• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Bread

Banned
Where do poor noodles live?

In the spaghetto.
NH9gE7v.gif
jimross.gif

zychi

Banned
Probably. My focus area is in networking and distributed systems.

I'll have the career center look over my resume to get some tips as well. I do lack experience so I never feel confident in it though. Confidence in general is a big roadblock for me. It's hard for me not to look around at people and listen to them and think that I'm nowhere near as good as them.
Lack of experience is a bullshit excuse to weed out lazy people. I got my first gig out of college without any experience in the field and the job description wanted 3-5 years. It's all about networking, and being confident in the interview, but not an arrogant asshole.

Career fairs are great because you can ask the dumb questions to the reps and not have it come off bad like it would in an interview.

Good luck!

jakncoke

Banned
Lately I've been so anxious about the NFL for some reason regarding CTE... Just hoping everyone is ok. Obviously it's great to live for the moment and go all in, but it sucks to think they're not ever going to be the same. Wonder if Wes is going to be stuck behind a wall of fog for the rest of his life.

Of course he is, every reported concussion he prob had like 2 unreported. Its how it goes butterfly it sucks but if you like the nfl in its current form princess not much can do about it beside make it flag

MechDX

LOL you weren't the only person that didn't like Manziel you just acted like the biggest dbag about it, for lack of better words.

Please. You, squicken and a few others all defended that arrogabt little Shit at every turn screaming I was overreacting. "he is a kid having fun!" "He is going to be so fun to watch! Enjoy Fitzpatrick" Just another QB the Browns killed. RIP Johnny Rehab.

Can you be a huge bust as a third round pick?

When you were an expected 1st rounder before injury and the team that drafted you moved back into the 3 rd to grab you.

Btw MRSA his knee healed a long time ago. The only thing O'Brien ever said about him is "he needs to learn to be a professional" At least he isn't in Vegas restrooms snorting blow.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Of course he is, every reported concussion he prob had like 2 unreported. Its how it goes butterfly it sucks but if you like the nfl in its current form princess not much can do about it beside make it flag

Obviously I understand that, but as it gets brought to light more and more it becomes harder to ignore. Actually one of the things that has me is how available people are due to things like twitter, youtube, etc. you get to see these people as themselves with their friends/family, and it makes it more personal than a bunch of guys in uniforms. Julian Edelman has been so prominent in the media lately and I love that guy, he's a likable person. I have found myself wondering if when he goes home, does he forget things more often? Does he feel confused? I dunno why it's been weighing on me more now than in recent years. On top of that all the wes welker talk has me wondering how he feels, and if he'll ever improve.

jakncoke

Banned
Obviously I understand that, but as it gets brought to light more and more it becomes harder to ignore. Actually one of the things that has me is how available people are due to things like twitter, youtube, etc. you get to see these people as themselves with their friends/family, and it makes it more personal than a bunch of guys in uniforms. Julian Edelman has been so prominent in the media lately and I love that guy, he's a likable person. I have found myself wondering if when he goes home, does he forget things more often? Does he feel confused? I dunno why it's been weighing on me more now than in recent years. On top of that all the wes welker talk has me wondering how he feels, and if he'll ever improve.

sounds like you caught the period and got the feels

MechDX

lol. He isn't an arrogant little shit? He is a spoiled fucking brat. Remember when he said "Let's wreck this league!"......yeah no arrogance at all.

Face it BG your team fucked up like they all do. It's just that this one could have been easily avoided if your owner wasn't a meddling idiot.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't think mech said anything out of line about Manziel. I'd like to see the Browns do better but I'm not unhappy to see Manziel flame out as I thought he would. I hope he gets his life together but I'd be glad to see him out of football.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yo, 2014 NFL team postmortems, yo. Hurry and write one before you forget all about last season!

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens - BaltimoreLarry
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers -
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns -
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos - Godslay
Detroit Lions -
Green Bay Packers -
Houston Texans -
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins -
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots - Case
New Orleans Saints -
New York Giants -
New York Jets - bob_arctor
Oakland Raiders -
Philadelphia Eagles -
Pittsburgh Steelers - chuckddd
Saint Louis Rams -
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers -
Seattle Seahawks - cdyhybrid
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins

MechDX

to be fair you pushing hard on your salt pad over him

Explained before the talk about him here in Houston was at ridiculous levels and you had people here who sung his praises like he was the second coming. Maybe I went overboard here but I honestly don't give a damn.

Face it BG your team fucked up like they all do. It's just that this one could have been easily avoided if your owner wasn't a meddling idiot.
There's nothing to face for me, I've been saying since the end of the season the Browns should proceed as if we couldn't count on him.

It's not like I was ever bragging he'd be a top 10 Qb in the league, he was my favorite player In college and I was happy my favorite team drafted him and I hoped for his success SlutDX. Hopfully he can still find it one day.

If some guy called your favorite player a prick everyday you would get irritated too SlutDX

JJ Watt is a self obsorbed asshole

jakncoke

Banned
Explained before the talk about him here in Houston was at ridiculous levels and you had people here who sung his praises like he was the second coming. Maybe I went overboard here but I honestly don't give a damn.

To be fair, that goes without saying hahahah

jakncoke

Banned
There's nothing to face for me, I've been saying since the end of the season the Browns should proceed as if we couldn't count on him.

It's not like I was ever bragging he'd be a top 10 Qb in the league, he was my favorite player In college and I was happy my favorite team drafted him and I hoped for his success SlutDX. Hopfully he can still find it one day.

If some guy called your favorite player a prick everyday you would get irritated too SlutDX

ye for southern ohio spartans

MechDX

To be fair, that goes without saying hahahah

At the end of the day it's just an internet message board. I wouldn't want to meet 70% of the people here in real life because it would probably not be pretty.

You though Jak. One day I am coming to PA just to meet you.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just look at what happened to Jim McMahon, Andre Waters, Junior Seau, Derek Boogard etc

CTE is bad.

Sucks dude, hope the best for anybody else. It's tough knowing one of your favorite things it's the result of that. Very conflicting.

jakncoke

Banned
At the end of the day it's just an internet message board. I wouldn't want to meet 70% of the people here in real life because it would probably not be pretty.

You though Jak. One day I am coming to PA just to meet you.

I wouldnt be opposed to meeting really anyone in the thread or online. Could be some laughs and drinks! and for gator some bitten ankles

MechDX

Good. That's how it should be.

Come meet me Mech!

I'll meet you half way.

MRSA

Banned
You know you want to be apart of the No Pats Fans Club, especially with our super exclusive meeting sponsored by rando and RBH at The French Laundry, everyone who attends can literally scoff at the poors while indulging on the finest Californian cuisine.

Fuck you Gata

Godslay

Banned
Would be a bit weird meeting some of you assholes. Thought about it last time I was at a game. Would have met up if someone was there.

Tom Penny

You know you want to be apart of the No Pats Fans Club, especially with our super exclusive meeting sponsored by rando and RBH at The French Laundry, everyone who attends can literally scoff at the poors while indulging on the finest Californian cuisine.

Fuck you Gata

I'll be at Peter Lugers eating a steak and not a plate of food that looks like abstract art.

jbug617

Banned

Fuck you Gata

Can I come?

Top Bottom