• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

bionic77

HERE COME THE PEYTON EXCUSES

This is Favre 2.0. Guy is doing everything possible to tarnish his legacy.
His legacy is being one of the better qb's of all time.

The fact that he is old and broken now doesn't change that.

Neither will winning a SB next season make up for many, many choke jobs.

His WRs sucked through and through, Streater would've helped but the guy was just reluctant to push the ball downfield unless he saw a blown coverage. Noodle arm Peypey was pushing the ball downfield yesterday because the D was taking away the underneath and screens. Carr wouldn't of done that.

Sparano has always been known as a player's coach, he's loved everywhere he goes. He allowed the Raiders to be blown out 52-0, that's just pathetic. Can't blame it on the defense if they're out on the field all day. Everyone blames Olson but its not like Sparano couldn't call plays (Lol Sparano as OC). If it really is between Sparano and Del Rio, Del Rio is head and shoulders above Sparano.

Everytime he forced it, he came up with a turnover. That wouldn't have been a better result. He protected the ball very well and limited negative plays. Sacked very rarely and threw only 13 ints on nearly 600 attempts. His rookie numbers are very close to Lucks, just less ints and sacks. It's true once or twice a game he missed or didn't see an open guy downfield or made a bad decision, but overall he played very well for a rookie on a shit team in a bad situation.

If we can get him a no.1 receiver and a running game, I think we'll see him take the next step next year.

tumblr_nho8wi4kSR1qlmfquo2_500.gif

DM can't beat me in sports sadness.

Sure he can be a TMac fan, but go back and see which team drafted him and which team he left high and dry when we could have had something good.

After some consideration, I'm going to stand with my original decision.

Kave is the King of Sport Sadness

Jack Del Rio is a good HC. His Jaguars' team always played hard despite an awful front office. These are the 1st round picks while in Jacksonville

2003 - Byron Leftwich - He wasn't horrible
2004 - Reggie Williams - celebrated 1 yard receptions
2005 - Matt Jones - crack
2006 - Marcedes Lewis - better blocker than receiver, now can't stay healthy
2007 - Reggie Nelson
2008 - Derrick Harvey - the team traded their 1st, 2 3rds and 4th round picks to draft this guy
2009 - Eugene Monroe
2010 - Tyson Alualu - serviceable backup
2011 - Blaine Gabbert - Jaguars traded up for Gabbert, while JJ Watt went right after this pick
2012 - Justin Blackmon - The best player on this list can't stay on the field due to pot

He did check out that last year, but that was because everyone knew the team was going to be sold and he was on his way out and he also had Gabbert as his QB.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
There are no excuses. If he knew he had this injury and decided to hide it along with the Broncos organization in order to keep playing, then he's every bit as culpable. Not that it was some big secret that something was wrong.

Exactly.

They could have won some games with Brock at the helm and had him rest his injuries. They were already in the playoffs at that point and if they have to win one extra game to get to the AFCC, then so be it.

I'm not giving Peyton a pass with a quad injury. He said his quad felt better and his first long bomb to Julius went just fine. He just got beat.

That said, I don't think the Broncos had much of an alternative. Osweiler had a short chance against the Chargers to show that he was at least competent, and he blew it.

Fox318

Jack Del Rio is a good HC. His Jaguars' team always played hard despite an awful front office. These are the 1st round picks while in Jacksonville

2003 - Byron Leftwich - He wasn't horrible
2004 - Reggie Williams - celebrated 1 yard receptions
2005 - Matt Jones - crack
2006 - Marcedes Lewis - better blocker than receiver, now can't stay healthy
2007 - Reggie Nelson
2008 - Derrick Harvey - the team traded their 1st, 2 3rds and 4th round picks to draft this guy
2009 - Eugene Monroe
2010 - Tyson Alualu - serviceable backup
2011 - Blaine Gabbert - Jaguars traded up for Gabbert, while JJ Watt went right after this pick
2012 - Justin Blackmon - The best player on this list can't stay on the field due to pot

He did check out that last year, but that was because everyone knew the team was going to be sold and he was on his way out and he also had Gabbert as his QB.
Don't forget drafting a punter over Russel Wilson

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 2m2 minutes ago
Greg Roman has finalized deal to become @buffalobills offensive coordinator, source tells @NFLonFOX. Officially signing Tuesday in Buffalo

Soon to be official for the Bills.

Fox318

True story: Texans contacted the Broncos about Osweilers availability in a trade during the off season. Broncos declined

BOB likes his QBs tall.

most gms do. Thats all they care about is the body.

Its why a pro bowl TE like Cam Newton gets a job as qb.

