• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

squicken

Wetlands on Netflix is beyond fucked up and I totally recommend it. Credits song alone is worth it

It's German so obviously huge weird shit warning

Gobias

Banned
Wetlands on Netflix is beyond fucked up and I totally recommend it. Credits song alone is worth it

It's German so obviously huge weird shit warning

The dumb box quote made me think it was some shitty movie not worth watching. Is it actually legit good?

Stray Dogs just got added too and I've heard some really good things about it.

Edt: Well, I watched it. That sure was something.

DMczaf

LmO7YCF.jpg

And there's Time Traveling FMT right behind him.

Godslay

Banned
Turns out it wasn't truly a salary cap violation. Looks like I was incorrect. Should help to clear things up.

The Broncos were short on cash in 1998 so John Elway and Terrell Davis were deferrred $29 million, to be paid later, with interest. This is legal by NFL rules. The money was counted normally against the salary cap.

Well, the NFL has a deferred compensation fund that they require NFL teams to pay money to so that teams don't fall heavily into debt if they can't pay the players back. In 2000, the NFL said that $29 million was too much to defer, and Denver had to pay 75% of that immediately, so Denver paid Elway and Davis immediately. They also owed the NFL $303,000 to the deferred compensation fund of which the Broncos were unaware. After learning about this, the money was paid (with $663,000 in interest) and that was that.

In a memo from the NFL to the Broncos, they ruled that this violation was unrelated to the salary cap, that it did not give the Broncos a competitive advantage, and that the Broncos did not make a deliberate attempt to break league rules regarding deferred compensation obligations. However, they still were stripped of a third round pick, as is the normal punishment for this kind of thing.

ampere

Now that I think about it, Danny Amendola's big 2014 postseason may have made that contract worth it for the Pats.

Yeah when you win a SB it's like... well it was all worth it even if some players didn't pan out

Danny's whole awful 2013 doesn't matter now. Was worried he'd always just be hurt

JABEE

The Bo Jackson 30 for 30 makes me feel old and sad.

If Bo was around today, he probably would have been able to get hip surgery and continue his career. Weird looking back and thinking how much something like ACL reconstruction surgeries have changed the entire sporting world.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I've decided to get into a sober living home and start attending AA meetings with the support of some friends. I'm going to be 27 soon and looking back at the last 10 years I can't help but look at all the time, relationships and money I've squandered because of alcohol and prescription drug abuse.

I don't know why it took this long to realize but I can't have just one drink. I have to have more and more until I pass out. Even mixing them with prescription meds I honestly don't know how I survived considering how much I was mixing.

"It was fun and games at the time, but it's a serious problem and you need to get control" is what one of my best friends told me today. Looking back it wasn't fun, just me trying to mask pains, regret and anxiety we all go through. My brief stint in Michigan, Oklahoma and back in California I was mostly sober but even then I couldn't help myself but to leave my uncles house, grab an Uber to watch the Cardinals/Lions game only to have a $60 tab of just beer to myself and go back to my uncles pad smashed. Being a Lions fan certaintly doesn't help but in all seriousness I should've just saved that $60, stayed at my uncles and ordered pizza instead. Or spent that money on a videogame like I used to. It's gotten to the point where I can't enjoy things I used to without the presence of alcohol or pills.

Getting the hell out of Long Beach (back to Murrieta/Temecula), focusing on improving myself, family and not squandering the opportunities I have with work. Even with work I have to regain the trust of family as someone who won't show up to work hungover and not fully committed to the job.

Took a lot for me to post this but through thick, thin and Matthew Stafford chiseled I've always found refuge in NFLGAF, and GAF, as a whole.

Restore the Roar.

I've decided to get into a sober living home and start attending AA meetings with the support of some friends. I'm going to be 27 soon and looking back at the last 10 years I can't help but look at all the time, relationships and money I've squandered because of alcohol and prescription drug abuse.

I don't know why it took this long to realize but I can't have just one drink. I have to have more and more until I pass out. Even mixing them with prescription meds I honestly don't know how I survived considering how much I was mixing.

