• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Anyone getting that new 3ds this week? Never owned a orignal 3ds, and barely had a ds. That fantasy life game looks kinda cool, anyone actively playing?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Anyone getting that new 3ds this week? Never owned a orignal 3ds, and barely had a ds. That fantasy life game looks kinda cool, anyone actively playing?

Yes and yes.

Decided to get one after all because that $100 trade in deal at GameStop is too good.

Fantasy Life is fantastic if you like a meaty game with variety that has an inane and awful plot.

MRSA

Banned

I have a N3DS on preorder, trading in my old 3DS XL for $100 at Gamestop. Don't know why I'm doing it other than to say I have something snes doesn't have. Well he doesn't have very many things, but he cannot afford a N3DS.

NFL.com's top 25 FAs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000468197/article/ndamukong-suh-leads-top-25-free-agents-for-2015

1. Ndamukong Suh, defensive tackle, Detroit Lions
2. Justin Houston, pass rusher, Kansas City
3. Dez Bryant, wide receiver, Dallas Cowboys
4. Demaryius Thomas, wide receiver, Denver Broncos
5. Jason Pierre-Paul, defensive end, New York Giants
6. Julius Thomas, tight end, Denver Broncos
7. Mike Iupati, guard, San Francisco 49ers
8. Randall Cobb, wide receiver, Green Bay Packers
9. Devin McCourty, safety, New England Patriots
10. DeMarco Murray, running back, Dallas Cowboys
11. Jerry Hughes, pass rusher, Buffalo Bills
12. Jason Worilds, pass rusher, Pittsburgh Steelers
13. Jared Odrick, defensive tackle, Miami Dolphins
14. Pernell McPhee, pass rusher, Baltimore Ravens
15. Terrance Knighton, defensive tackle, Denver Broncos
16. Jeremy Maclin, wide receiver, Philadelphia Eagles
17. Brandon Graham, pass rusher, Philadelphia Eagles
18. Torrey Smith, wide receiver, Baltimore Ravens
19. Greg Hardy, pass rusher, Carolina Panthers
20. Byron Maxwell, cornerback, Seattle Seahawks
21. C.J. Spiller, running back, Buffalo Bills
22. Nick Fairley, defensive tackle, Detroit Lions
23. Brandon Flowers, cornerback, San Diego Chargers
24. Brian Orakpo, pass rusher, Washington Redskins
25. Jordan Cameron, tight end, Cleveland Browns

As a Skins fan, I guess I wouldn't mind like a Suh or Fairly but we need offensive linemen even more. We need a lot of things, though.

Godslay

Banned
What's the deal with Mike Iupati? Are they going to tag him?

McCourty looks like a good snag for someone too. Especially if Moore walks.

Tom Penny

According to that list somebody is going to overpay Julius Thomas big time and I bet it won't be Denver. They know who the real Thomas is.

Godslay

Banned
According to that list somebody is going to overpay Julius Thomas big time and I bet it won't be Denver. They know who the real Thomas is.

They offered him $7-8 million/per if the rumors are correct. I guess he wants Graham money, somewhere in the ballpark of $10 million/per. Will someone pay that? Probably the Raiders, plus it's his hometown so maybe he'll take a bit less.

Why is Revis not up there? ^

He's under contract until March 9th. If NE takes the option he gets $25 million. 12.5 in roster bonus, 7.5 base, and 5 signing. $25 million cap hit. $5 million cap hit if they don't pick up the option and don't work out a deal.

Basically, they have exclusive rights for a deal with him until the 9th. After that he is a FA, and NE eats $5 million.

Jordan Cameron can't stay healthy, he might of said he won't resign with cleveland but it dosent matter. Never expected him back. He managed to stay healthy one season with us, that was the pro bowl one. His concussion problem is a issue, one more and his career is in legit question, personally wasn't even sure he'd play again after his concussion this season.

nope. there is next to no chance we will tag iupati. first off, while he is a great (maybe even elite) run blocker, he is a below average pass blocker. secondly, he has a bit of an injury history (broke his leg/ankle in the last NFC title game). finally, we have brandon thomas waiting. he was a potential first round talent out of clemson that we took in the 3rd after he blew out his knee. i think all things considered the niners are assuming we can get close to iupati's production. he's just not worth the $8 mil/yr that his agent is likely going to look for.

not trying to talk trash on him just because he is leaving. i wish we could keep him but the reality is that for a team with our cap situation (which we don't have much room as it is) it's just not feasible to pay him like that

Colasante

McCourty won't hit free agency. He'll be franchise tagged.

