• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

LJ11

Eh, where Steelers are really missing are the 2nd and third rounds. That's where they used to find all of those linebacking studs that played for 2-3 contracts. They no longer have the luxury of being one of a handful of 3-4 teams so those guys go fast now.

No more Aaron Smith or Keisiels via the draft, but there better at drafting on the O side of the ball, especially at WR. More than anything they probably lost scouts to other teams, still finding those WRs though.

Giants last 10 years worth of first rounders:

2005 - Traded to the Chargers for Eli
2006 - Mathias Kiwanuka
2007 - Aaron Ross
2008 - Kenny Phillips
2009 - Hakeem Nicks
2010 - Jason Pierre Paul
2011 - Prince Amukamara
2012 - David Wilson
2013 - Justin Pugh
2014 - Odell Beckham Jr.

We got about as much as we could out of these picks, IMO. Aaron Ross is likely the worst of the bunch and he still played key roles for us in both the 2007 and 2011 SB wins. Injuries haven't been kind to us either. Phillips career was cut short due to an arthritic knee and David Wilson's neck cost us that pick.

The 3rd and 4th rounds are Jerry Reese kryptonite. These last two seasons with Jay Bromley, Andre Williams and Demontre Moore are looking up though.

Jarnet87

Bucs Fan ‏@TBBucs4Life 4s
Raheem Morris deserves another shot as HC, the Falcons are the perfect team! #Raheem4FalconsHC

I thought he did a mediocre job in Tampa. He can only be judged on his first two seasons IMO as the entire team gave up on him in his 3rd season. He also got zero help from the front office as we spent no money, and then a year later after we fire him we go out and spend a shit ton.

Brock Osweiler ain't sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Everybody always likes to prop up these backups who have been sitting on the bench for years and they almost always don't amount to shit. He's another Ryan mallet.

Fox318

Brock Osweiler ain't sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Everybody always likes to prop up these backups who have been sitting on the bench for years and they almost always don't amount to shit. He's another Ryan mallet.

But he is tall.

That's all you need to be an NFL qb according to most GM's.

gutshot

You think he starts week 1 for us?

I doubt he would be anointed starter upon his selection, I'm sure Chip would talk about how they aren't going to just give a guy a starting job, he has to earn it, blah blah blah. But I would be surprised if he didn't end up starting week 1.

Mindlog

Bucs Fan ‏@TBBucs4Life 4s
Raheem Morris deserves another shot as HC, the Falcons are the perfect team! #Raheem4FalconsHC
Damn right.
zMvnwxU.jpg

However, we need to hold off on any more posts in this thread. We don't belong. The Bucs have a playoff game tonight
hcRd45C.gif

MechDX

Yep. teams should sacrifice two years worth of draft picks to secure that franchise guy

zychi

Banned
HERE COME THE PEYTON EXCUSES

This is Favre 2.0. Guy is doing everything possible to tarnish his legacy.

Romo played with a surgically repaired back, broken ribs, beat up knees, and got fucked over by a dumb rule that will be changed this offseason.

Pey pey's leg being sore gets no sympathy from me when he has that great team around him.

Chris Canty might retire. Solid piece of that Ravens defense. Played for the Giants for a number of years and brought some great play when healthy. Another piece to that 2011 Super Bowl team.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/1/1...anty-might-retire-per-report-baltimore-ravens

I read that as Chris Conte and got excited :(

steelers last 11 first rounders

Troy Polamalu
Ben Roethlisberger
Heath Miller
Santonio Holmes
Lawrence Timmons
Rashard Mendenhall
Ziggy Hood
Maurkice Pouncey
Cameron Heyward
David Decastro
Jarvis Jones
Ryan Shazier

Jarvis and Shazier are a work is progress for obvious reasons. Almost everyone else was a slam dunk (and I contend that Mendenhall wasn't used properly - he could have been Le'Veon Bell before Le'Veon Bell). The worst pick on that list was Ziggy Hood, who was a high effort guy who just did not fit what the Steelers did on the D Line. Still gave us some good seasons

tmdorsey

I thought he did a mediocre job in Tampa. He can only be judged on his first two seasons IMO as the entire team gave up on him in his 3rd season. He also got zero help from the front office as we spent no money, and then a year later after we fire him we go out and spend a shit ton.

That's just SNES joking around showing his love for the Falcons. Love you too SNES!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
No more Aaron Smith or Keisiels via the draft, but there better at drafting on the O side of the ball, especially at WR. More than anything they probably lost scouts to other teams, still finding those WRs though.

I think that Tuitt/Heyward will be a much better combo than Smith/Keisel, but they cost a first and a second, so they should be. I wouldn't lose sight of 6th rounder, Dan McCullers, either. They need to scout some damned secondary players.

