• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Syrinx

Here you go.
7QmOBX2.png

thx

I think we should make each week 2 days for CPU games and 3 for user games just to keep it consistent.

I fudge the deadlines a little from week to week depending on the fixture list. I try to make sure any international human games fall over a weekend so time zones don't fuck everything up.

If Mech and BG had the game we could have started another league with those guys :(

zychi

Banned
So you are going to condemn the whole team based on individual infractions?

Or are you trying to say that ZBS at the time was cheating? I don't get your point. Because it wasn't, and that's a dumbass way to try to make the Broncos championships illegitimate.

I will say that the league took exception to it, because it was in a gray area. It didn't break the existing rules necessarily, it was something that the league thought was punishable simply because it was not the standard way of operation.

I admire the effort you put into your post though.
All Pats fans can now quote this whenever Godslay brings up the Pats "cheating" and what a hypocrite looks like when talking about their own team

Arc

Let's talk about something real here, like how it's currently next to impossible to drive anywhere in Boston right now. The city has spent twice it's snow budget this winter all ready and the earthy crunchys won't let them dump it into the harbor.

Godslay

Banned
All Pats fans can now quote this whenever Godslay brings up the Pats "cheating" and what a hypocrite looks like when talking about their own team

Guess I should leave Gaf now, you won.

Are you able to discern the difference between:

Individual actions versus team actions?

Competitive advantage gained through nefarious mean versus a team pushing out contracts to fund a new stadium, which had no impact in terms of competition or who walked on to the field?

The zone blocking scheme being perfectly legal in it's form when the Broncos won their championships?

You certainly can't be this dense, I guess I've underestimated you.

Bring Chris back with you tomorrow too

As soon as gata tells me where he left his lifeless body

Oftentimes I wonder why Chris, my brother, would abandon me during humanity's darkest hour. What horrible act did I commit to deserve this?

You've done nothing wrong!! He was just a victim of the darkness :(

Chris turned heel.
dzmCAWZ.jpg

Smh you should show a little more respect for the dead

Mayocks first Top 5 pre-combine:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-mayocks-position-rankings-for-2015-nfl-draft

Quarterback
1. Jameis Winston, Florida State
2. Marcus Mariota, Oregon
3. Bryce Petty, Baylor
4. Brett Hundley, UCLA
5. Garrett Grayson, Colorado State

Running back
1. Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin
2. Todd Gurley, Georgia
3. Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska
4. Duke Johnson, Miami (Fla.)
5. Tevin Coleman, Indiana

Wide receiver
1. Kevin White, West Virginia
2. Amari Cooper, Alabama
3. DeVante Parker, Louisville
4. Dorial Green-Beckham, Missouri
5. Devin Funchess, Michigan

Tight end
1. Maxx Williams, Minnesota
2. Clive Walford, Miami (Fla.)
3. Nick O'Leary, Florida State
4. Tyler Kroft, Rutgers
5. Ben Koyack, Notre Dame

Interior offensive linemen
1. Brandon Scherff, Iowa
2. Cameron Erving, Florida State
3. Laken Tomlinson, Duke
4. A.J. Cann, South Carolina
5. Tre' Jackson, Florida State

Offensive tackle
1. T.J. Clemmings, Pittsburgh
2. Andrus Peat, Stanford
3. La'el Collins, LSU
4. Ereck Flowers, Miami (Fla.)
5t. Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M
5t. D.J. Humphries, Florida

Interior defensive linemen
1. Leonard Williams, USC
2. Danny Shelton, Washington
3. Malcom Brown, Texas
4. Arik Armstead, Oregon
5t. Jordan Phillips, Oklahoma
5t. Eddie Goldman, Florida State

Edge rusher
1. Dante Fowler, Jr., Florida
2. Randy Gregory, Nebraska
3. Shane Ray, Missouri
4. Vic Beasley, Clemson
5. Bud Dupree, Kentucky

Linebacker
1. Paul Dawson, TCU
2. Benardrick McKinney, Mississippi State
3. Denzel Perryman, Miami (Fla.)
4. Eric Kendricks, UCLA
5. Stephone Anthony, Clemson

Cornerback
1. Trae Waynes, Michigan State
2. Marcus Peters, Washington
3. Jalen Collins, LSU
4. P.J. Williams, Florida State
5. Kevin Johnson, Wake Forest

Safety
1. Landon Collins, Alabama
2. Shaq Thompson, Washington
3. Derron Smith, Fresno State
4. Jaquiski Tartt, Samford
5. Ibraheim Campbell, Northwestern

zychi

Banned
Guess I should leave Gaf now, you won.

Are you able to discern the difference between:

Individual actions versus team actions?

Competitive advantage gained through nefarious mean versus a team pushing out contracts to fund a new stadium, which had no impact in terms of competition or who walked on to the field?

The zone blocking scheme being perfectly legal in it's form when the Broncos won their championships?

You certainly can't be this dense, I guess I've underestimated you.

Elway and Davis were cheaters, who played with cheaters on both sides of the line, who were out to hurt other players, and cheat with any means necessary including stickum, greasing themselves up to be slippery. Dont forget the GM and players circumventing what was agreed upon by all the owners and NFLPA.
I'll use your own comments against the Patriots as being cheaters:

"If it wasn't a big deal the NFL wouldn't have fined them and taken draft picks.", having a known steroid user playing linebacker. Just an all around cheating team. Offensive side, defensive side, GM and ownership.

Not even just blaming a coach for video tampering, which happened later for a later Broncos team.

Broncos America's cheaters.
Broncos fans, selective choosing when it comes to playing the blame game.