I'm curious about Iupati as well. I don't think the Patriots will dabble in the top tier of free agency, but if they did, I think they'd target Iupati above anyone else. Not sure how Tomsula's promotion affects Iupati's chances of resigning there, though. Worth noting that the Bills had the worst guard play in the league last season and Greg Roman will be going over there from San Francisco, so that's a possible landing spot, and former 49er Scot McCloughan is the GM of the Redskins now, so that'd make sense too.

Godslay

Banned
nope. there is next to no chance we will tag iupati. first off, while he is a great (maybe even elite) run blocker, he is a below average pass blocker. secondly, he has a bit of an injury history (broke his leg/ankle in the last NFC title game). finally, we have brandon thomas waiting. he was a potential first round talent out of clemson that we took in the 3rd after he blew out his knee. i think all things considered the niners are assuming we can get close to iupati's production. he's just not worth the $8 mil/yr that his agent is likely going to look for.

not trying to talk trash on him just because he is leaving. i wish we could keep him but the reality is that for a team with our cap situation (which we don't have much room as it is) it's just not feasible to pay him like that

Just saw some rumors that some wanted him tagged. Wasn't sure if there was something behind it. His name was tossed out as a replacement for Franklin, but I think we can keep Franklin for less than $8 million/per.

I understand that analysis when someone is leaving. Feel the same way with Orange Julius.

MechDX

Restructure Dre
Trade Myers to Denver
Release Johnathan Joseph

Sign Kareem Jackson, Brian Orakpo and Jeremy Maclin

There Rick Smith I've done your job.

Colasante

I feel like it's almost certain that Seattle will sign one of Jordan Cameron or Julius Thomas, after going so aggressively for them in potential Percy Harvin trades earlier this season. Some thought that the offers were less serious attempts at trades and more Seattle tipping their interest to get on their radars before free agency. Maybe Luke Willson's emergence makes them feel like tight end is less of a necessity, but I doubt it.

Sanjuro

I feel like it's almost certain that Seattle will sign one of Jordan Cameron or Julius Thomas, after going so aggressively for them in potential Percy Harvin trades earlier this season. Some thought that the offers were less serious attempts at trades and more Seattle tipping their interest to get on their radars before free agency. Maybe Luke Willson's emergence makes them feel like tight end is less of a necessity, but I doubt it.

They need something. Russell looked awfully alone out there.

Just saw some rumors that some wanted him tagged. Wasn't sure if there was something behind it. His name was tossed out as a replacement for Franklin, but I think we can keep Franklin for less than $8 million/per.

I understand that analysis when someone is leaving. Feel the same way with Orange Julius.

i'm just coming up with the $8 mil/yr based on what Levitre got with the titans. i have a feeling iupati and his agent consider him above levitre and if levitre got around $8 mil (it was a tick less) then he should get $8 mil or over.

now maybe he won't get that or maybe his asking price will have dropped but he did make the probowl this year so i think they are going to be looking for a good contract.

Tom Penny

They offered him $7-8 million/per if the rumors are correct. I guess he wants Graham money, somewhere in the ballpark of $10 million/per. Will someone pay that? Probably the Raiders, plus it's his hometown so maybe he'll take a bit less.

He's a good redzone target. Other than that I don't see the upside considering he's not known as a blocker and Demarius is drawing doubles left and right. Dude is 26 or 27 to boot. Raiders are dummies so it makes sense for them.

Colasante

He's a good redzone target. Other than that I don't see the upside considering he's not known as a blocker and Demarius is drawing doubles left and right. Dude is 26 or 27 to boot. Raiders are dummies so it makes sense for them.

I think even acknowledging his limitations as a player, Julius Thomas would be a great signing for teams with serious red zone deficiencies, like the Jaguars or Bills. Giving Blake Bortles a consistent end zone target like Thomas could be huge for his confidence.

cdyhybrid

What emergence?

Colasante

McCourty is a Rutgers guy, no way Bill lets him leave. He's a Pat for life.

He's also Matt Patricia's favorite. No way he'll be allowed to leave.

tOopZzI.png

Patriots7

Pats fans really optimistic but what if this is like Asante Samuel all over again.
If we sign McCourty, get another good corner (Flowers or Maxwell), get a guard and maybe take a flyer on an upgrade to Amendola, I'll be fine.

The ball is in Revis' court and he knows it. There's absolutely no way that we keep him without vastly overpaying, to which I don't believe Bill would do. Nor would I want him to.

Although I wonder if DMC likes playing FS. It happened more out of need than anything with us. He could likely get decently more if he converted back to a CB.

Pretty much what I've said during Cameron's whole run as a brown, he can't be counted on. Sign him, but draft another guy also if you need a TE.

Top Bottom