• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

La'el Collins considering retring from football
Dianna Marie Russini ‏ @ NBCdianna 1m 1 minute ago
La'El Collins says he met with the Browns already and they told him "you are our favorite for right tackle " # Browns

MechDX

Sam Bradford has permission to seek a trade. Finding compensation to Rams' liking will be difficult. But his agent can speak to other teams-LaCanfora

Godslay

Banned
Not disagreeing but they would verify Kubiak had insane amounts of trust in Schaub. Borderline insane levels actually. Why do you think he finally got fired?

Did that ever translate down to the LOS? One thing to sign a guy as a sign of trust, but did Schaub ever have full control of the offense?

From what I've picked up he didn't. So either Kubes is a control freak, Schaub is a dummy, or maybe some of both.

Plus he had to ride Schaub till the end due to money and knowing that anybody underneath him wasn't as good or experienced.

But you know better than I do and I've got to run!

Not disagreeing but they would verify Kubiak had insane amounts of trust in Schaub. Borderline insane levels actually. Why do you think he finally got fired?

I agree that he had a ton of trust (too much) in Schaub. But who else should he have had trust in? I think history would say that Schaub before his meltdown was a better QB than any of the litany of guys they had on roster even after Kubiak was fired.

Colasante

Iowa tackle/guard Brandon Scherff measured in with 33 3/8" arms, which is considered shorter than desired. He'll probably still go top ten, but I'd love it if his short arms let him drop to the Patriots. I've heard a couple different writers speculate that if Scherff falls into the 20s, the Patriots would be tempted to move up for him.

Arc

Iowa tackle/guard Brandon Scherff measured in with 33 3/8" arms, which is considered shorter than desired. He'll probably still go top ten, but I'd love it if his short arms let him drop to the Patriots. I've heard a couple different writers speculate that if Scherff falls into the 20s, the Patriots would be tempted to move up for him.

When have the Patriots ever moved up?

Move up for a guard?

Draft season is here.

I think Brandon Scherff will be in play for Raiders at #4 if Williams is gone and they can't trade down.

Just reported today that Austin Howard will be moving back to RT after a bad year at RG, so Scherff could plug in nicely at RG.

Arc

Guys I was making a joke about the Pats always trading for next year. I know they have in the past.

Also there is a fantastic Grantland article by Bill Barnwell about Belichick's draft trades and who they eventually led to.

MechDX

I agree that he had a ton of trust (too much) in Schaub. But who else should he have had trust in? I think history would say that Schaub before his meltdown was a better QB than any of the litany of guys they had on roster even after Kubiak was fired.

Don't disagree with anything you said but there comes a point where as a leader you have to look at all possible outcomes and plan for them the best you can. I don't feel Kubiak did that. Why keep running Schaub out there when everyone, and I mean EVERYONE saw that his mind and arm were dead?

Instead of doing what O'Brien did and modify the offense for Keenum, Kubes just kept slamming a square peg into a round hole and wondering why it did not fit while basically telling the owner to go fuck himself.

All water under the bridge at this point. I hope Kubiak has some success in Denver because he is a likeable guy but I cant forget what he did or forgive him for some of his dumb decisions.

eznark

Banned
I love that approach.

Look Sam, we really don't give a fuck. We care so little that we aren't even willing to do to the leg work to get rid of you. If you want out, you fucking figure it out.

MechDX

I love that approach.

Look Sam, we really don't give a fuck. We care so little that we aren't even willing to do to the leg work to get rid of you. If you want out, you fucking figure it out.

General Manager EZ. I will support your decision of becoming GM of the Bears.

Respect

Sam Bradford has permission to seek a trade. Finding compensation to Rams' liking will be difficult. But his agent can speak to other teams-LaCanfora

Wondering what kind of compensation the rams would expect in return...it is more than just bad luck at this point the guy is always injured.

WB Spin.

Theres more to the Bradford stuff
Jason La Canfora ‏ @ JasonLaCanfora 59s 59 seconds ago
In the end, Rams working out a restructured contract w/Bradford still may be most likely outcome. Thought it's been slow process thus far

Jason La Canfora ‏ @ JasonLaCanfora 10s 10 seconds ago
I doubt there's a team that will value Bradford more than the Rams do, and GM Les Snead told us he wants Sam back. Few QB options out there

Scott Petrak ct ‏ @ ScottPetrak 1m 1 minute ago
Rams GM Les Snead on QB Sam Bradford: Deleting him (from the roster) is not the answer.

Bradford should just retire.

Guaranteed he's never going to see as much money as he got during his rookie deal or start again. Call it a day and enjoy your undeserved wealth.

dionysus

Yaldog
Don't disagree with anything you said but there comes a point where as a leader you have to look at all possible outcomes and plan for them the best you can. I don't feel Kubiak did that. Why keep running Schaub out there when everyone, and I mean EVERYONE saw that his mind and arm were dead?

Instead of doing what O'Brien did and modify the offense for Keenum, Kubes just kept slamming a square peg into a round hole and wondering why it did not fit while basically telling the owner to go fuck himself.

All water under the bridge at this point. I hope Kubiak has some success in Denver because he is a likeable guy but I cant forget what he did or forgive him for some of his dumb decisions.

Didn't Kubiak basically veto getting Manning on the Texans? I doubt this is Kubiak's decision. Probably a condition of him getting the HC job was that he had to let Manning run the offense until he retires.

MechDX

Didn't Kubiak basically veto getting Manning on the Texans? I doubt this is Kubiak's decision. Probably a condition of him getting the HC job was that he had to let Manning run the offense until he retires.

According to the stories yes, it was Kubiak. He had it in his contract that he had final say of the final 53 and did not want Manning.

Top Bottom