• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

MRSA

Banned
You were prob sleeping during it and or looking up fried tarantula recipes

I can sleep through class and get an underachieving B

Now that I got my tax money, I should go and finally buy a computer desk and a new gaming keyboard and mouse. Already payed off my N3ds reserve but do need to reserve Final Fantasy Type-0
Why did Nintendo make it so difficult to access the microsd card or why the hell even change it from standard SD.

JABEE

The Eagles chose the right guy for Black History Month

XZed4mU.jpg

zychi

Banned
First things first.

What players did the Broncos sign that gave them a competitive advantage when it came to the cap infractions?

Name them. You make the accusations, prove that there was a competitive advantage gained by them moving contracts out and paying interest on them. I'll give you a head start:

Seems pretty straight forward to me. You can make it nefarious as you please, but it didn't affect the product on the field. Nobody is denying that they pierced a gray area of the cap and the league punished them. I'm not selectively choosing to ignore it. There is a difference between cheating to garner a competitive advantage on the field, and business operations which don't relate to the on the field product. You fail to see that apparently.

Secondly, the ZBS as implemented by the Broncos championship teams was perfectly legal, and was so for several years. ZBS is still legal, albeit with changes to what types of blocks can utilized, which came years later iirc. It's like saying that the Seahawks from last year are cheaters because the league adjusted the rules to be tougher on the secondary this year. It won't fly for them and it doesn't fly for the rule changes to the ZBS. Terrible point, and a reach at best. Frankly, one of the more idiotic things I've read on this board. Congratulations.

Third, Broncos fired McDaniels after he was caught videotaping with the guy who was original busted in NE for just that. Yes, we fired the guy, did NE do the same? You already know that answer. Does that mean the Broncos advocate cheating through videotaping? In your world probably, in reality most people see it as egg on the face of McDaniels and he got nuked for it.

When was Romo nailed for steroids as a Bronco? I looked and looked, but he was never fined or indicted. That came later as a Raider. Does that mean he wasn't doing it in Denver? I can't say conclusively, because there is no evidence to point that way. One could make the logical leap to say he was given the evidence in Oakland, but we will never be able to say for certain as there is no factual evidence to say that he was using steroids as a Denver Bronco. Sorry dude.

Lastly, I've heard the stories of Stink as well. Did he get away with it? I don't know. League never said much. Here's an example for you.

And lastly, don't put words in my mouth. Thanks.

I also apologize for Chicago being a dumping ground for all of Denver's football garbage. I can understand why one would be mad.
Romo, dirtiest player, PED testing wasn't as rampant in the 90s for the NFL. Didn't become a public concern until MLB blew up.
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19225620

To the bolded, your team HIRED both guys after spygate, guess who has no ground to ever talk shit about cheaters, when your team actively pursued, interviewed and hired both guys on the Pats who were involved? Classy organization. Hypocrite fans.

I have never heard any narrative which paints the Broncos as cheaters. I've only been watching football since the 80s, so maybe I missed it if it was before I was born.

zychi

Banned
I have never heard any narrative which paints the Broncos as cheaters. I've only been watching football since the 80s, so maybe I missed it if it was before I was born.

You should learn to use the internet and google. It will show you things that have happened that the media doesn't jump on!

Quite a useful tool!

Godslay

Banned
Romo, dirtiest player, PED testing wasn't as rampant in the 90s for the NFL. Didn't become a public concern until MLB blew up.
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_19225620

To the bolded, your team HIRED both guys after spygate, guess who has no ground to ever talk shit about cheaters, when your team actively pursued, interviewed and hired both guys on the Pats who were involved? Classy organization. Hypocrite fans.

So I've got you whittled down to two points that don't prove shit in terms of either:

Romo roiding it up while he was a Bronco. Which after reading your article only pointed out that he was considered aggressive, and dirty in terms of on the field antics which everyone who ever watch football in the 90s knew. If you would have read the entire article instead of just browsing the headline, you would have mined out this little nugget who happens to be your head coach. Guess you'll have to stop watching or rooting for the Bears.

"He's just an aggressive player," Broncos coach John Fox said. "I don't confuse aggressive with cheap or dirty. I think all that dirty stuff is overrated."

You HIRED this asshole to run your franchise? Goddamn.

You go on to say that PED testing wasn't rampant in the 90s. Steroid testing started in 1987. The testing may have been lax, but even with that said one can go one way or the other on this. One road would be to deny that a large portion of the NFL abused steroids in that era, especially defensive players, the other being that you can't point the finger at someone who didn't fail a test while a Denver Bronco. Is it looking the other way? Possibly, but like I said, even with suspicion there is no factual evidence that he did so as a Denver Bronco. Is it likely that he did? Most certainly. The same could be said for the a large portion of the NFL. Why aren't you out here calling them out? Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

So going by your faulty logic, I can shit on the Bears as a cheating squad because Terrance Metcalf was busted for roids? Or call them a cheating squad because Urlacher said they had a fall guy to fake injury when offenses went no huddle? Like I said prior individual infractions don't constitute systemic cheating. Which we know the Pats have been nailed for in the past.