Jarnet87

Thanks for the 1st pick in the draft McClown, now you can undercut your brother for the backup role in New Orleans. What a joke of a quarter these two are. Stealing paychecks.

jakncoke

Banned
The fact that it's 2015 and you still have to be an ESPN Insider to view a Kiper mock draft is hilarious.

Yeah they'd be better off dropping the insider bs, I mean how many honestly can be subbing? Is there still ads on insider pages because that'd be hilarious to have to pay the sub fee and still be subjected to ads if you didnt use a ad-blocker.

jakncoke

Banned
So jak sent me a text message it said, "You raped me"

What the fuck.

lol i like how you relay the story 7 hours later and leave out I was trying to text someone else and about trivia crack. also gata id send you texts but youre gata claws dont work with phones and you probably drool on your phone causing it to barely work anyways

MRSA

Banned
lol i like how you relay the story 7 hours later and leave out I was trying to text someone else and about trivia crack. also gata id send you texts but youre gata claws dont work with phones and you probably drool on your phone causing it to barely work anyways

Apologies jak, I was attending a higher education course that requires more than a falsified GED.

Godslay

Banned
Elway and Davis were cheaters, who played with cheaters on both sides of the line, who were out to hurt other players, and cheat with any means necessary including stickum, greasing themselves up to be slippery. Dont forget the GM and players circumventing what was agreed upon by all the owners and NFLPA.
I'll use your own comments against the Patriots as being cheaters:

"If it wasn't a big deal the NFL wouldn't have fined them and taken draft picks.", having a known steroid user playing linebacker. Just an all around cheating team. Offensive side, defensive side, GM and ownership.

Not even just blaming a coach for video tampering, which happened later for a later Broncos team.

Broncos America's cheaters.
Broncos fans, selective choosing when it comes to playing the blame game.

First things first.

What players did the Broncos sign that gave them a competitive advantage when it came to the cap infractions?

Name them. You make the accusations, prove that there was a competitive advantage gained by them moving contracts out and paying interest on them. I'll give you a head start:

"The investigation resulted in the discovery of undisclosed agreements between the club and Broncos players during the same period [1996-1998] pursuant to which various players agreed to defer certain compensation in exchange for a commitment to pay interest on the deferred amounts," Henderson said in the statement. "These agreements were plainly designed to help the club cope with seasonal cash flow problems exacerbated by the Broncos' need to fund front-end expenditures associated with development of the new stadium in Denver."

Seems pretty straight forward to me. You can make it nefarious as you please, but it didn't affect the product on the field. Nobody is denying that they pierced a gray area of the cap and the league punished them. I'm not selectively choosing to ignore it. There is a difference between cheating to garner a competitive advantage on the field, and business operations which don't relate to the on the field product. You fail to see that apparently.

Secondly, the ZBS as implemented by the Broncos championship teams was perfectly legal, and was so for several years. ZBS is still legal, albeit with changes to what types of blocks can utilized, which came years later iirc. It's like saying that the Seahawks from last year are cheaters because the league adjusted the rules to be tougher on the secondary this year. It won't fly for them and it doesn't fly for the rule changes to the ZBS. Terrible point, and a reach at best. Frankly, one of the more idiotic things I've read on this board. Congratulations.

Third, Broncos fired McDaniels after he was caught videotaping with the guy who was original busted in NE for just that. Yes, we fired the guy, did NE do the same? You already know that answer. Does that mean the Broncos advocate cheating through videotaping? In your world probably, in reality most people see it as egg on the face of McDaniels and he got nuked for it.

When was Romo nailed for steroids as a Bronco? I looked and looked, but he was never fined or indicted. That came later as a Raider. Does that mean he wasn't doing it in Denver? I can't say conclusively, because there is no evidence to point that way. One could make the logical leap to say he was given the evidence in Oakland, but we will never be able to say for certain as there is no factual evidence to say that he was using steroids as a Denver Bronco. Sorry dude.

Lastly, I've heard the stories of Stink as well. Did he get away with it? I don't know. League never said much. Here's an example for you.

Consider Mark Schlereth, who spent six seasons as a Denver Broncos offensive lineman, protecting quarterback John Elway en route to two Super Bowl victories. In a 1998 playoff game at Kansas City, Schlereth and his fellow linemen coated their arms and the backs of their jerseys in Vaseline. The Chiefs' defenders couldn't grab onto the slimy Broncos and quickly complained to officials. It was quite a scene, Schlereth recalls, as officials used towels on the sidelines to wipe down the oily visitors in a game Denver would ultimately win, 14-10, on its way to a Super Bowl triumph.

"Did I grease up my jersey, and use sticky substances on my gloves? You're damn right," Schlereth said recently.

And lastly, don't put words in my mouth. Thanks.

I also apologize for Chicago being a dumping ground for all of Denver's football garbage. I can understand why one would be mad.

Now that I got my tax money, I should go and finally buy a computer desk and a new gaming keyboard and mouse. Already payed off my N3ds reserve but do need to reserve Final Fantasy Type-0

Anyone else think its really disrespectful how the Bucs fans are celebrating tossing the finest Tank Commander in a generation to the curb?

He did more for that organization than any person not named Sapp, Dungy, or Gruden in the past twenty years and this is how you treat him?

Syrinx

Anyone else think its really disrespectful how the Bucs fans are celebrating tossing the finest Tank Commander in a generation to the curb?

He did more for that organization than any person not named Sapp, Dungy, or Gruden in the past twenty years and this is how you treat him?

We will be forever thankful to McCown for courageously taking command of the Great Tank of 2014.

But his work is done. And now he must grace another team with his tanking services.

Top Bottom