• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

RBH

Chargers have a message for the mayor of San Diego:

In addition, we would like to take a moment to describe the situation now facing the Chargers franchise.

• The Los Angeles and Orange County market has been without an NFL team for 20 years.
  • Over those two decades the Chargers have worked diligently to win fans and business partners in the LA/Orange County market.
  • And the Chargers have succeeded. Now, fully 25 percent of the Chargers’ season ticket base comes from the LA/Orange County market (along with the Inland Empire).
  • If another team – or two other teams – enters the LA/Orange County markets, most of that Chargers’ business there will disappear.
  • This will put the Chargers at a significant competitive economic disadvantage.
  • Simply put, it would not be fair to the Chargers – a team that has worked for 14 years to find a stadium solution in San Diego County – to allow other teams that themselves abandoned the LA market to now return and gut the Chargers’ local revenue stream.
  • The Chargers are continuing to work hard to find a solution in San Diego.
  • But we also want to be clear with this Task Force right at the outset: We are keeping a close eye on developments in LA. We do not have a choice but to also monitor and evaluate our options there. Simply put, it would be irresponsible for the Chargers not to be taking every possible step to protect the future of the franchise.
http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/02/16/chargers-remarks-mayors-stadium-task-force

MRSA

Banned
I found my next purchase.

minipresso-1.jpg

Arc

Then the Chargers need to pony up some dough too. I get it that Qualcomm is a shithole, but that owner is cheap as fuck.

Let's just get this LA relocation over with. It's so shitty that teams are holding that over their cities as a threat to get public funding.

But I guess all owners can't be like the Krafts and finance a stadium without public funds!

Rorschach

Over those two decades the Chargers have worked diligently to win fans and business partners in the LA/Orange County market.
You should have worked diligently at keeping your fanbase in SD. No reason that a Texans/Chargers game should feel like a home game for the Texans in San Diego. If I was the mayor, and read that statement, I'd tell them to fuck off and leave if everything is already in place and they've been planning it for decades. Knowing full well that they're full of shit.

That supposed LA stadium is just being used as a bargaining chip for everyone to get their own contracts/stadiums/upgrades. It's been used for the last decade at least. Chargers are crazy if they think anyone is going to buy the lie that LA is a Chargers town already. And bandwagonners aren't going to jump ship to a team that can't even make the playoffs.

JABEE

As somebody who does not follow NBA...when the fuck did the Knicks fall behind the fucking Sixers?
The NBA has given the Knicks permission to outtank the Sixers. Carmelo is going to sit out the rest of the season, but they let him play in the All Star game!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The NBA has given the Knicks permission to outtank the Sixers. Carmelo is going to sit out the rest of the season, but they let him play in the All Star game!

I really hope the Pelicans or Suns get the #1 pick this year just to stick it to these tanking teams.

Syrinx

So is there anyone these NBA teams are tanking for in particular? Last year there was at least Wiggins and Parker, and in the NHL there's McDavid and Eichel this year.

You should have worked diligently at keeping your fanbase in SD. No reason that a Texans/Chargers game should feel like a home game for the Texans in San Diego. If I was the mayor, and read that statement, I'd tell them to fuck off and leave if everything is already in place and they've been planning it for decades. Knowing full well that they're full of shit.

That supposed LA stadium is just being used as a bargaining chip for everyone to get their own contracts/stadiums/upgrades. It's been used for the last decade at least. Chargers are crazy if they think anyone is going to buy the lie that LA is a Chargers town already. And bandwagonners aren't going to jump ship to a team that can't even make the playoffs.

Kroenke's the guy behind the LA stadium. He owns the Rams, loves LA, and has been trying to get a stadium there for years. The whole reason that statement's a thing is because the stadium's now a vote away from being approved for building, and the second that happens and it passes the Rams at least (it's been assumed for the last 2 years that LA's getting multiple teams) are likely starting "farewell season in St Louis" prep.

JABEE

So is there anyone these NBA teams are tanking for in particular? Last year there was at least Wiggins and Parker, and in the NHL there's McDavid and Eichel this year.
Okafor.

In the NHL, teams are tanking for McDavid. He's going to be so good. McDavid is a generational talent.

Top Bottom