• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Syrinx

Man, my memory is hazy. Yeah, why not talk about Carr?
I think there's a sense that Carr is pretty much who we thought he was this time last year, during the draft, at the start of the season, etc. Whereas with Bridgewater he had his bad pro day and fell in the draft. And then during the season there was a collective light bulb going off saying "Oh right, Bridgewater can fucking play".

If that makes sense.

Colasante

From Jeff Howe:

"On Dominique Easley, everything is going according to plan. No surgeries or setbacks. Just strengthening the knee for a full run of OTAs.
That was the plan all along when the Pats IR'd Easley in December: Focus everything on 2015. That's how it has progressed to this point."

That's good news. It'll be like the Patriots are getting an additional 1st round pick if Easley can contribute more this season.

The funny thing about the Browns not drafting Bridgewater is that they did expensive studies to determine who the best quarterback in the draft was, the tests told them it was Bridgewater, then they chose Manziel anyway.

The story is that Farmer had a big board in his office, and in giant, bold letters his QB evals were the center of the board. And listing he had "1. CARR (a better fit for the offense Shanny wanted to run) 2. BRIDGEWATER 3. MANZIEL

They hired an outside independent scouting team, they told them to take Teddy or Carr, they brought every single scout they had into the meetings, every single one, to a man, told them to take Bridgewater or Carr.

But Jimmy wanted Johnny, and that was all there is too it.

We have one QB on the roster right now.

One.

We need a guy just to hold the clip-board.

Bread

Banned
From Jeff Howe:

"On Dominique Easley, everything is going according to plan. No surgeries or setbacks. Just strengthening the knee for a full run of OTAs.
That was the plan all along when the Pats IR'd Easley in December: Focus everything on 2015. That's how it has progressed to this point."

That's good news. It'll be like the Patriots are getting an additional 1st round pick if Easley can contribute more this season.
Man I really hope he pans out. We haven't had a solid interior pass rush in a while.

MechDX

The story is that Farmer had a big board in his office, and in giant, bold letters his QB evals were the center of the board. And listing he had "1. CARR (a better fit for the offense Shanny wanted to run) 2. BRIDGEWATER 3. MANZIEL

They hired an outside independent scouting team, they told them to take Teddy or Carr, they brought every single scout they had into the meetings, every single one, to a man, told them to take Bridgewater or Carr.

But Jimmy wanted Johnny, and that was all there is too it.

We have one QB on the roster right now.

One.

We need a guy just to hold the clip-board

I laughed harder than I should have at this. Good work.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Carr was the 4th QB taken in the 2014 draft.

He also threw for over 3000 yards and 21 TDs

:Kas

Don't even compare Carr to Stafford. I actually like Carr, and liked him coming out of college, but at the end of the day in terms of physical ability to throw a football only Aaron Rodgers comes close in this day and age. Stafford is 27, Rodgers will be 32. Manning, Brees and Brady used to have those arms. Cutler does as well but his head isn't their like it is with the ones I mentioned.

And I still stand by opinion Andrew Luck is great, but overrated, and his throwing motion, delivery, overall appearance and tone of voice is awkward and goofy as fuck. He's lucky to be playing in the AFC South.

How the city of Indianapolis in the Midwest got lumped in the South I still don't understand but he's not as good as the media hypes him up to be.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
My favorite story a couple seasons back was the inside source from the Jags saying everyone on the team called Gabbert "Blame" Gabbert.

So petty.

cmt-medium.gif

So "The Judge" was damn good. Downey and Duvall carry it the whole way through and keep you invested. Farmiga looked pretty nice with some weight on her. Cinematography was beautiful. The whole movie was better than it had any reason to be given the concept.

So "The Judge" was damn good. Downey and Duvall carry it the whole way through and keep you invested. Farmiga looked pretty nice with some weight on her. Cinematography was beautiful. The whole movie was better than it had any reason to be given the concept.

Don't leave out that it's absolutely gut wrenching and depressing.

eznark

Banned

Yup, awesome performances. I thought Farmiga was the worst part of the movie by far. Just bizarre portrayal.

Yup, awesome performances. I thought Farmiga was the worst part of the movie by far. Just bizarre portrayal.
The scene between
Downey Jr. and Duvall in the storm
was powerful stuff. DJ has been playing a variation of Tony Stark in some of his more recent performances and he started out that way in this one but as it moves along he really brings it when it matters. That's one of those scenes.

Don't leave out that it's absolutely gut wrenching and depressing.
Gut wrenching at times, yeah. I didn't find it depressing though. If anything I thought it was kind of uplifting by the end.

EDIT: Not sure if this was posted:

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 8m8 minutes ago
The Packers have cut Brandon Bostick. Wouldn't immediately connect the dots here, though.

Also:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 12m12 minutes ago
Colts announce that LB Shaun Phillips has been released.

MechDX

Doesn't it have to be Wilson? Colts have the 5th year option for Luck, right?

Yes but the Colts have the cap space available now. Wouldn't it be easier to build up the roster knowing how much your QB will be making?

Wilson could also drive the price up for Luck.

Don't even compare Carr to Stafford. I actually like Carr, and liked him coming out of college, but at the end of the day in terms of physical ability to throw a football only Aaron Rodgers comes close in this day and age. Stafford is 27, Rodgers will be 32. Manning, Brees and Brady used to have those arms. Cutler does as well but his head isn't their like it is with the ones I mentioned.

And I still stand by opinion Andrew Luck is great, but overrated, and his throwing motion, delivery, overall appearance and tone of voice is awkward and goofy as fuck. He's lucky to be playing in the AFC South.

How the city of Indianapolis in the Midwest got lumped in the South I still don't understand but he's not as good as the media hypes him up to be.

Why does luck have playoff wins and Stafford doesnt? By your own admission Stafford is the benefactor of an incredible defense and fantastic playmakers on offense

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Go back to rehab kas

I'm not going to rehab you facetious fuck. Rehab is a waste of time and money, unless you're detoxing, which I'm not, and understand what the problem is.

Partying is tiresome and alcohol and drugs have been impeding me the last 10 years from enjoying and succeeding like a phantom pass interference call that ruins your Super Bowl chances.

MechDX

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL · 12m12 minutes ago
#Texans CB Kareem Jackson (@ReemBoi25): Very anxious but Rick Smith has been in contact with my agent & they want to get it done before FA.

Rick & BOB doing work

Top Bottom