• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

I guess but who cares? Our entire staff is gone with head coach Trent baalke pulling all the strings.

At least I don't have to invest as much time and energy into the team. Now will be my chance to write my novel!
As long as you have those thousand monkeys on those thousand typewriters, it's going to be the greatest novel of all time.

We still have Rathman and Jeep Chrysler.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Come on Kas. Stop with the bed time stories.

Dude now you just motivated me.

Before the season starts I'm putting $100 on the Detroit Lions winning the Super Bowl and going to post a picture of my betting ticket.

When I win $10,000 or whatever I'll send you a Detroit Lions jersey. You want a Stafford jersey or Suh?

Before the season starts I'm putting $100 on the Detroit Lions winning the Super Bowl and going to post a picture of my betting ticket.

When I win $10,000 or whatever I'll send you a Detroit Lions jersey. You want a Stafford jersey or Suh?

Lol at best you're going to get like 10:1 (since they were a playoff team last year). That's 100 for 1K. 10,000 no way... man.

Top teams are usually like 6:1 or 7. I'm talking about future bets of course.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So WesternHeretic what you're saying as of this day the Lions odds to win the Super Bowl in 2016 are 10:1.

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-A-Chance-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Nah I'm fucking around with the .gif. Our chances are 5:1 and ramuh is getting a Stafford or Suh jersey.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Kas said it first: the Lions are just as likely to win the Superbowl as the Buccaneers and Jets are!

Buy me a GRONK jersey pls

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So WesternHeretic what you're saying as of this day the Lions odds to win the Super Bowl in 2016 are 10:1.

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-A-Chance-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Nah I'm fucking around with the .gif. Our chances are 5:1 and ramuh is getting a Stafford or Suh jersey.
The Lions chances are currently 30:1, the same as the cap hell Saints and the one and done Bengals!

And why is Ramuh getting a Raiders jersey?

Lubricus

Edit: Late. I missed the earlier post.

Falcoholics staff is pretty certain Dan Quinn will be the Falcons HC.

A league source has confirmed to me that Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, who has been identified in recent days as one of the Falcons' top targets to fill their head coach vacancy, is likely to be the Falcons' new coach whenever the Seattle Seahawks' playoff run ends.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/1/15/7554927/league-source-dan-quinn-likely-to-be-falcons-hire

The Falcons have another interview with him next week.

The Falcons interviewed Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin for the second time today, and the fact that Austin was not hired following today's interview also points to the fact that the Falcons are doing due diligence and covering their bases, but holding out for Quinn. Austin could be in the running for the Chicago Bears and Denver Broncos jobs, but at the moment he represents an obvious fallback plan for the Falcons. He's a good coach in his own right.

Also have to realize that Pete is a defense guy and the defense is his baby.

The rest of the league should definitely not hire Quinn and let him stay with the Hawks.

Oh well, fuck that then. Didn't realize it was Pete's scheme as opposed to Gus' and Quinn's. I'm not sure either guy could put a system in place and motivate a defense the same way that they do in Seattle somewhere else. At least with Austin you can control for some factors when the Lions showed improvement.

Not really feeling Gase as a headcoach or OC for the Broncos. Not unless he can really learn how to employ zone run schemes much more frequently and better.

Ramza86

Neo Member
Looking at that mock, man this is one mediocre draft, but the this is the NFL so you never know where the talent really is. You can pluck hall of famers in the 3rd-7th rounds, doesn't always happen but you know what I mean.

Edit: When Perryman is going in the 1st...my god. What's special about that dude? What do people see in him? Maybe I just don't understand the position, don't think I do to be honest, wasn't that high on Mosley either. Knew David would be good, thought Bowman was good too, thought he was better than Lee.

UM pedigree most likely. Most of the guys who come from the school pan out to be great, good, or decent players. You have to look past the shitty coaching job Al Golden has done. Funny that UM had a losing season yet this is the one the better classes they have sent to the draft in a few years.

Given the current pool of prospects, Dan Quinn ain't a bad get for Atlanta.
Also seeing around that Mike Smith is more or less a shoe-in for Raiders DC spot.

