• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Bread

Banned
Oh noes, your team has only won 2 Super Bowls in the past two decades! What a shame. ;_;
Lol

Also having their day ruined by being reminded that they have had the good fortune to see HoF qbs player for 20 years straight. Poor guys.

Sephzilla

Oh noes, your team has only won 2 Super Bowls in the past two decades! What a shame. ;_;

image.php

I know it's kind of an embarrassment of riches kind of thing but really, the Packers had so many talented teams. They should have a couple more championships by now. It's kind of like the 90s Atlanta Braves where most people feel like they should have had more than 1 world series title.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure Rodgers is going to be more eager to get back to the Super Bowl now more than ever. He's 31 and even though he's in his prime now, it's not going to last forever and he wont be able to carry the team on his back all the time.

Even though Rodgers has constantly exceeded my expectations ever since he took over for Favre, I'm not going to expect him to have a prime that lasts as long as Favre's prime seemed to last.
Maybe it'll last longer if he isn't snorting pain pills!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

#firstworldfootballproblems

#13worldchampionships

I'm sure Rodgers is going to be more eager to get back to the Super Bowl now more than ever. He's 31 and even though he's in his prime now, it's not going to last forever and he wont be able to carry the team on his back all the time.

Even though Rodgers has constantly exceeded my expectations ever since he took over for Favre, I'm not going to expect him to have a prime that lasts as long as Favre's prime seemed to last.

I think the Packers regress next season. Defense is going to get worse. We'll be lucky to get a wild card spot.

LJ11

This league, AFC in particular, needs an influx of QB talent, coaching too, but QBs.

Need a draft class like 2004. Looking around the league, aging QBs, very little youth.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This league, AFC in particular, needs an influx of QB talent, coaching too, but QBs.

Need a draft class like 2004. Looking around the league, aging QBs, very little youth.

This has been something that I've mentioned before and I think the future looks grim.

In your opinion, does it have to do with the differences between the college game and the pro game?

There have been quite a few drafts lacking in great QB talent, hopefully that improves soon. LJ mentioned it already but it's something I had noticed too, qb position in AFC is kinda dire right now and will get worse once Manning and Brady retire.

Draxal

League really hasn't adjusted to the new cba yet (I know Coughlin hasn't yet). Kelly's successful transition hopefully will bring up other college coaches that can better use that qb talent.

This has been something that I've mentioned before and I think the future looks grim.

In your opinion, does it have to do with the differences between the college game and the pro game?

Those 15 practices limit in the new CBA had a huge impact, imho.

Bessy67

It just seems like in college all you need at quarterback is a freakish athlete and you're set. Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariotta, every Ohio State QB, etc. I mean, we live in a world where Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow are Heisman winners. So that's what colleges recruit for, and the prototypical NFL pocket passer prospects get put on the back burner.

Farooq

Banned
League really hasn't adjusted to the new cba yet (I know Coughlin hasn't yet). Kelly's successful transition hopefully will bring up other college coaches that can better use that qb talent.

Those 15 practices limit in the new CBA had a huge impact, imho.

There were how many coaching vacancies this year? How many teams hired a coach from college? Kelly is a good coach, but I doubt his hire will start a trend.

Draxal

There were how many coaching vacancies this year? How many teams hired a coach from college? Kelly is a good coach, but I doubt his hire will start a trend.

Well, I would have probably targeted Meyer, but due to the playoffs he was coaching too late in the hiring season.

There's a lot of good young football minds right now, but I don't think they have enough seasoning to jump to the pros.

edit. I think there needs to be more turnover in the college ranks as well.

@Jeff_McLane
Another "GM" candidate declines #Eagles' request. This time it's the Bucs' Jon Robinson.

Goddamn, even people on the Bucs would rather stay than go to Philly

#CurseOfSanta

Jarnet87

@Jeff_McLane
Another "GM" candidate declines #Eagles' request. This time it's the Bucs' Jon Robinson.

#CurseOfSanta

Everyone knows Jameis is about to steer the pirate ship back into the seas of winning. FIRE THE CANNONS.

@Jeff_McLane

#CurseOfSanta
It's a figurehead position at best that reports directly to Chip Kelly. Hence the quotations marks around GM. Not exactly an enticing job to jump at.

Raiola is gone. Praise the sun.
Good. Now dump Sims.

Swanson played well and is already a better run blocker than Raiola. I'm sure he'll gain some much needed weight/strength during the off season.

We need to draft a guard within the first two rounds to replace Sims, or go the FA route. I also think we need another tackle. Waddle regressed, and while it had to do with injuries and sheme I'd like to give him some competition.

Draft priorities: DT (I'm assuming Suh is gone), OG, RB (assuming Bush is gone), CB.

I have a rule question for the more knowledgable.

Is it possible for a scoring team to challenge their own TD (say his foot may have been out on the 1) in order to run out the clock more before scoring?

I know it's a far fetched scenario but was just wondering if it's possible.

Bessy67

Is it possible for a scoring team to challenge their own TD (say his foot may have been out on the 1) in order to run out the clock more before scoring?

All scoring plays are reviewed. I think it's an unsportsmanlike penalty if you throw your challenge flag in that situation.

All scoring plays are reviewed automatically anyways. So no.

Bread

Banned

Well the whole going out of bounds thing might hurt the running clock idea but yeah I don't see why not.

NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock compares Washington senior DT Danny Shelton to Haloti Ngata.
"He reminds me of Haloti Ngata. If he takes care of business between now and May 1st, I think he's a top 10 pick," said Mayock. "When you put the tape on, he's quick. He gets up and down the line of scrimmage and plays forever at 350 pounds." Shelton is one of the headliners of this week's Senior Bowl. The 6-foot-2, 332-pounder led the nation in fumble recoveries with five, and was also amongst the nation’s leaders in tackles for loss (16.5) and sacks (9). That's not all: Shelton tallied an incredible 93 tackles as a DT.
Danny Cleveland

Trey

That actually happened to the Bills the last time they defeated the Patriots legitimately.

Top Bottom