MechDX

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer · 2m2 minutes ago
I reported on FOX Sat. AND Sun Peyton Manning actually had injuries to BOTH quads - strain (or partial tear) in one & deep bruise in other

Damn. Peyton is literally falling apart

KingGondo

Banned

Really hope JB can get back on the field and realize his potential. He's a fucking beast.

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna · 14m 14 minutes ago

Also informed that Jack Del Rio is very well liked and favored candidate of John Madden who has helped in coaching search. #raiders

It's happening.

Wonder if Denver will hire Dennis Allen as DC now. Would be kind of funny.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I reported on FOX Sat. AND Sun Peyton Manning actually had injuries to BOTH quads - strain (or partial tear) in one & deep bruise in other

Welp, time to call up that cybernetics clinic that fused his neck back together.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Yeah but he'll be our falling apart QB.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just vomited looking at the Browns first round picks since I became a fan.

8 draft picks:

2 studs (Haden, Mack)
2 solid/okay guys (Phil Taylor, Barkevious Mingo)
2 flat out busts! (Trent Truck, Weeden)
2 too early to say but we know where it's trending (Gilbert, Manziel)

Needless to say this is a very crucial draft once again for the Brownies and really I don't feel positive about it.

Draxal

8 draft picks:

2 studs (Haden, Mack)

Needless to say this is a very crucial draft once again for the Brownies and really I don't feel positive about it.

Just avoid Gondo like the plague and you should be good.

Nah, that report was bogus. Peyton even addressed it in the postgame, saying he had heard about it but that it wasn't true, it was just the one leg injury.

MechDX

8 draft picks:

2 studs (Haden, Mack)

If I were a browns fan I would be in futility mode:

1. The past two times I have spoken to owner Jimmy Haslam, he has used the word “continuity” several times in each conversation. If he used it once, he used it 10 times.

2. Haslam has owned the team for 27 months. In that time, the Browns have had three head coaches and 53 assistant coaches—soon to be 56, when the Browns hire a new offensive coordinator, quarterbacks coach and wide receivers coach.

3. When Haslam bought the team in October 2012, the offensive coordinator was Brad Childress. In 2013 the offensive coordinator was Norv Turner. In 2014 the offensive coordinator was Kyle Shanahan. In 2015, the offensive coordinator will be someone new, in the wake of Shanahan’s resignation last week.

If I were that new coordinator, I’d rent. I might rent month to month, actually

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/12/nfl-p...ant-replay-catch-peyton-manning-retirement/3/

8 draft picks:

2 studs (Haden, Mack)

It's the same deal for most teams.

tmdorsey

It's being talked about on Atlanta radio that Ryan wanted more control over draft and personnel and that's what lead to the hesitation from the Falcons. Fucking Dimitroff. I still don't understand why Blank felt the need to keep him around.

I hope we go ahead and offer Bowles the job he's supposedly scheduled to come in for a second interview.

Jarnet87

It's the same deal for most teams.

yeah even the good teams miss on a fair share of 1st round picks.

My Bucs look real smart over the last 10 years

04 - Michael Clayton
05- Cadillac Williams
06- Davin Joseph
07- Gaines Adams
08- Aqib Talib
09- Josh Freeman
10- Gerald McCoy
11- Adrian Clayborn
12- Mark Barron, Doug Martin
13- Traded for Revis
14- Mike Evans.

Bunch of awful picks, and then the ones one who turned out decent weren't retained for very long. McCoy will probably be a franchise guy at least.

Lubricus

Saw an interesting site, www.statista.com. They had average NFL careers in a graph.

The statistic depicts the average length of a player's career in the National Football League, considering different aspects influencing the length of a playing career. According to the NFL Players Association the average career length is about 3.3 years. The NFL claims that the average career is about 6 years (for players who make a club's opening day roster in their rookie season).

Players with at least one Pro Bowl appearance/selection- 11.7 years
First round draft picks- 9.3 years.
Player with at least three pension-credited seasons- 7.1 years.
Player who makes a club's opening day roster in their rookie year- 6 years
Average career of a NFL player- 3 years.
Quarterbacks- 4.44 years
Cornerbacks-2.94 years
Wide receivers- 2.81 years
Running backs- 2.57 years
http://www.statista.com/statistics/240102/average-player-career-length-in-the-national-football-league/

Man God

Non-Canon Member

8 draft picks:

2 studs (Haden, Mack)

Someone messaged me that none of the various picks made because of Trent Truck worked out. All busts.

Lately they haven't found those 1st round studs though. Hit a few in the back half of the draft, so who cares.

Eh, where Steelers are really missing are the 2nd and third rounds. That's where they used to find all of those linebacking studs that played for 2-3 contracts. They no longer have the luxury of being one of a handful of 3-4 teams so those guys go fast now.

Top Bottom