• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

MechDX

Well Peyton has 2-3 years to go (and going out Elway style), and Eli has 6+ years to go. It's going to be scary watching them next year with Beckham and Cruz both healthy.

Slay will come in here and shoot me down but I am interested to see how Kubiaks and Mannings ego's interact. Kubiak believes in his system and is not known for change. Look at Keenum tape from 2013.

Manning likes to audible and Kubes ZBS only allows two audibles max. Peyton isn't known for rollouts as well.

bionic77

Peyton needs a Terrell.
Pretty sure he needs a new neck.

His body is fucked.

He should honestly think of hanging it up. I don't think he can hold up over an entire NFL season anymore. Then again if he wants to play it out for the cash and suck every December I wouldn't hold it against him. He has earned the right to play a little too long, but its sad seeing a great player fall apart.

Hated seeing it with Kobe. Hate seeing it with Tiger.

Tabris

Slay will come in here and shoot me down but I am interested to see how Kubiaks and Mannings ego's interact. Kubiak believes in his system and is not known for change. Look at Keenum tape from 2013.

Manning likes to audible and Kubes ZBS only allows two audibles max. Peyton isn't known for rollouts as well.

Coaches adjust to Manning, not the other way around. (Well except for that Jim Caldwell who doesn't know when not to call fucking timeouts in playoff games) Kubiak will focus on the D and the run game. Which I'm excited about.

His body is fucked.

He was on fire for half the season. Held lead in touchdowns again. It was a torn quad, not the neck, that fucked him over the last couple of games and playoffs.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

That's exactly right. It'll be an interesting clash of egos.

Sanjuro

His body is fucked.

He should honestly think of hanging it up. I don't think he can hold up over an entire NFL season anymore. Then again if he wants to play it out for the cash and suck every December I wouldn't hold it against him. He has earned the right to play a little too long, but its sad seeing a great player fall apart.

Hated seeing it with Kobe. Hate seeing it with Tiger.

Yeah, I'm just talking beyond that. I like Peyton and I'm well aware the running back position is largely dead. I do think for him to be successful they need that offensive combo, because the Broncos certainly aren't going to morph into a worldbeater defensively for the next campaign.

Tabris

Yeah, I'm just talking beyond that. I like Peyton and I'm well aware the running back position is largely dead. I do think for him to be successful they need that offensive combo, because the Broncos certainly aren't going to morph into a worldbeater defensively for the next campaign.

They have the components to morph into a defensive juggernaut. They showed flashes of it last season. So we'll see what Kubiak and Wade Phillips do. It could be magical.

ampere

I think Manning's win one and retire style exit opportunity was last year's SB... odds are not in his favor given his age.

Colasante

I don't think that's impossible. Wade Phillips is a much, much better defensive coordinator than Jack del Rio, in my opinion. They have all the pieces to be the NFL's #1 defense next season.

Well Peyton has 2-3 years to go (and going out Elway style), and Eli has 6+ years to go. It's going to be scary watching them next year with Beckham and Cruz both healthy.
I give Eli 3-4 more years at most (with the Giants I mean). The Giants will likely extend him 3 years until he's 37 and then reassess. Archie came out recently and said that Eli would likely retire before playing anywhere else in his estimation.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/1/3...e-eli-would-retire-rather-than-play-elsewhere

"Peyton's enjoyed his three years with the Broncos but he always envisioned himself playing for one team. So I'm glad when he did have to change, he made a good choice," Archie said Thursday on Radio Row after flipping pizzas with Joe Montana. "But Eli, I think if the Giants traded Eli, he would retire. He loves his team. He loves the New York Giants."

Curious to see if that holds true when the day does come that the Giants move on from him.

Sanjuro

I don't think that's impossible. Wade Phillips is a much, much better defensive coordinator than Jack del Rio, in my opinion. They have all the pieces to be the NFL's #1 defense next season.

Maybe. You'll never hear me say Wade Phillips is better than anyone. Unless they make some headline trades/signings, I can't see that happening. Maybe top seven for the AFC would be their benchmark.

bionic77

Coaches adjust to Manning, not the other way around. (Well except for that Jim Caldwell who doesn't know when not to call fucking timeouts in playoff games) Kubiak will focus on the D and the run game. Which I'm excited about.

He was on fire for half the season. Held lead in touchdowns again. It was a torn quad, not the neck, that fucked him over the last couple of games and playoffs.
Lesson no.1 in NFL GAF: The Pats are cheating cunts
Lesson no. 2 in NFL GAF: You can never believe the injury reports in the NFL. They are as believable as a Patriots fan alibi after their team gets caught cheating.

I am playing amateur doctor but there seemed to be something wrong with his arm last year. I am sure his leg was fucked up too, but that was not enough to explain how shitty he looked throwing the ball. There was zero zip or rotation on it.

If Peyton is going to be throwing flutter balls from now on they better design a legit dink and dunk offense around him (see the Pats for inspiration).

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
It's a random toss-up between teams. I'm going with Jets and Phins to be the better of the bunch.

geno-smith-fumbles-against-titans.gif

#anyonebutgeno

MechDX

I pass on advice given to me by Bills fans here in 2011: his dfenese will be great next year. Ok the year after that then the bottom will start to fall out.

Wades defense summed up in one comment: What is a zone?

I feel bad for the Bills. They have a decent season and now they're gonna suck because they now have a complete fucking hack as their coach.

Colasante

I feel bad for the Bills. They have a decent season and now they're gonna suck because they now have a complete fucking hack as their coach.

Mark Sanchez is going to lead the Bills to a 6-10 record and Buffalo fans will still rejoice because Rex Ryan will have made them relevant on the national level again.

Draxal

I give Eli 3-4 more years at most (with the Giants I mean). The Giants will likely extend him 3 years until he's 37 and then reassess. Archie came out recently and said that Eli would likely retire before playing anywhere else in his estimation.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/1/3...e-eli-would-retire-rather-than-play-elsewhere

Curious to see if that holds true when the day does come that the Giants move on from him.

Giants will retain him for too long (and this is coming from the biggest Eli homer there is on this board); it's in their dna to reward players/coaches for that long.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
and fox will make 25 posts a thread shouting at rex greatness and he wants him back

Most Jets fan wanted him back I think. For me it was about stability at HC rather than having another do-over and hoping for the best. Rex definitely had his faults though, for sure.

Bowser

Best of luck to you Norton ;_;

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1237977458_thumbsup-terminator.gif[IMG]

Meanwhile Seattle's defense next year is gonna be run by a broom with a bucket on the end[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--J5tGPuB6--/198af2kcuq5fwgif.gif

HC Pete Carroll
DC Kingpin walking stick

Top Bottom