ShaneB

Numbers. From http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/2014-NFL-TV-Ratings-Recap/2638f637-5fae-4e89-afd9-8a0da6135588

The NFL continues to dominate TV ratings

The 2014 NFL season had it all. Close games, come-from-behind victories and record-breaking performances had fans tuning into NFL games. According to The Nielsen Company, the 2014 regular season reached 202.3 million unique viewers, representing 80 percent of all television homes and 68% percent of potential viewers in the U.S.
•45 of 50 MOST-WATCHED SHOWS THIS FALL
•THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL VIEWERSHIP UP 53%
•THIRD CONSECUTIVE YEAR: NFL GAME TV’S MOST-WATCHED SHOW ALL 17 WEEKS

The 2014 NFL Regular Season averaged 17.6 million viewers per game telecast, making it the second most-watched season ever behind the 2010 season (17.9 million).

NFL games accounted for the top 20, and 45 of the 50 most-watched TV shows among all programming last fall (chart below).

Five NFL game telecasts this season were watched by at least 29 million viewers, up from just one in the 2013 season.

For the third consecutive year, an NFL game was the week’s most-watched TV show in all 17 weeks of the season. In addition, at least two NFL games were the week’s most-watched TV shows in 16 weeks of the season (chart below).

NFL games on broadcast television nearly tripled broadcast primetime viewership. NFL games on CBS, FOX and NBC averaged 19.2 million viewers – 162% percent higher than the average primetime viewership among the four major over-the-air networks (7.4 million average on ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC).

Over the past decade, average viewership of NFL games on broadcast television has increased 25% from 15.4 million in 2004 to 19.2 million in 2014.

More 2014 NFL TV highlights:
•NBC’s Sunday Night Football ranked as the most-watched primetime program for the fifth consecutive fall season averaging 21.3 million viewers. The Week 15 SNF game (Cowboys-Eagles) was the most-watched primetime game of the season with an average of 24.3 million viewers.
•In its first year simulcast on CBS and NFL Network, Thursday Night Football saw huge gains, with total viewership up 53% from last season and 69% since 2012.
•FOX’s Thanksgiving Day Game (Eagles-Cowboys) was the most-watched show of the fall season with 32.0 million viewers, and the 2014 Thanksgiving Day average of 28.4 million viewers was the highest Thanksgiving Day average since 1998 (29.7 million for Steelers-Lions and Vikings-Cowboys).
•The Week 8 Redskins-Cowboys game on ESPN averaged 18.8 million viewers, making it the most-watched Monday Night Football game since 2010 and the fourth most-watched Monday Night Football game on ESPN of all time.
•NFL games accounted for the top 38 and 48 of the 50 most-watched telecasts (since Sept. 4) among adults aged 18-49 – with CBS, FOX, ESPN and NBC each represented on that list.

NFL game telecasts topped weekly TV viewership charts in each of the season’s 17 weeks.

Bowser

Take with a grain of salt, but former Panthers GM Marty Hurney, who is still close with John Fox, said this:

Bobby Rosinski @BobbyRosinski · 13m 13 minutes ago
Hurney just now said he thinks John Fox ends up coach of the Bears

LJ11

Make or break year for Jarvis Jones, dude is looking like a bust, I forgot he was even on the Steelers. You never know with DEs, light comes on sometimes later than you expect.

Bowser

I think one of the Falcons or Jets is going to snap up Todd Bowles or Teryl Austin rather than wait until potentially after the Super Bowl for Quinn. Can't risk getting left at the alter.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 3m3 minutes ago
RT @gerrydulac: Dick LeBeau has talked w Bruce Arians about possibly joining Arizona Cardinals staff.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Make or break year for Jarvis Jones, dude is looking like a bust, I forgot he was even on the Steelers. You never know with DEs, light comes on sometimes later than you expect.

He was looking ok before he broke his wrist in week 2. He needs to stay healthy and get reps. Cam Heyward was looking like a bust before the second half of his third year, so you never know.

He was looking ok before he broke his wrist in week 2. He needs to stay healthy and get reps. Cam Heyward was looking like a bust before the second half of his third year, so you never know.

Didn't help that Deebo took his starting job when he was healthy enough to return. Guy needs reps.

Jarnet87

In the process of trying to make an excuse for Pey Pey the Broncos may have violated the injury reporting rules. Take away their 1st round pick for lying and not owning up to a shitty performance by the the entire team and coaching staff.

That beefed up defense. All Luck had to do was climb the pocket like any quality QB would lol. The Broncos should of done the smart thing and gotten tougher offensive line man and skill players. Guys would could actually get off the line of scrimmage against good defensive backs. that Defense was not the big problem in their Super Bowl beat down.

The issue gets tricky with Wallace because making a decision on him is not soley a cap issue. As I and the NFL Network reported weeks ago, Wallace told his position coach and later repeated to his head coach that if he wasn't getting the football thrown to him, there was no need for him to play just prior to halftime of the season-finale against the New York Jets. This according to multiple team sources. Wallace has denied this.

But not only did he do it, I am told he did it previously, including in the 41-13 loss to the New England Patriots.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-pay-cut-for-cap-relief-or.html#storylink=cpy

Hunter S.

Wait and see. Saying he is shit is just as dumb as saying he will be good.

Top Bottom