• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

BG I'm just getting caught up on my Browns hubbub.

So Pettine hinted Gilbert may of had a significent personal issue? :eek:
It's been somthing they've hinted at since the season, don't know what they are. But the staff and other players seem to think he can overcome them, from comments dating back to the end of the season

Peterson
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Adrian Peterson wants a "fresh start."
Rapoport is building on Peterson's own words. Peterson told ESPN on Thursday that he's "still uneasy" about returning to the Vikings after they worked with the NFL to land him on the commissioner's exempt list last season. Per Rapsheet, trust is a "major issue" between the two sides. Rapsheet reports the Vikes have no plans to cut Peterson, and that "trade would be the option." That's fine in theory, but won't happen in practice unless AD is willing to completely rip up and redo his contract. Release is beginning to look like the most likely endgame
Via roto:

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's been somthing they've hinted at since the season, don't know what they are. But the staff and other players seem to think he can overcome them, from comments dating back to the end of the season

Makes me feel a bit more optimistic about him at least.

But then again I felt confident with the vets we have in the secondary that could help him out as well.

Tomsulas 2nd press conference went a bit better today. Your standard shit but he was asked about harbs comments:

good! i am a harbs fan and i will always be but the interview he gave to kawakami last week was bitchmade in my opinion. i'm not even saying he is lying about the situation (i think there is more to the story but he's not outright lying) but why do this type of interview now? the only reason is to hurt the 49ers.

yes york and baalke are douchebags and harbs shouldn't have been fired but it's done, it's over and now you're putting shit back in the press just to get some revenge? you're at michigan now. let it die and write a book in 10 years. it just puts undue shit on the players and on the new coaching staff.

AND he does the interview with kawakami who obviously has it out for the 49ers as a whole (and always has). harbs had some verbal altercations with kawakamis trolling over the past few years and now he's sucking his wang to get out his side of the story.

I have no problem with the interview because these fuckers sabotaged this season a long ago and Harbaugh never said shit. Yea the timing of the interview is a bit sketchy but finally we get to hear Harbaugh's side, and he was overall pretty supportive and respectful of the players. And why does Harbaugh need to wait 10 years to tell his story? Besides he didn't go out of the way to trash the organization. I respect this coach even more after this interview, but fuck kaep

Godslay

Banned
Seattle would come back to AFC West and Raiders would move out. At least that was speculation awhile back.

Hard to imagine an AFCW without those assholes.

MechDX

Seattle would come back to AFC West and Raiders would move out. At least that was speculation awhile back.

Just cant see the Raiders leaving the AFC. Franchise has a bigger legacy in the conference and the AFL than the Chargers.

Also don't see the league splitting up the Seahawks/Niners rivalry

I'm pretty sure Trejo was a serial killer.

Well good thing he's either locked up with Kas or in gatas basement

Yea like cus ur fat hahahaha

Cheerleader-Crying-In-a-Car-On-a-Rainy-Day.gif

RBH

Read it, great story and hits close to home because of my autistic son.
I've been working with autistic children this week for the first time, so the story had an even greater effect on me. Developing peer relationships is so paramount in helping to combat autism, so I just felt so incredibly heartbroken while reading that story. I have all the respect in the world for the parents who are able to provide that support for their children on a regular basis because it really does make a difference in the long run.

IMO, the obvious swap is Seahawks for Chargers.

Can't see them putting SF and the Raiders in the same division under any circumstances. Might take Cards instead of the Seahawks, but... why pass up KC/Den vs Seattle twice every year?

Quarterback Marcus Mariota wouldn't mind a reunion with head coach Chip Kelly in the NFL, but he understands that it's not his decision to make.

"Why not? I think that would be a fun opportunity, but again this process is out of our hands, out of our control," Mariota said. "We'll see what happens."

Mariota won the Heisman Trophy and led the Oregon Ducks to the National Championship Game last season. Kelly has raved about his former quarterback saying that he knew that Mariota would win the Heisman as a freshman.

"He might be the fastest guy on the field, but his mind is even faster," Kelly said prior to the National Championship Game. "Thinks like Peyton Manning."

Mariota is aware that there will be a transition from the college game to the NFL, but said he expects to make an impact from day one. He has worked during the pre-draft process with Kevin O'Connell, who was just hired to be the Browns' quarterbacks coach. Mariota has also spent time with Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers.

One of the biggest challenges, per Mariota, will be huddling up. He hasn't called plays since high school, so he took play cards and practiced saying them at night.

Mariota is fully healed from a shoulder injury incurred in the National Championship Game and will participate in the throwing drills.

-- Chris McPherson, 3:03 PM

pls make it happen.

#NoMoreFoles

MechDX

I've been working with autistic children this week for the first time, so the story had an even greater effect on me. Developing peer relationships is so paramount in helping to combat autism, so I just felt so incredibly heartbroken while reading that story. I have all the respect in the world for the parents who are able to provide that support for their children on a regular basis because it really does make a difference in the long run.

Me and my wife had that kind of moment a couple weeks ago for my son's eleventh birthday. The first year ever really we were not going to have a party. Needless to say when we broke the news it did not go over well at all. We quickly put together a sleep over party for a couple of his friends and relatives and my wife worked her tail off up till the last minute to get everything together.

Everyday can be a challenge with an autistic child but I wouldn't change a thing.

Godslay

Banned
Just cant see the Raiders leaving the AFC. Franchise has a bigger legacy in the conference and the AFL than the Chargers.

It's hard to imagine, but jbug found the article I was citing. Davis volunteered to move them over.

