• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

zychi

Banned
WTF is Culvers?

Worst fast food chain is White Castle oh my god fuck White Castle. I hate that place so much I might venture out of the fort and make a thread in OT about how dismal that dumpster is.

EDIT: #BanJNA

Why the hate for White Castles? Its drunk/high food. You know what you're getting when you get there.It's not the best place ever, but it's not the worst.

Get the double cheeseburgers+fries+chicken rings.

e: i just saw your thread, the Whitey's in Chicago do not look that bad. You had a bad restaurant. Vegas' Whitey's is shit.

Tom Penny

That Franklin BBQ is over rated. This is Texas, the BBQ capital of the world and you can find good to great BBQ in almost every single town.

I would kill for a White Castle or a Dunkin Donuts to open around here.

Wat? There is more Dunkin Donuts per capita were I live than anywhere in the world. Average coffee and teenagers that screw up your order left and right is their specialty. I can't speak on White Castle. Only had it once but I bet I like KFC chicken little sandwiches more than those burgers. There is basically no good BBQ where I'm at :(

I miss Dunkin Donuts so bad. Chocolate glazed......

5496abdc-8e50-48d5-9532-014793e26031.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think Dunkin Donuts are basically grocery store tier in terms of flavor and quality.

I prefer Shipley's or Krispy Kreme's fresh hot glazed donuts.

bionic77

The greatest grocery store of all time is Wegmans.

It is one of the biggest perks of living on the best coast.

Publix is shit. I remember going to one in Florida. And as with everything else in the state, it was straight up garbage.

MechDX

Wat? There is more Dunkin Donuts per capita were I live than anywhere in the world. Average coffee and teenagers that screw up your order left and right is their specialty. I can't speak on White Castle. Only had it once but I bet I like KFC chicken little sandwiches more than those burgers. There is basically no good BBQ where I'm at :(

In the past year two Dunkin Donuts have opened in Houston but they are close to downtown and I live in the burbs. We have Shipleys donuts here and the donuts and kolaches are good but the coffee is swill

You would think with all the northern transplants here someone would open a White Castle / Dunkin Donuts combo here and take in the money

The greatest grocery store of all time is Wegmans.

It is one of the biggest perks of living on the best coast.

Publix is shit. I remember going to one in Florida. And as with everything else in the state, it was straight up garbage.

Wegmans was such a let down to me. People built it up so hard when they built one in Maryland. I remember someone saying "You have to visit Wegmans when you come home. It's not a grocery store, it's an event."

It's a fucking grocery store.

They don't have DDs in Cali?

Weird I just assumed they were everywhere. Pretty sure they are all over Asia and Europe.

Nope, at least nowhere in NorCal.

jakncoke

Banned
Wegmans was such a let down to me. People built it up so hard when they built one in Maryland. I remember someone saying "You have to visit Wegmans when you come home. It's not a grocery store, it's an event."

Anyone who has said that needs a more interesting life lol, there is no way my life will be so boring that no matter how good a store is that id say that

MRSA

Banned
Best grocery stores are Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, I'm not there to get groceries but to check out the hot females in yoga pants. I'm pretty sure our friend chris.trejo can be spotted there if he is still alive.

bionic77

Weird you don't have Dunkin over there. They are fucking everywhere on the east coast. You can't go 5 minutes without seeing one.

And Wegmans is pretty awesome dude. All the food stations they have plus their selection of general groceries shits on anything else I have seen.

bionic77

Best grocery stores are Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, I'm not there to get groceries but to check out the hot females in yoga pants. I'm pretty sure our friend chris.trejo can be spotted there if he is still alive.
If you are in a nice neighborhood (i.e. not at a Publix) than you are going to see a lot of hot woman in yoga pants in pretty much any grocery store.

Whole Foods attracts rich people like garbage on the road attracts Floridians so it is no surprise it is packed with trophy wives and entitled daughters of evil rich men.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Whole Foods feels like a beautifulpeople.com meet up or something.

I went to one near the Montrose area in Houston and it was more overwhelming than a college campus.

MRSA

Banned
If you are in a nice neighborhood (i.e. not at a Publix) than you are going to see a lot of hot woman in yoga pants in pretty much any grocery store.

Whole Foods attracts rich people like garbage on the road attracts Floridians so it is no surprise it is packed with trophy wives and entitled daughters of evil rich men.

Fashion Island in Newport Beach is all trophy wives having their wine lunch dates with all the other trophy wive friends in yoga attire pretending like they just got done working out. I'm pretty sure the one wife missing from the group is getting banged by one of the husbands that is alledgedly on a business trip.

