• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Syrinx

So guys, there's a career fair for my major next week at my university. I'm a CS major and thinking that doing a summer internship is something I probably need to do If any of you have any tips on how to talk to the reps or any resume advice or any other advice I'd appreciate it.

brentech

So guys, there's a career fair for my major next week at my university. I'm a CS major and thinking that doing a summer internship is something I probably need to do If any of you have any tips on how to talk to the reps or any resume advice or any other advice I'd appreciate it.

Be honest and willing to learn.
boom

Godslay

Banned
I think vyroxis was the all time most hated no? Wonder how that whole "got the underage girl next door knocked up and pawned it off on her boyfriend" thing worked out?

Vyroxis you just look at like what the fuck was that guy thinking. Weird and possibly illegal.

Ari was just a dumb motherfucker with shitty opinions and probably really a racist. If LJ is willing to fall on the sword you know you've down something wrong.

What are you planning to do? Software development?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Ask questions, shake hands, be confident. Bring copies of your resume...maybe. Probably. I found that during recruiting season for accounting anyway that nobody wanted them right then and there but it wouldn't hurt.

Resume's should be one page only. I personally go so far as to tailor my resume for whatever specific position I'm applying for. Beyond that, your university should have someone that helps students review their resume's so I would use those resources.

MRSA

Banned
I've talked to Vyroxis, he's pretty dumb but then again he lives in Minesotta.

17 is legal there apparently, she got knocked up and tried to sue him for child support which someone he won without going to Murray.

He's also not a Pats fan so he's okay by me.

Bread

Banned
I've talked to Vyroxis, he's pretty dumb but then again he lives in Minesotta.

17 is legal there apparently, she got knocked up and tried to sue him for child support which someone he won without going to Murray.

He's also not a Pats fan so he's okay by me.
Sanjuro is a staunch supporter of vyroxis

Sanjuro

Oh my gad.

http://imgur.com/a/xzEUx

NV8tFAV.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Unsubstantiated rumour time y'all!!

Perusing the OBR cesspool someone is stating that Manziel will be traded to an NFC South team this offseason.

Again hella unsubstantiated there are no sources on this.

MRSA

Banned
Sanjuro is a staunch supporter of vyroxis

He's an American so as a fellow American I support his rights to his liberties even if they somehow disgust me. Pats fans relinquish their Tebow given freedom so they can go eat a bag of dicks.

Oh and fuck that zed spelling konka as well.

jakncoke

Banned

Perusing the OBR cesspool someone is stating that Manziel will be traded to an NFC South team this offseason.

Some east cleveland bum hitting a pipe. You arent getting out of manziel that easy

Syrinx

What are you planning to do? Software development?

Probably. My focus area is in networking and distributed systems.

Ask questions, shake hands, be confident. Bring copies of your resume...maybe. Probably. I found that during recruiting season for accounting anyway that nobody wanted them right then and there but it wouldn't hurt.

Resume's should be one page only. I personally go so far as to tailor my resume for whatever specific position I'm applying for. Beyond that, your university should have someone that helps students review their resume's so I would use those resources.

I'll have the career center look over my resume to get some tips as well. I do lack experience so I never feel confident in it though. Confidence in general is a big roadblock for me. It's hard for me not to look around at people and listen to them and think that I'm nowhere near as good as them.

MechDX

Brees for Manziel straight up. Who says no?

Tried to melt some chocolate to dip strawberries in for the wife. I now have a giant glob of sticky chocolate. Why can't I just grill this Shit?

Godslay

Banned
Probably. My focus area is in networking and distributed systems.

I'll have the career center look over my resume to get some tips as well. I do lack experience so I never feel confident in it though. Confidence in general is a big roadblock for me. It's hard for me not to look around at people and listen to them and think that I'm nowhere near as good as them.

Nice, same field different focus for me.

I would say its easy to say that you are willing to learn, hard working and all that fluff. What you need to do is have concrete examples of how you embody those traits. I've sat in on interviews, and everyone says the are such and such, the ones that are impressive and get the jobs are the ones who can prove it.

