• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

kap hasn't mastered the chuck 'n pray like wussle yet. what a master reader of the defense he is!

Somehow when Wussle does it, he rarely gets sacked and often gains huge yardage. Ppl call it lucky but he's been doing it since his rookie year. And Kap is got such a strong arm that he often misses his receivers

Unleash the Kap but Kap will never learn how to throw! Then he wouldn't be a dual threat QB...he'd just be speedy Gonzales.

Respect

%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-BloodBorne-%D0%B2-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%85-%D0%B5%D1%89%D1%91-1410239.gif

Only 46 more days.

Mrbob

I'm not a big fan of the Souls series, because I find the combat too lumbering. Excited to try Bloodborne since the combat is sped up.

bionic77

I think the older I get the less I care about games.

Would rather play a sport or do something with friends/family.

And yet I kind of feel like getting a Wii U to stick in my office (where I will never play it). It's hard to let go!

Respect

I'm not a big fan of the Souls series, because I find the combat too lumbering. Excited to try Bloodborne since the combat is sped up.

True - it did get progressively slower from DeS to DaS II, it does look much quicker than DaS II. Been mostly a media blackout for the game, but I don't think shields are present in Bloodborne, which I think will be an improvement, for both pvp and pve.

The invading/being invaded mechanic of the soul series is still the coolest implementation of MP I have ever seen. Hopefully they use their own servers and it isn't p2p.

Not FoF 7, but I have played them before. They are fine, but I'm spoiled by OOTP so I don't think I could go back to the FoF series. I can wait for BtS this fall.

BtS is the first PC game I have to get. I play iOOTP everyday on my phone, and it's a shell of OOTP. I'd take a mobile BtS though, I know they'll do good work.

I think the older I get the less I care about games.

Would rather play a sport or do something with friends/family.

And yet I kind of feel like getting a Wii U to stick in my office (where I will never play it). It's hard to let go!
I pretty much only play games at night. My daughter goes to bed at 7, wife at 9 or 10, and I am usually up until 12. If not for that I don't think I could get much gaming done these days!

Thank goodness for coffee is all I can say.

brentech

What happened?

Maybe Wilde has always said this, but just said he wasn't sure what would happen with the show in the future; was thanking Aaron for the insight into the games and his life the last 4 years. Isn't sure if the show continues or not.

eznark

Banned
Maybe Wilde has always said this, but just said he wasn't sure what would happen with the show in the future; was thanking Aaron for the insight into the games and his life the last 4 years. Isn't sure if the show continues or not.

Oh. Yeah they've brought it up. Contract is up, they've been negotiating. I'd be a little surprised if it doesn't come back. It's been HUGE for Wilde and ESPN Milwaukee. Linked pretty much every week by Florio. Rodgers probably asking for more cash.

brentech

Oh. Yeah they've brought it up. Contract is up, they've been negotiating. I'd be a little surprised if it doesn't come back. It's been HUGE for Wilde and ESPN Milwaukee. Linked pretty much every week by Florio. Rodgers probably asking for more cash.

Yeah. Listening to the ending again, it sounded like Rodgers likes doing it, so it's hard to say they couldn't make it happen. He said himself, it's a lot better than just a post game presser for the fans and all that.

edit: also, Navi is trash

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, Jerry Rice used Stickum, eh.

Link

Rice admits to “illegal” use of stickum

Posted by Mike Florio on February 6, 2015, 8:28 AM EST

Now that football season officially is over, Patriots fans can spend more time scouring the Internet for links and videos to support the notion, as previously articulated by PFT, that cheating in the NFL extends far beyond New England.

Multiple readers (presumably Patriots fans) have sent in recent days to PFT a link to a video published by ESPN on January 17, 2015 regarding the evolution of gloves. Dated only one day before the dawn of #DeflateGate, the segment contains an admission from Hall of Fame receiver Jerry Rice that he may not have made if discussing the subject after expressing an opinion to Jim Rome that the ball-deflation controversy should place an asterisk on the latest Lombardi Trophy won by the Patriots.

‘I’m going to be point blank, I feel like it’s cheating,” Rice told Rome on January 22. “Because you have an edge up on your opponent and its unfortunate that it happened. I’m not saying the outcome of the game would have been different or anything like that because they got beat 45-7, but they still had an edge.”

In that same interview, Rice added, “I’ve played in cold weather, I know how hard the football is and you can grip the leather [if deflated] just a little bit better.”

When it comes to playing football in any conditions, the challenge becomes not only throwing it but catching it. And in the ESPN segment narrated by Jim Trotter, Rice nonchalantly made a stunning (in hindsight) confession: Rice put stickum on his gloves.

“I know this might be a little illegal, guys, but you put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky,” Rice said, laughing

It wasn’t a little illegal, it was a lot illegal. As explained in the ESPN feature, gloves were introduced to football after the NFL decided to outlaw the stuff that guys like Fred Biletnikoff and Lester Hayes (pictured) would spread copiously on their hands, and elsewhere. Rice admitted in the feature that he enhanced the surface of gloves approved for use in the NFL with a substance that would make it easier to catch the ball.

“I’m going to be point blank, I feel like it’s cheating. Because you have an edge up on your opponent and its unfortunate that it happened.”

With or without the stickum or the gloves, Rice still would have been the greatest receiver of all time. But, as he said regarding the Patriots, he still had an edge.

Don Hutson officially greatest of All Time. They didn't even know how to make Glue back in those days!

zychi

Banned

Link

Don Hutson officially greatest of All Time. They didn't even know how to make Glue back in those days!

Non-issue, the shit they make the gloves out of now is basically stickum

I fall under the same issue with roids, it wasn't hurting anyone, and it doesn't make you any better at the sport, it just makes you heal faster.

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 3m3 minutes ago
Might be out there, but sounds like the #Texans will be switching to field turf for tw upcoming season.

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 3m3 minutes ago
Sounds like it all but a done deal, but the field turf looks more than likely for NRG. #Texans

I blame playing the Pats this upcoming season for this.

Link

Hilarious. So one guy slapping a spray on his gloves is supposed to be equal to a team giving all of its WRs, RBs and its starting QB an edge? When you want to attack the Niners, go after the fact that they cheated the salary cap for years.

BigAT

You know you have the moral highground when your defense against cheating accusations is "WELL OTHERS CHEAT TOO YA KNOW!"

effzee

I really do hope the Skins are fed up with RG3.

Keep shitting on him and maybe Chip can swoop in to get him for a low 3rd or 4th round pick. Use the rest of FA, cap space, and draft to build the D and depth across the board.

Might be our best option at QB going forward since trying to move up for Mariota is a pipe dream. Let him and Foles battle it out for the starter role both on their last year. Either way we end up with a decent backup and hopefully with all other resources on D a much improved D.

On another note I'm worried about Maclin to the Chiefs and Brandon Graham to any number of suitors.

Top Bottom