• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
"I wanted to see Captain America..."

8OWajYL.jpg

Vic Tafur @VicTafur · 51m 51 minutes ago

Norton was very impressed with how Del Rio laid out the plan for him on Monday, said Del Rio will groom him and Norton will make the calls

Brock Huard @BrockESPN · 43m 43 minutes ago

If you've been to a Seahawks practice you know in losing Ken Norton to OAK the Hawks have lost their loudest, proudest & most intense coach
0 replies 166 retweets 146 favorites

Good stuff. Glad that Norton will be making the play-calls.

So did anyone pick up Dying Light? Curious if its worth looking at or not.

I'm done with Donkey Kong. Going to finish up Grim Fandango and then the option is to play Far Cry 4 or something else and I just have almost zero interest in playing Far Cry 4. Thinking I'll sell it off.

Godslay

Banned
Slay will come in here and shoot me down but I am interested to see how Kubiaks and Mannings ego's interact. Kubiak believes in his system and is not known for change. Look at Keenum tape from 2013.

Manning likes to audible and Kubes ZBS only allows two audibles max. Peyton isn't known for rollouts as well.

Kubiak said that he would love to design a playbook around Peyton.

With that being said, trust is a large portion of allowing a QB to run the offense. Would you trust Keenum to audible and run your offense? Same with Schaub? Maybe after a few years, or gradually with progress.

If Peyton comes back, I don't see any issue with Kubes entrusting Peyton with running their offense.

Point being no matter how stubborn Kubiak is, there is a gulf between the capabilities of running the offense between anyone who has been a Texan QB and Peyton. No offense, but that's just the way it is.

As far as bootlegs and rollouts etc, I'm assuming that those will play less of a roll in the offense. Between the two of them, they can come up with something sufficient to score points.

Also, I know that you base everything off of the past. That's fine, and those who don't listen to the past are doomed to repeat it. There is also a counterpoint of new beginnings and second chances. Carroll and Belichick being shining examples of those. As a fan, I am leaning towards being an optimist. Whether or not it works out that way is something I cannot predict. But I'm hopeful!

Yeah, I'm just talking beyond that. I like Peyton and I'm well aware the running back position is largely dead. I do think for him to be successful they need that offensive combo, because the Broncos certainly aren't going to morph into a worldbeater defensively for the next campaign.

Peyton was on track to have an excellent year. Injury put that on hold. I knew it when I saw it. Called it out as he was a dead horse and was injured, then it came to light that he was hiding the severity of the injury. If he comes back healthy, he'll have another good year. Especially if the ZBS is effective, and the line is restored.

As far as the defense the pieces are there. Wade just has to put them together.

Denver was already Top 10 in several categories defensively. With Del Rio doing some jank shit like dropping defensive tackles into coverage, not adjusting matchups to fit the team, and blitzing at the lowest rate in the league.

We're already Top 7 in the AFC by the numbers.

We will be transitioning to a 3-4, from a 4-3 hybrid. Realistically, that 3-4 will be a hybrid as well, but the 3-4 likely fits our existing personnel better than a 4-3 does. If the LBs return healthy, we'll have a good defense. It will be nice to have DWare and Miller in those roles in a 3-4, as it's a better fit for them.

Everything could very well go wrong, and we could have the same motivation problems we had last year. Nobody knows at this point, and all we can do is look at the talent and see how it fits together.

Now I have to finish some shit for the weekend at work!

jakncoke

Banned
It still hurts. What could've been.

Still nothing. This what happens when you pencil in a SB win. Never count your chickens before they hatched

Are you a Lions fan, but lost an avatar bet? Those bets can be confusing, used to think Gata was a brony Jags fan, not hating though lol

She is breh, just trying to wonder what it'd feel like if Jags ever win. She'll go back to Jags horsey soon enough

Respect

You see that, Solder haters?! Nate Solder is immortal!

Prove me wrong Nate. If he carries this playoff run and turns it into a full season + playoffs, man will make bank...with someone else. #contractyear

Kubiak said that he would love to design a playbook around Peyton....snip.....

Will certainly be interesting to see unfold, the emergence of CJ Anderson was impressive late in the season, he'll only get better under Kubiak. He seemed to be the only guy who was doing anything in the Colts game. Too much talent on the defense for them not to be top 10 caliber. If Peyton stays north of 80% for the season, they'll be fine.

brentech

So did anyone pick up Dying Light? Curious if its worth looking at or not.

I'm done with Donkey Kong. Going to finish up Grim Fandango and then the option is to play Far Cry 4 or something else and I just have almost zero interest in playing Far Cry 4. Thinking I'll sell it off.
I've only played the first hour or two, but there is something about it that makes me think about FC a lot. So much that I decided to just finish it and that's what I've been playing.

I got Dying Light like a cheapo when you could nab it for 20 bucks.
So far I've just run around, collected items by finding toolboxes, killed some zombies with about 4 or 5 hits each. Technically done with the prologue, but feel like I'm still in it and learning wtf is going on and why I'm doing it.

There is some mirror edge feel to it, as the game teaches you how to run/jump/climb with an early tutorial that makes me believe it will be used more than I've experienced so far out in the world on my own. So far it seems really limited to keep up a long run/chain of parkour.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Are you a Lions fan, but lost an avatar bet? Those bets can be confusing, used to think Gata was a brony Jags fan, not hating though lol

I bet wienke that the Lions would go 2-0 against the Packers this year and am banished with this horrible avatar for the whole offseason.

Top Bottom