Bowser

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 41s41 seconds ago
Gary Kubiak will meet with Broncos for their head coaching opening. Interview expected this weekend. Suffice to say Elway very interested

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m3 minutes ago
If Broncos are able to land Kubiak, he is far and away Elway's top choice from everything I've heard.

#MechWuzRight

If the Hawks have a better record than the Niners next season I will never post in an NFL GAF thread again.

If the Niners record is better, you are never to post in an NFL GAF thread again. How about we save that too?
I'm not a fan of Western either (hell I wish I thought of this first) but damn man this is taking a big chance.

MechDX

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...hp?t=e6e7d1919bcba496f0&cmpid=twitter-premium

Watching the NFL's coaching carousel reminds me of how Bill O'Brien got to Houston.

O'Brien almost arrived eight years ago.

In 2007, Gary Kubiak interviewed O'Brien for a position as an assistant coach.

Kubiak was entering his second season and was making changes in his staff. He wanted to hire a young coach to work in quality control and assist with the offensive line.

Kubiak and Mike Sherman, the assistant head coach and offensive coordinator, interviewed O'Brien, who had finished his second season as Duke's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

Before the Texans could hire O'Brien to work under offensive line coach John Benton, he got an offer from Bill Belichick to be an offensive assistant with New England.

O'Brien grew up in Boston. The Patriots were his team. There was no way a career college coach looking for an opportunity in the NFL could turn down a chance to work for his hometown team and learn under Belichick.

Obviously, O'Brien made the right decision. He spent five years with the Patriots and worked his way up to coaching receivers and quarterbacks before becoming offensive coordinator for a Super Bowl team.

I did not know this. Such a small world the NFL is

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

John Fox’s deal to become Bears HC is “all but done,” per sources. @JasonPhilCole reported Thursday that Fox would be hired in Chicago.

All but official. Expect Dennis Allen to be his DC.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Rachel Nichols ‏@Rachel__Nichols 2h2 hours ago

Broadway/Frozen star Idina Menzel to sing National Anthem; John Legend to Sing “America The Beautiful” at the Super Bowl

Well, the NFL has captured the attention of the important young girls demographic.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
John Fox took Tebow to the playoffs and Jake Delhomme and Peyton Manning to the Super Bowl. If anyone can prop up Cutler to being mediocre it'd be John Fox clearly.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm unleashing Mech upon you all for being right.

May god have mercy on your souls. He has free reign in here until the football games end on Sunday.

#Mechlaw
#Mechisthelawnowbitches

Last night my wife wanted to return something at that soap store Lush, so I drove her there after work. I dropped her off, circled the block, then picked her up. She got in the car and I circled the block to head home and we saw two bodies on the sidewalk. Apparently some girl fell from an 8th story window and landed on a pedestrian. Shit was fucked up. I had passed the same spot no more than 3-5mins prior and she hadn't fallen, so I guess I was there again very shortly after it happened. Huge crowd of people were all looking up at the building and down at the people on the sidewalk in disbelief. The girl who fell died and the pedestrian was ok but really roughed up apparently.

Also, it is the two year anniversary of Chip's hiring.

jakncoke

Banned
Life can be pretty crazy. Apparently there was a shooting and probable homicide just 30 minutes before I went to get beer behind the place beside where i get beer. There was like 9 police cars around.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Cross posting this from the other thread:

By the way for those newer to football, bigblueview is doing a series right now breaking down different defensive schemes, coverages and more. It's good reading if you're just learning the game and want to get in on the basics:

Part I The 3-4 Front: http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/1/14/7521035/ny-giants-defensive-coordinator-34-defense-explained

Part II The 4-3 Front: http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/1/15/7538313/4-3-defense-explained-ny-giants-defensive-coordinator

Part III Coverage Schemes: http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/1/16/7545723/whats-in-a-scheme-part-iii-coverage-schemes

Sounds like Austin won't get the Falcons job. Good news for the Lions although I'd imagine he only has one year left with us. Watch him get the Steelers job next season.

Top Bottom