Tom Penny

I dont know how far Honey Dew chain goes but it is superior to Dunkin. On top of that I can get to think about very bad things since there are some talented workers that all rock yoga pants at the one near me. A willow tree chicken salad sandwich and a coffee for under 5 bucks. Yes please.

Bread

Banned
First of all top tier grocery store is limited to like local chains only. Like DiBruno Bros.

Then there is the Wegman's tier, which basically no other grocery store is on.

Then there is the irrelevant tier of all other grocers which Publix is a member of.
why the fuck are you being pretentious when we're talking about grocery stores, jesus christ

zychi

Banned
I didn't realize Dunkin Donuts isnt national? Their motto is "America runs on Dunkin" some of this country is missing out on the best chain breakfast/coffee place? Sucks to suck

bionic77

why the fuck are you being pretentious when we're talking about grocery stores, jesus christ
He is rating the quality of various grocery chains.

Nothing pretentious about the truth brah!

Whole Foods feels like a beautifulpeople.com meet up or something.

I went to one near the Montrose area in Houston and it was more overwhelming than a college campus.
The first time I went to Whole Foods was in the mid to late 90s. I was doing an internship in DC for the summer and lived in NW DC (super fucking rich area, where all the embassies are basically) with a friend (he was a rich fucker and the apartment was awesome). This is before GPS and Google Maps so I was just driving down Massachusetts Avenue and stopped at the first grocery store I saw. It was a Whole Foods and I was not ready for that experience. I went inside and I did not recognize a single thing they were selling. All I wanted was to be able to make some sandwiches and eat some Count Chocula for breakfast. They had no products that were recognizable to me and I didn't understand why their produce was more than double the price of what I got at my usual grocery store. My friend had to explain to me the concept of Whole Foods. I thought it was insane and he pointed me to the local Giant or Acme or whatever where I bought my groceries for the rest of the summer.

bionic77

Why hasn't cajun come in and told us about how local Louisiana grocery stores are the best?
Because he is honest.

The only positives I ever remember him telling us about his home state is that the cost of living is cheap and that his internet is fast as fuck. He never brags about dental hygiene or literacy over there because he is not some dirty liar (i.e. Pats fan).

MRSA

Banned
this grocery store discussion reminds me of my chargers, i hope they can get all the guys on their shopping list!

Two teaming Pats degenerate

God you disgust me, I don't know whats worse, a Pats/Chargers fan or a Bungles/Pats fan.

Fuck you Coldplay

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He is rating the quality of various grocery chains.

Nothing pretentious about the truth brah!

The first time I went to Whole Foods was in the mid to late 90s. I was doing an internship in DC for the summer and lived in NW DC (super fucking rich area, where all the embassies are basically) with a friend (he was a rich fucker and the apartment was awesome). This is before GPS and Google Maps so I was just driving down Massachusetts Avenue and stopped at the first grocery store I saw. It was a Whole Foods and I was not ready for that experience. I went inside and I did not recognize a single thing they were selling. All I wanted was to be able to make some sandwiches and eat some Count Chocula for breakfast. They had no products that were recognizable to me and I didn't understand why their produce was more than double the price of what I got at my usual grocery store. My friend had to explain to me the concept of Whole Foods. I thought it was insane and he pointed me to the local Giant or Acme or whatever where I bought my groceries for the rest of the summer.

The prices are still bullshit and the products can still be weird.

It just feels trendy to me. Like "designer food" or something.

The prices are still bullshit and the products can still be weird.

It just feels trendy to me. Like "designer food" or something.

Yeah, some things about Whole Foods are just stupid. I will admit that their seafood and meat sections are awesome, but in some areas they are just dumb. They carry a huge amount of homeopathic shit. They are so up their own asses with the organic shit at times that they often carry poorer versions of a lot of basic items too. Their pre-packaged breads are absolute shit, for example, far worse than almost any I've ever had. I think part of the problem is that the Whole Foods by me is tiny though. Maybe when they move into their new digs in two years, which is going to be like five times the size of their current store, things will change. Either way whenever I go there to pick up odds and ends I end up spending $80.

I didn't realize Dunkin Donuts isnt national? Their motto is "America runs on Dunkin" some of this country is missing out on the best chain breakfast/coffee place? Sucks to suck

They built a DD in SF when I lived there but no one would go. In SF they are super protective of local bussiness, most chans fail when they move there. They opened a huge Fridays down by the waterfront and it didnt last long at all.

Top Bottom