Thanks, knew it was out there couldn't remember who wrote it.

Seahawks/Niners rivalry had good beginnings, but it hasn't been around long enough. It was built on the teams trying to outdo each other playing the exact same brand of football.

Now Harbaugh is gone. Seems like the rivalry is probably not going to reach the same heights any time soon either way.

I have no problem with the interview because these fuckers sabotaged this season a long ago and Harbaugh never said shit. Yea the timing of the interview is a bit sketchy but finally we get to hear Harbaugh's side, and he was overall pretty supportive and respectful of the players. And why does Harbaugh need to wait 10 years to tell his story? Besides he didn't go out of the way to trash the organization. I respect this coach even more after this interview, but fuck kaep

first off, as much as i love harbs, lets just admit that his version of the truth in some situations is very questionable and often times based on semantics (he never went after peyton manning afterall!). secondly, he says he respects the players there but then goes on to criticize the organization/cast doubt on the coaching staff by accusing tomsula of possibly undermining him. what does he think that does for the players?

i wish he was asked why he didn't accept any of the multiple contract extension offers we put out there prior to this past season. he has always said it's not about the money and he wanted to be in san fran so.... why didn't he sign the extension?

harbs knows the fanbase is riled up about the "mutual parting", as they should be, but he is playing those same angry fans like a fiddle with this angle. it doesn't bother me too much because york and baalke are fucking douchebags but i also don't believe harbs is telling the entire story

MechDX

It's hard to imagine, but jbug found the article I was citing. Davis volunteered to move them over.

Thanks, knew it was out there couldn't remember who wrote it.

Just read the link. He must be REALLY desperate for a new stadium because I just couldn't picture Al Davis ever conceding a move to a different conference.

So does this mean the San Antonio option is dead? Personally never saw it as a real option to begin with

ShaneB

Me and my wife had that kind of moment a couple weeks ago for my son's eleventh birthday. The first year ever really we were not going to have a party. Needless to say when we broke the news it did not go over well at all. We quickly put together a sleep over party for a couple of his friends and relatives and my wife worked her tail off up till the last minute to get everything together.

Everyday can be a challenge with an autistic child but I wouldn't change a thing.

That's great to hear, and much like Tragicomedy when we have chatted about his son, it always seems like something extra special.

Was ready to weep at the thread RBH seeing the title, but glad you clarified it did end happily... although still a little heartbreaking. A bunch of books I've read have had a focus on autistic/asperger characters, and it's been incredibly fascinating to learn how the mind works in those cases.

Godslay

Banned
IMO, the obvious swap is Seahawks for Chargers.

Can't see them putting SF and the Raiders in the same division under any circumstances. Might take Cards instead of the Seahawks, but... why pass up KC/Den vs Seattle twice every year?

Raiders v 9ers has the potential to be a damn good rivalry. Probably too good in the sense that people would die.

Wouldn't mind playing Seattle again either.

Godslay

Banned
Just read the link. He must be REALLY desperate for a new stadium because I just couldn't picture Al Davis ever conceding a move to a different conference.

So does this mean the San Antonio option is dead? Personally never saw it as a real option to begin with

If your professional football team plays on a field that's half baseball field in 2015, you'd probably want to move them too. Plus LA is like a giant pot of gold waiting for someone to cash in.

I can't imagine SA getting a team. It could happen but I see it as highly unlikely. At least for a long time.

San Antonio probably now enters the territory of "rumored location for team X" as said team tries to hold their host city hostage into paying for a new stadium.

MechDX

If your professional football team plays on a field that's half baseball field in 2015, you'd probably want to move them too. Plus LA is like a giant pot of gold waiting for someone to cash in.

I can't imagine SA getting a team. It could happen but I see it as highly unlikely. At least for a long time.

Do people in LA honestly give a shit if they have an NFL franchise? I just don't remember anyone giving a rats ass when the Rams or Raiders left.

Do people in LA honestly give a shit if they have an NFL franchise? I just don't remember anyone giving a rats ass when the Rams or Raiders left.

We've had the lakers plus there are a lot of transplant fans here so no most don't give a shit. And a lot of people left the raiders when the gangs took them as a symbol in the late 80s/90s.

How would the Eagles trade up for Mariotta?

Dude will go top 3 by the looks of it and the Eagles are picking 20th overall. They would need to mortgage away their first round picks of the next 5 years to trade up that high.

Unless Mariotta decides to take his dick out whilst running his 40, I just don't see it happening.

NFL stadiums are more about getting rich people to go and getting corporations to buy box seats these days. I'm sure there are enough of those in LA.

Dude will go top 3 by the looks of it and the Eagles are picking 20th overall. They would need to mortgage away their first round picks of the next 5 years to trade up that high.

Unless Mariotta decides to take his dick out whilst running his 40, I just don't see it happening.

they would likely need to trade 3 first round picks and two seconds if you go by the draft value chart.

BUT! the redskins traded 3 firsts and a 2nd to move up 4 spots to get rg3 so i don't know what the market would be at this point. mariotta isn't the prospect that rg3 was

Mariota will fall to 6 unless the Titans decide they don't like Mettenberger anymore. I can see the Eagles doing a deal with the Jests that includes Foles in exchange for their pick.

I have a problem guys.

I'm waiting for IKEA to deliver my new desk and bed and stuff, but I just had a nice cup of coffee and now need to poop.

Do I take the risk and just go now, knowing they can show up at my door whilst I'm Larry'ing or do I wait, taking the risk that I have to wait for another hour before I can do my doodies?

Top Bottom