz both healthy.

Thats pretty fucking optimistic lol

Peyton will be 39 during next season and you're assuming Eli plays till he is 40? maybe more?

Top Bottom