"It was fun and games at the time, but it's a serious problem and you need to get control" is what one of my best friends told me today. Looking back it wasn't fun, just me trying to mask pains, regret and anxiety we all go through. My brief stint in Michigan, Oklahoma and back in California I was mostly sober but even then I couldn't help myself but to leave my uncles house, grab an Uber to watch the Cardinals/Lions game only to have a $60 tab of just beer to myself and go back to my uncles pad smashed. Being a Lions fan certaintly doesn't help but in all seriousness I should've just saved that $60, stayed at my uncles and ordered pizza instead. Or spent that money on a videogame like I used to. It's gotten to the point where I can't enjoy things I used to without the presence of alcohol or pills.

Getting the hell out of Long Beach (back to Murrieta/Temecula), focusing on improving myself, family and not squandering the opportunities I have with work. Even with work I have to regain the trust of family as someone who won't show up to work hungover and not fully committed to the job.

Took a lot for me to post this but through thick, thin and Matthew Stafford chiseled I've always found refuge in NFLGAF, and GAF, as a whole.

Restore the Roar.

Good luck brother

Respect

What does it do?

Cheapest way to play Vita games, can also play older gen games, think you can stream your PS4 to another TV set, has access to some apps (Netflix isn't one of them unfortunately).

EDIT: Would also need a controller if you don't have one, but there is a bundle that includes one. That bundle will also be on sale, not sure how much though.

bionic77

Cheapest way to play Vita games, can also play older gen games, think you can stream your PS4 to another TV set, has access to some apps (Netflix isn't one of them unfortunately).
So it lets me play Vita games on my tv with a DS4?

Is that via the Sony streaming service or can I own a digital copy for Vita and PS3 and older games? For the price I have to assume this is all streaming crap.

Is that via the Sony streaming service or can I own a digital copy for Vita and PS3 and older games? For the price I have to assume this is all streaming crap.
It's not streaming, it has a Vita card slot and can also download and play digital Vita games. It can also play digital PSP games. The main issue is a lot of games aren't compatible with it for whatever reason, some of which don't make a lot of sense. Here is a compatibility list:

https://support.us.playstation.com/...d/5376/~/games-compatible-with-playstation-tv

You can also use it to play your PS4 on a TV other than the one it's hooked up to through streaming. I would imagine there is some input lag with this feature, though, and it can only stream at 720p/30 fps.

It's a really weird device but I can see where it would be cool for certain applications. Seems like a good way to play Persona 4 Golden on a TV if nothing else.

EDIT: Good post from that thread: http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151879982&postcount=513

Respect

DS4 does work with a firmware update from last year, but it looks like it isn't every vita game, here is a link to the list of games:

https://support.us.playstation.com/...d/5376/~/games-compatible-with-playstation-tv

I believe it plays both the physical games and digital downloads (if they are compatible with ps tv). You would need a memory card for it though.

Colasante

Good luck, Kas. Be well.

Now that I think about it, Danny Amendola's big 2014 postseason may have made that contract worth it for the Pats.

Almost. I want him back, which I wouldn't have said prior to week 16, but not at that salary. He'll take a pay cut or be cut.

bionic77

It's not streaming, it has a Vita card slot and can also download and play digital Vita games. It can also play digital PSP games. The main issue is a lot of games aren't compatible with it for whatever reason, some of which don't make a lot of sense. Here is a compatibility list:

You can also use it to play your PS4 on a TV other than the one it's hooked up to through streaming. I would imagine there is some input lag with this feature, though, and it can only stream at 720p/30 fps.

It's a really weird device but I can see where it would be cool for certain applications. Seems like a good way to play Persona 4 Golden on a TV if nothing else.

EDIT: Good post from that thread: http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151879982&postcount=513
Eh. I think I will pass.

There is something different about playing portable games that I think you lose when you play them on a tv.

ShaneB

Take care of yourself Kas. Hope you get better soon.The strongest man is the one who knows when to ask for help. Advice I should take myself I suppose.

Top Bottom