• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

MechDX

Texans Resign:

Mallett QB- he will resign. His best opportunity. That Browns/Jets talk is his agent trying to get every cent
Derek Newton RT-showed major improvement
Kendrick lewis FS- Excelled in Rac's D

Texans lose:

Kareem Jackson CB- someone is going to MAJORLY overpay. Good CB's are not common on the FA market. Hurts to lose but he will get paid
Brooks Reed OLB- Great holding the edge, terrible pass rusher

Texans potential cuts:

Chris Myers C: Ben jones can step in immediately. Myers is a ZBS center, gets manhandled by bigger NT's
Johnathan Joseph CB: only cut if Kareem not resigned
Andre Johnson WR: that damn elephant in the room.

Rest are just roster filler, meh either way.

Glad Rex is signing Incognito. Bills to take a shit in the AFCE's collective mouth

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions Resign

Ndamakong Suh

After that I could care less, everything else will fall into place. Cut Reggie Bush and just add more depth through the draft. One offensive/defensive lineman in the first three rounds and with the other two picks add get the best offensive skill position players available (WR, RB no TE).

Godslay

Banned
Texans potential cuts:

Chris Myers C: Ben jones can step in immediately. Myers is a ZBS center, gets manhandled by bigger NT's

Knew this was rumored. A little older, but would be a good pickup. Would fit scheme of course. Area of need etc. Seems like a no brainer.

MechDX

Knew this was rumored. A little older, but would be a good pickup. Would fit scheme of course. Area of need etc. Seems like a no brainer.

Other option was trade him to Denver. heh

I could see them asking him to rework his deal as well. Save more on cap by releasing/trading him.

JABEE

From Earlier in the Week

Eagles Off Season Wishes:
Draft
3diT6UQ.jpg
Sign
Restructure
Resign
Let Go

What does Eagles-GAF think?

MechDX

He stayed with Houston last time, so maybe they could work something out. He's on the radar though.

Green Bay made a run at him, Texans matched in the last minute. One of Kubes "guys"

Mentioned the other day Houston would have like 16 free agents going into the 2016 season and Ill be damned its true:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/houston-texans
Also serious savings then by cutting Dre, Foster and Brown and leverage to redo their contracts this year

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
lol waking up 6 am day off. at least i have coffee

Welcome to adulthood! It doesn't get better.

In my friend groups, parties on Fridays and Saturdays end at like 11 or midnight because fuck it's late and it's time for bed.

Sucks being an old!

jakncoke

Banned

In my friend groups, parties on Fridays and Saturdays end at like 11 or midnight because fuck it's late and it's time for bed.

Sucks being an old!

Mostly because my body is scheduled to get up at 3 am 5 days of the week for work . But yes it does suck

Konka

Banned

Sucks being an old!

I went back to school and now wake up at 11 every day. Stay in academia forever is the key.

Godslay

Banned
BG's Bday went to the postseason. It's a sign. Prosperity in Cleveland is coming. Happy belated birthday.

So just found out that Suh's contract became void yesterday? Carries a $9.7 million dead money cap hit? Is this true?

Seems to be from what I can find. Just didn't know if I missed some bit of news.

Would be happy for Denver to keep Knighton but they can let Julius leave, seems a bit soft and that guy doesn't seem interested in blocking much. Should probably let Welker go, he should retire because of concussion issues. I think it's a no brainer they keep DT. I love it that we still have plenty of cap, though sadly it's gonna be eaten up in a hurry.

Fox318

Over the cap podcast suggests that the Jets have so much cap room it actually hurts them with negotiations because they need to spend it because Idzik was so cheap over 2 years.

Agents can just tell the Jets a higher number for even their worst clients and the jets pretty much have to comply.

Idzik should never have a job in football again.

He made Isiah Thomas look like a good gm.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Sucks being an old!

Hahah Yup! Kids have conditioned me to be up @ 7am every day, even weekends, and in bed by about 11.

Every now and then I will go chill with friends, drink my face off and then stumble home---like pre-parenthood levels drunk--but those days are getting fewer and farther between.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Over the cap podcast suggests that the Jets have so much cap room it actually hurts them with negotiations because they need to spend it because Idzik was so cheap over 2 years.

Agents can just tell the Jets a higher number for even their worst clients and the jets pretty much have to comply.

What in the fuck. Hope Idzik never finds gainful employment ever again.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

That makes no sense.

They can go sign a couple marquee guys to start off FA and then they'll have the same amount of cap space as everybody else. More cap space is not somehow a bad thing.

bring back revis

Fox318

That makes no sense.

They can go sign a couple marquee guys to start off FA and then they'll have the same amount of cap space as everybody else. More cap space is not somehow a bad thing.

Its not the cap space its the fact that they spent so little over time. CBA states that over a 3 year period you must spend 89% of your cap space.

They can't work to lower Harvin's deal to one he might get at another team for example because they are being forced to spend money by the CBA.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Its not the cap space its the fact that they spent so little over time. CBA states that over a 3 year period you must spend 89% of your cap space.

They can't work to lower Harvin's deal to one he might get at another team for example because they are being forced to spend money by the CBA.

They can get him to lower because he sucks and isn't going to get half that much on the open market.

Top Bottom