As far as confidence, you are a beginner. So what? Everyone starts somewhere, and the real learning happens on the job. Personally I would rather have someone who knows what they dont know, then someone who knows everything.

Besides our field and coding in general have a tendency towards either Dunning-Kruger, or imposter syndrome. Look them up.

Also a career tip is to not compare yourself to others superiors or peers, you are on your own trajectory. Keep learning and growing and you'll do fine assuming that you put in the effort.

And it never hurts to network.

Good luck.

Sorry for typos on my phone walking on treadmill. lol.

Syrinx

Nice, same field different focus for me.

I would say its easy to say that you are willing to learn, hard working and all that fluff. What you need to do is have concrete examples of how you embody those traits. I've sat in on interviews, and everyone says the are such and such, the ones that are impressive and get the jobs are the ones who can prove it.

As far as confidence, you are a beginner. So what? Everyone starts somewhere, and the real learning happens on the job. Personally I would rather have someone who knows what they dont know, then someone who knows everything.

Besides our field and coding in general have a tendency towards either Dunning-Kruger, or imposter syndrome. Look them up.

Also a career tip is to not compare yourself to others superiors or peers, you are on your own trajectory. Keep learning and growing and you'll do fine assuming that you put in the effort.

And it never hurts to network.

Good luck.

Sorry for typos on my phone walking on treadmill. lol.

That's okay, and I really do appreciate the advice.

I remember somebody (think it was ez) saying that (for him personally), being aware of what you don't know is a vital aspect, and if you aren't self-aware or willing to admit your limits you aren't going to get far.

MechDX

After following Louis Nix III on Twitter I'm thinking he is going to be a huge ass bust. Acts like he would still rather be in college.

I remember somebody (think it was ez) saying that (for him personally), being aware of what you don't know is a vital aspect, and if you aren't self-aware or willing to admit your limits you aren't going to get far.

Sounds about right. No one is going to have the answers to everything, and it's easy to supplement that knowledge. We do have the luxury of looking up things we don't know on the fly.

I just got home and haven't checked the board. But I'll say this I don't discredit the random rumors on the watercooler anymore. Some of those guys so happen to know ppl in the know. Like some random guy reported that big staff changes would be made weeks before Chud was actually fired, and they had the Joe Haden and Gordon getting in trouble stuff way before it ever popped.

Also a couple months back someone posted a similar thing that some of Manziels reps talked to the Browns. And lane didn't exactly discredit it in the insider board. I'm just saying I don't discredit all the random rumors in there.

I've also been saying since the end of the season I wouldn't be caught of guard if JFF wasn't here week 1. I'm writing a JFF erotica novel though, so everything is good.

Bucs release McCown...hmmmm

I'll relinquish my reign as king to DM if they trade Manziel to the Bucs.
josh McCleveland. I know some of you don't want Hoyer back but if he leaves our Qb situation dosent look good at all, my boys in rehab and he's shown nothing that we can look forward to In the future.

MechDX

I just got home and haven't checked the board. But I'll say this I don't discredit the random rumors on the watercooler anymore. Some of those guys so happen to know ppl in the know. Like some random guy reported that big staff changes would be made weeks before Chud was actually fired, and they had the Joe Haden and Gordon getting in trouble stuff way before it ever popped.

Also a couple months back someone posted a similar thing that some of Manziels reps talked to the Browns. And lane didn't exactly discredit it in the insider board. I'm just saying I don't discredit all the random rumors in there.

I've also been saying since the end of the season I wouldn't be caught of guard if JFF wasn't here week 1. I'm writing a JFF erotica novel though, so everything is good.

Don't want to be that guy but......told ya so.

Godslay

Banned

I agree 100% with ez. Probably one of the most valuable traits in my opinion.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lately I've been so anxious about the NFL for some reason regarding CTE... Just hoping everyone is ok. Obviously it's great to live for the moment and go all in, but it sucks to think they're not ever going to be the same. Wonder if Wes is going to be stuck behind a wall of fog for the rest of his life.

Top Bottom