• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Do you think he'll retire or want to come back and have physical issues?

Or come back healthy
Obviously healthy. Thing is it's taking too damn long.

Look at this kid. He's hungry but Peypey is blocking his ass.

brock.gif

ampere

I guess March 9th is the deadline, but at least he isn't pulling a Favre so far

I think Peyton is too obsessed with football to quit until he fails a physical. Then I figure he gets into coaching

Nintendo hardware strikes again! Totally worth it for the games, though.

Did you pick up Majora's Mask? Personally I don't see myself upgrading to a New 3DS XL from my original XL anytime soon, I've already played Xenoblade and Majora's Mask so it seems like a pretty pointless upgrade. Maybe if I got into Monster Hunter 4 but I don't know if I'm willing to mess with that time-sink.
The only reason I got one is because I have a regular ass 3ds so even if we did have the option I was getting the XL version.

zychi

Banned
Didn't manage to grab one of the 3ds mm xls at Target :/ Got there too late and they gave out tickets.

BUT I did manage to sell one of the two of my LE versions of the game for $200 to a guy in line, and now I have enough money to buy a new 3ds if i decide to. I think I'm just going to buy a graphic thing and throw it on my xl so it looks like the n3ds xl.

Godslay

Banned
Some rumors floating around Manning will be cut and resigned in order to get out of current contract and save the team some money.

Wonder if it happens? I doubt it but would be interesting.

ampere

No way Manning wouldn't see that as a slap in the face.

He should be willing to do a team friendly deal. An old head with lots of money chasing rings

I'm sure he could sign somewhere for a lucrative short term deal, but I think he should drop his price

Yeah he's crazy, even just balancing that one handed would be hard

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Some rumors floating around Manning will be cut and resigned in order to get out of current contract and save the team some money.

Why would he take a paycut?

There are like a dozen teams that want a QB, including a bunch that would be more likely to win a SB instead of Denver. Any of those teams would give him that money and then some.

Godslay

Banned
No way Manning wouldn't see that as a slap in the face.

Possibly.

It's all rumor at this point, but it makes sense if he doesn't want to start over and have a good team behind him.

I guess I don't know if it's even possible in terms of being able to cut and immediately resign a player. I don't know the rules behind it.

Why would he take a paycut?

There are like a dozen teams that want a QB, including a bunch that would be more likely to win a SB instead of Denver. Any of those teams would give him that money and then some.

I'm curious what teams would be more likely to carry him? Maybe Arizona? Probably not though.

The only benefit of him taking a hair cut is to further stack the team around him.

Like I said it's just rumors.

jakncoke

Banned
overthecap has you saving 16.5 if you cut him pre june 1st, i guess he could take a team friendly deal and try and get 1 last ring.

Bread

Banned
I'm glad us Patsies don't have to worry about qb controversies. We've got a guy who revolutionized the modern deep ball and he's here to stay!

ampere

I'm curious what teams would be more likely to carry him? Maybe Arizona? Probably not though.

That would actually be an interesting combo, though I do not actually expect it or anything. Arizona with a stable QB could be a real threat to Seattle

My dream: once peyton and Brady retire they both become coaches. That way their rivalry lives on for another 30 years.

Tom has the mind for it, but I don't know if he'll end up coaching. I can't see Peyton not coaching though.

I'm glad us Patsies don't have to worry about qb controversies. We've got a guy who revolutionized the modern deep ball and he's here to stay!

Glad you see my point!!

zychi

Banned
That would actually be an interesting combo, though I do not actually expect it or anything. Arizona with a stable QB could be a real threat to Seattle

Tom has the mind for it, but I don't know if he'll end up coaching. I can't see Peyton not coaching though.

Glad you see my point!!
I think Peyton may end up higher up than coaching. Like Elway, or the owner of the Titans.

Colasante

Patriots offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo on Nate Solder:

“A lot of times we turn the protection right, we don’t turn it left,” DeGuglielmo said. “He’s out there and he’s done a great job holding up. There are times where, listen, you have to tell him he’s one of the elite. And I believe he is. I believe he’s one of the best left tackles in the NFL. And I see enough tape in film study to know what I’m talking about in that regard. I wouldn’t trade him for another left tackle in the league, I really wouldn’t. I mean the only guy, and I’ve told him this, that is in his league in my opinion with the combination of skills and movement and power is Tyron Smith in Dallas. I don’t want to hear about [Denver’s Ryan] Clady, [Cleveland’s] Joe Thomas, I don’t want to hear about any of them. [Eagles’ Jason] Peters is sloppy. I’d take Nate Solder over all those guys, and I’ve told him that.” The Patriots picked up Solder’s fifth-year option as a first-round pick. The $7.4 million for 2015 becomes guaranteed on March 10.

Suck it, Solder-haters!
That being said, I'd trade him for Joe Thomas in a second.

I doubt it too, but it totally should happen. I mean he said he didn't want to make more than Brady, so man up and race to the bottom!

ShaneB

Latest DDFP episode goes completely off the rails so much, even more than normal, and it's hilarious. Nice listen on a day where I needed a pick me up.

Tom Penny

We all know who has really revolutionized the modern deep ball.....

I don't know if you all even realize that this is the modern passing game.

Russell is apparently trying to emulate Flacco's revolutionary style of primarily moving the ball by throwing 1 one 1 jump balls so watch the throne..

Bowser

Latest DDFP episode goes completely off the rails so much, even more than normal, and it's hilarious. Nice listen on a day where I needed a pick me up.

Around the NFL, DDFP, and Move the Sticks: NFL Podcast Triumvirate

Grantland NFL Podcast a notch below...kinda dry and boring honestly.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Need to change DPI to a 15 yard penalty or to be reviewable. Biggest rule in need of a change out of everything right now.

Top Bottom