• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

ShaneB

Chill out, friend! ez will be a dick no matter what happens to the Packers.

If you really want to get under his skin, relish in the impending and inevitable March disappointment of Wisconsin Badgers basketball!

Noted!

edit: Sad to put the Chiefs avatar away, but gotta bring out the Caps love during hockey season!

ShaneB

You should join me on the Texans Watt train next season. Need some BOB in your life .

Bob Sutton you mean! The Chiefs DC! And that loveable big man at the helm!

But yeah, I've got a soft spot for Watt, you know I'm holding hope he shocks the world and wins MVP!

Watt can win MVP and Justin Houston can win DPOY and we'll both be happy!

RBH

Eleuin

If the Hawks have a better record than the Niners next season I will never post in an NFL GAF thread again.

If the Niners record is better, you are never to post in an NFL GAF thread again. How about we save that too?
You're out of your fucking mind man

JCizzle

You're out of your fucking mind man

You doubt a guy with this kind of coaching ability?

eQNKtUT.gif

You should join me on the Texans Watt train next season. Need some BOB in your life .

Shane deserves to see a ring in his life

If the Hawks have a better record than the Niners next season I will never post in an NFL GAF thread again.

If the Niners record is better, you are never to post in an NFL GAF thread again. How about we save that too?

western this is the easiest bet you'll ever see in your life, take it and be the hero NFLGAF deserves

Bowser

I think Quinn's a good coach, but man, I wonder just how he'll fare with that defense that is bereft of talent. If he flops year 1, it wonder if people will realize that it's the talent on the Seahawks D that makes the coordinator's job easy and not the coordinator's schemes.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Syrinx

I think Quinn's a good coach, but man, I wonder just how he'll fare with that defense that is bereft of talent. If he flops year 1, it wonder if people will realize that it's the talent on the Seahawks D that makes the coordinator's job easy and not the coordinator's schemes.

This is what puzzles me too. Why was Rex and now Quinn so interested in a job whose defense is not only bad but just completely barren of talent? Desmond Trufant is the only competent player for them I can think of right now.

MechDX

This is what puzzles me too. Why was Rex and now Quinn so interested in a job whose defense is not only bad but just completely barren of talent? Desmond Trufant is the only competent player for them I can think of right now.

You have a legit starting QB. Biggest piece of the puzzle already there.

cdyhybrid

Also have to realize that Pete is a defense guy and the defense is his baby.

The rest of the league should definitely not hire Quinn and let him stay with the Hawks.

LJ11

Looking at that mock, man this is one mediocre draft, but the this is the NFL so you never know where the talent really is. You can pluck hall of famers in the 3rd-7th rounds, doesn't always happen but you know what I mean.

Edit: When Perryman is going in the 1st...my god. What's special about that dude? What do people see in him? Maybe I just don't understand the position, don't think I do to be honest, wasn't that high on Mosley either. Knew David would be good, thought Bowman was good too, thought he was better than Lee.

Bowser

I can see why Rex would be interested - he took relatively spare parts and draft picks and molded them into a top defense, he just never had a QB.

Quinn, he's had the luxury of "directing" a top 10 all-time defense. I think you could put pretty much any defensive coach in that coordinator spot and get a great result out of those players on that side of the ball.

tmdorsey

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/1/15/7554927/league-source-dan-quinn-likely-to-be-falcons-hire

She's apparently been on point in the past regarding Falcons news, so this may indeed be true.

Bring in Quinn and Gase as OC then Blank will have restored my faith in him.

The rest of the league should definitely not hire Quinn and let him stay with the Hawks.

Quinn's the man confirmed!

the seachickens D coordinator literally does not matter. i mean you could pick out the perceived "worst" D coordinator in the league right now (whoever that might be i dont know) and i guarantee there would be minimal drop off if he coached the chickens roided up D.

why do you think the jags aren't suddenly some dominate defense? doesn't matter

LJ11

the seachickens D coordinator literally does not matter. i mean you could pick out the perceived "worst" D coordinator in the league right now (whoever that might be i dont know) and i guarantee there would be minimal drop off if he coached the chickens roided up D.

why do you think the jags aren't suddenly some dominate defense? doesn't matter

I think you're pretty much on point, but never, and I mean never underestimate the bad coaching in this league. Look at the Bills under Wannestedt, same talent garbage fucking D. Pettine and Schwartz stepped in and it was a 180. You need some competency. Bills fans still crying about losing Schwartz for example. Really? This dude just sat back and let the front 4 get home, and when they didn't the back 7 stepped up.