And yes the Broncos did hire McDaniels after Spygate, that much cannot be denied. The Pats paid for their sins and one could expect that because of that punishment they had learned their lesson. Did the Broncos hire McDaniels with the thoughts that he would perpetuate the video taping hijinks that the Pats did throughout the 00's? I highly doubt it. When it came to light that they did that stuff, the Broncos promptly fired both of them. How where we supposed to know that Belichick's afterbirth would infect our franchise?

So what else do you want to drum up?

You've given up on the cap infraction, calling out the ZBS as illegal, falling away from calling Romo a roid abuser because test were lax and everyone was doing it.

The best point you've made all night is that McD is a cheater, and when he got fired in Denver he went right back to the mothership to cheat some more. That's right, you see what I did there.

Godslay

Banned
I'm still waiting on that list of players signed when the Broncos deferred payment.

Not to mention the NFL punishment for running the ZBS.

Will this evidence ever be brought light?

That list and punishment are probably as likely as Cutler's kids getting the measles shot.

Sanjuro

I'm still waiting on that list of players signed when the Broncos deferred payment.

Not to mention the NFL punishment for running the ZBS.

Will this evidence ever be brought light?

That list and punishment are probably as likely as Cutler's kids getting the measles shot.

If Manning somehow quit, would you not welcome Cutler back?

Godslay

Banned
If Manning somehow quit, would you not welcome Cutler back?

Fuck that guy.

Plummer was my guy. Probably my 2nd favorite QB behind Elway.

Won't matter though, on the news that Zychi broke tonight the Broncos have decided to demolish the franchise. This is the progress so far...

xNQlAii.jpg

zychi

Banned
So I've got you whittled down to two points that don't prove shit in terms of either:

Guess you'll have to stop watching or rooting for the Bears.

Nah, I just don't have time/want to write an essay about every meaningless point you made like you do for everyone in this thread. I just don't have time/want to write an essay about every meaningless point you made like you do for everyone in this thread any time the Broncos are brought up.

I don't yell cheaters at teams like you do. I'm not salty over my team having the best offense in NFL history and losing to the same defense the Pats just beat. Hell. one of your players got caught cheating in Vegas last year, didn't even need to be on the field to be called a cheater!

Romo admitted to using PEDs, no need for him to fail a test as a Bronco, he's known as a Bronco for his career, not a Raider.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2190441

Oh and hey, look at that, Broncos broke the salary cap rules in 2004 too, odd, I thought they knew better and didn't do it on purpose?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

. Breaking the rules is cheating. Your team has done it muiltiple times in the past 20 years, and even dates back to the 60s with implimenting mics in the locker room and around other teams' practices.

So whatever man, keep living in your world where your Broncos have never done anything wrong

cdyhybrid

Fuck that guy.

Plummer was my guy. Probably my 2nd favorite QB behind Elway.

Won't matter though, on the news that Zychi broke tonight the Broncos have decided to demolish the franchise. This is the progress so far...

http://i.imgur.com/xNQlAii.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Unless Jay Glazer or Adam Schefter reported that the Broncos cheated, you can rest assured that it isn't true.

Godslay

Banned
Nah, I just don't have time/want to write an essay about every meaningless point you made like you do for everyone in this thread. I just don't have time/want to write an essay about every meaningless point you made like you do for everyone in this thread any time the Broncos are brought up.

I don't yell cheaters at teams like you do. I'm not salty over my team having the best offense in NFL history and losing to the same defense the Pats just beat. Hell. one of your players got caught cheating in Vegas last year, didn't even need to be on the field to be called a cheater!

Romo admitted to using PEDs, no need for him to fail a test as a Bronco, he's known as a Bronco for his career, not a Raider.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2190441

Oh and hey, look at that, Broncos broke the salary cap rules in 2004 too, odd, I thought they knew better and didn't do it on purpose?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

. Breaking the rules is cheating. Your team has done it muiltiple times in the past 20 years, and even dates back to the 60s with implimenting mics in the locker room and around other teams' practices.

So whatever man, keep living in your world where your Broncos have never done anything wrong

I'm offended. I work about 10-12 hours a day, and your telling me you don't have 10 minutes a post to back up your argument? That's just lazy.

Why the fuck are you here if you don't want to discuss or have time to flesh out your thoughts? It's a discussion board, that's the point.

I write longer posts, I'm guilty. I back my assertions and provide my thoughts. Cry about my post length all you want. It won't change.

You keep posting shit that's already been known by pretty much everyone around here. Yes the Broncos violated the cap, yes Romo is a dirty player, yes the ZBS utilized blocks that resulted in injury, and McD tapes.

You haven't proven that the cap infringement resulted in players being signed or a competitive advantage, Romo being busted for steroids as a Bronco, the ZBS being illegal, or that McD wasn't fired after taping.

Where is your evidence?

Show me the receipts.

Top Bottom