• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pats were one play going a different way from winning/losing the last three Superbowls they were in. Their offense was more than good enough to win in 07 and Giants were just weak enough in 11.

cdyhybrid

Look at Brady's stats before Moss and after Moss:

Before
4BDrcNP.png

Key for reference

kmL2mVs.png

After
zHTx6Fg.png

Obviously discounting the season where he got injured.

Night and day, and those stats pre-Moss weren't anything special.

cdyhybrid

His receivers pre-Moss and Welker were Jags-tier, do you not understand this? Of course his stats are better when he has better receivers.

I'm aware. I'm just saying let's not pretend that Brady's supporting cast for the prime of his career was somehow worse than Peyton's, because it's just false.

He had a top 2 receiver ever.

Godslay

Banned
poor slay

I don't need any pity from you.

We've gone over and through this time and time again.

I stand by my assertion that Manning is a better QB, while Brady is more winning.

I've made my case both statistically and in terms of who they've played for and with.

That's all I can do. But please continue to move the target around and continue on your head patting crusade.

Bread

Banned
I'm aware. I'm just saying let's not pretend that Brady's supporting cast for the prime of his career was somehow worse than Peyton's, because it's just false.

He had a top 2 receiver ever.
He had Moss for 2 seasons towards the end of his prime...

Peyton had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne the entire time he played in Indy, and then a ridiculous supporting cast in Denver.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Peyton had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne the entire time he played in Indy, and then a ridiculous supporting cast in Denver.

It kinda evens out. Peyton had better for longer but nothing matches Prime Welker and the greatest receiver who ever played final years as a productive player. Manning then again caught fire when he inherited the Tim Tebow Broncos.

Godslay

Banned

You realize that Moss' best season was in NE? The other two were in line with the rest of his career.

I'd say you got a prime Moss, whether or not you want to accept it.

cdyhybrid

Peyton had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne the entire time he has played.

He had more than Moss. Corey Dillon? Welker? Maroney/Law Firm/Faulk? Hernandez/Gronk? Woodhead? Edelman?

Brady and Manning both had equally stacked teams around them.

Bread

Banned
You realize that Moss' best season was in NE? The other two were in line with the rest of his career.

I'd say you got a prime Moss, whether or not you want to accept it.
I never said we didn't? Towards the end of his prime =/= towards the end of his career

Plus, Moss never had anyone throwing to him like Brady so clearly he would have his best season there.

Bread

Banned
He had more than Moss. Corey Dillon? Welker? Maroney/Law Firm/Faulk? Hernandez/Gronk? Woodhead? Edelman?

Brady and Manning both had equally stacked teams around them.
it is absolutely hilarious seeing this argument being thrown back against Brady after years of agreement that Peyton had more weapons his entire career.

cdy you're something else

like, you just listed lawrence maroney as a weapon bro

cdyhybrid

it is absolutely hilarious seeing this argument being thrown back against Brady after years of agreement that Peyton had more weapons his entire career.

cdy you're something else

like, you just listed lawrence maroney as a weapon bro

Yeah, because Peyton has had absolute stud, workhorse backs outside of Edgerrin James, guys like Joe Addai and Donald Brown. Come on, man.

Years of agreement? From who? That argument went out the window as soon as Brady got Moss.

Godslay

Banned
I never said we didn't? Towards the end of his prime =/= towards the end of his career

Plus, Moss never had anyone throwing to him like Brady so clearly he would have his best season there.

Towards the end of his prime alludes to a reduction in production.

His best year in Minneapolis with Culpepper resulted in more yards but 6 less TDs than the best year with Brady. To say that stat level is attributed all to Brady is naive at best.

Additionally if you want to see the difference a QB really makes look at Harrison before and after Manning.

800-900 yd guy, transformed into ~1400 yd guy double digit TDs.

Bread

Banned
Yeah, because Peyton has had absolute stud, workhorse backs outside of Edgerrin James, guys like Joe Addai and Donald Brown. Come on, man.

Years of agreement? From who? That argument went out the window as soon as Brady got Moss.
Just keep ignoring the fact that you just put Lawrence Maroney in a list of offensive weapons.

You don't know shit, stop arguing for the sake of arguing.

Towards the end of his prime alludes to a reduction in production.

His best year in Minneapolis with Culpepper resulted in more yards but 6 less TDs than the best year with Brady. To say that stat level is attributed all to Brady is naive at best.
It alludes to a reduction in athleticism, actually. He was absolutely prime Moss in 07, but he was clearly not the same guy in 09. Plus he was mentally checked out within the year.

cdyhybrid

Just keep ignoring the fact that you just put Lawrence Maroney in a list of offensive weapons.

You don't know shit, stop arguing for the sake of arguing.

And you'd put Addai and Brown in a list of weapons? I assume not, but that's exactly what I'm saying. Both Brady and Peyton have had middling running backs and great receiver corps in their primes.

You need to chill out with all the personal attacks. Sorry for discussing football in a football thread.

Godslay

Banned
Hey where were you during the playoff game godslay? Needed your good karma.

Banned.

It's better this way. I told you it was all over after the Cincy game. Hopefully Kubes will be the piece we need.

It alludes to a reduction in athleticism, actually. He was absolutely prime Moss in 07, but he was clearly not the same guy in 09. Plus he was mentally checked out within the year.

Like I said before his stats are inline with the rest of his career even in the last year. After NE, he stopped caring no doubt.

Just once I want to talk about football somewhere that doesn't devolve into a Manning/Brady argument and eventually segues into a Luck/Wilson argument.

Everywhere this crap is happening and it's just annoying as hell.

Godslay

Banned
So, who has had better receivers?

I've been waiting for Kas to jump in and preach about Stafford, and his merry band of recievers.

Did you know that Stafford had a better statistical year than Brady? It's true.

Just once I want to talk about football somewhere that doesn't devolve into a Manning/Brady argument and eventually segues into a Luck/Wilson argument.

Who's your team?

Let's discuss Trent Truck versus Jamarcus.

cdyhybrid

There isn't really any Luck/Wilson argument if you actually watch football.

jakncoke

Banned

This when you pull the jakncoke special

HEY GUYS YOU KNOW ERIK KRAMER THROUGH 29 TDS IN 1995

It distracts the inbreds from what they were fighting for with their sisters

Top Bottom