Edit: Understand why they may be upset though, we've seen the other side of the coin. Not pretty. But Rex is alright on that side of the ball. And we're going to dominate on O this year with Roman on board....lol

JABEE

Looking at that mock, man this is one mediocre draft, but the this is the NFL so you never know where the talent really is. You can pluck hall of famers in the 3rd-7th rounds, doesn't always happen but you know what I mean.

Edit: When Perryman is going in the 1st...my god. What's special about that dude? What do people see in him? Maybe I just don't understand the position, don't think I do to be honest, wasn't that high on Mosley either. Knew David would be good, thought Bowman was good too, thought he was better than Lee.

What do you think of Landon Collins out of Alabama? From the tapes I saw on him, it seems like he's a pretty great pursuit and tackle guy, but he's shaky in coverage.

LJ11

What do you think of Landon Collins out of Alabama? From the tapes I saw on him, it seems like he's a pretty great pursuit and tackle guy, but he's shaky in coverage.
Yeah I don't see a rangy sideline to sideline S in coverage. You don't want that dude playing single high. Clinton Dix is a better player. Wasn't high on Barron coming out, I thought he was a box safety only in my eyes, you didn't want him anywhere near the middle of the field or in some type of Quarters Coverage where he's going to be asked to take a guy on vertical route. As a box, big Nickel player Barron looked good. Collins a similar player, Barron the more violent tackler, good blitzer too.

Edit: you don't take guys like Collins in the First unless the draft class is dog shit.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I keep getting random emails from headhunters offering contract PM jobs in the middle of nowhere.

I'm not going to Ohio for a short term contract, LOL. I'll stay unemployed here where I know I have a chance at a decent 6 figure full-time job.

Greg

I keep getting random emails from headhunters offering contract PM jobs in the middle of nowhere.

I'm not going to Ohio for a short term contract, LOL. I'll stay unemployed here where I know I have a chance at a decent 6 figure full-time job.
racist

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm not fucking around. I'm going to give you some financial advice as well. Go to Vegas and put $100 on that. The odds are never in our favor but we have to win eventually, right?

I'm not fucking around. I'm going to give you some financial advice as well. Go to Vegas and put $100 on that. The odds are never in our favor but we have to win eventually, right?

I really put money on the Seahawks to win it all......in 2012. *This was before the season even started and we just signed Flynn*

One year too early....

It was only $10 LMAO but still!

JNA

Banned

Holy shit...

You got balls man. I will give you that. XD

Furyous

I think he'll do okay in Atlanta. However, the question is whether okay is good enough to keep his job in Atlanta. The one thing working in his favor is Dimitroff. He's done a helluva job rebuilding that team from where they were after that scandal. Falcons fans may think he's shit but half the league interviews him tomorrow if fired. Why didn't the Falcons pursue John Fox? 46 wins speak for themselves particularly the time spent making an SEC analyst look somewhat competent as a starting quarterback.

Call me crazy but I wish Seattle kept all of their coordinators and assistants for this run. It would be nice to see a team keep their coordinators, go on some kind of run, and have those assistants reach that Cowboys level where they always have jobs off that run. Norv Turner is a hot commodity to this day due in part to his work in Dallas. In addition to that, it's no fun beating a team without their best coaches. It's a victory but it feels hollow in a sense.

cdyhybrid

I think he'll do okay in Atlanta. However, the question is whether okay is good enough to keep his job in Atlanta. The one thing working in his favor is Dimitroff. He's done a helluva job rebuilding that team from where they were after that scandal. Falcons fans may think he's shit but half the league interviews him tomorrow if fired. Why didn't the Falcons pursue John Fox? 46 wins speak for themselves particularly the time spent making an SEC analyst look somewhat competent as a starting quarterback.

Call me crazy but I wish Seattle kept all of their coordinators and assistants for this run. It would be nice to see a team keep their coordinators, go on some kind of run, and have those assistants reach that Cowboys level where they always have jobs off that run. Norv Turner is a hot commodity to this day due in part to his work in Dallas. In addition to that, it's no fun beating a team without their best coaches. It's a victory but it feels hollow in a sense.

They're staying on until we lose. Two seasons in the NFCCG/Super Bowl is basically a run nowadays.

Top Bottom