• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

What the fuck is going on in here?

Fucking playoff team fans shitting this up.

But in more important news: I am debating going to Seattle next year to watch the Browns get shit on in Seattle.

Seahawks-GAF what is the weather like over there each month?

Kave, don't buy the tickets yet. There's still plenty of time to you decide to visit Denver, or Oakland, or San Francisco.

Ravens have lots of good spots next year. Me, I'm leaning towards a Denver trip, but I'll definitely be taking my kids to either San Francisco or Oakland. I think Oakland will be classier, and thus, less likely to get assaulted in the bathroom, have beer dumped on me, or have my kid cursed out.

cdyhybrid

What the fuck is going on in here?

Fucking playoff team fans shitting this up.

But in more important news: I am debating going to Seattle next year to watch the Browns get shit on in Seattle.

Seahawks-GAF what is the weather like over there each month?

June-September: Pretty nice, can get a little chilly at night (but nothing you milkbaggers couldn't handle) but generally nice and sunny and warm.

October-May: Alternates between grey and sunny, frequent drizzling and occasional downpours.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Don't be a fool, Kave. You go to the game in AZ. Tickets will be cheap and the weather will be nice.

Also:

B7urnxqIEAANsZZ.jpg

Next season ends with the Steelers 7th Lombardi. They signed a CFL guy!

Edit:^^^ can CFL players verbally agree to sign right now? Cause I thought the date to actually sign was feb 10th.

Kave forget all of that just come to a cleveland home game! Browns are supposed to be starting phase 2 of the renovations of the stadium soon. Phase 1 actually made the the place feel like a proper NFL stadium.

Aren't you like the 40 year old black guy that lives in Kirkland and cries about how much you hate it here?

I don't have venom for you, in my mind you're a nobody. Like I myself would have the balls and leave to L.A if I like it more there.

LOL @ the bolded. That's why you think you know all these things about me? Stalk much?

You're wrong on all of it, thank goodness

So much venom for someone you have never met.

I don't think I know a single thing about you. Not your age, where you live or what you think. Guess what? I don't care. I don't remember have the things people on these boards say. It's all fun.

I have no ill feeling that you don't like it here, I just don't understand why you stay, and please don't tell me it's because of a job because if you had any skills you can land one anywhere

I answered you a LONG time ago why I stay. I'll say it again, in bold:

I LOVE MY JOB. I LIKE THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH. MY SO IS HERE.

It's not a simple thing to just up and leave, especially when you like what you do. The city is great (love the food) for the most part except the weather and the overly loud, get in your face new money "fans". I have plenty of friends/co-workers that are long time Seahawk fans and completely reasonable.

Why? Because they remember the hard times. The years of not winning so they are not overly bragadocious. When I am at Centurylink, rooting on my team and some clown in a brand new Sherman jersey starts woofing at me, completely unprovoked, yeah, that's a problem for me. Act like the classy fans you want the world to believe you are.

I get it you don't like the 12's you don't like this area, I'm fine with that. I really am, what I don't get is why don't you just remove yourself from these "stupid 12's." Then you wouldn't have to deal with them, but you don't have the balls to do that. And if you hate the 12's so much, stop talking about them. You come in the football thread twice now talking about the 12's instead of actual football

No one gets all huffy about it except you.

Everyone else just laughs it off, plays along. You, for some reason get all hostile.

Just you.

Damn. hope its not true

Confirmed by the Raiders:

OAKLAND RAIDERS @RAIDERS · 32m 32 minutes ago
Bill Musgrave has joined the Oakland Raiders coaching staff as offensive coordinator.

Really don't like this hire. If JDR follows this up with a Mangini DC hire, I'm not going to be happy

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Edit:^^^ can CFL players verbally agree to sign right now? Cause I thought the date to actually sign was feb 10th.

Kave forget all of that just come to a cleveland home game! Browns are supposed to be starting phase 2 of the renovations of the stadium soon. Phase 1 actually made the the place feel like a proper NFL stadium.

His team released him so he could sign.

Confirmed by the Raiders:

OAKLAND RAIDERS @RAIDERS · 32m 32 minutes ago
Bill Musgrave has joined the Oakland Raiders coaching staff as offensive coordinator.

Really don't like this hire. If JDR follows this up with a Mangini DC hire, I'm not going to be happy

I'm fine with Mangini but fuck Musgrave.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

My issue is none of my friends want to go to Cleveland. :(

cdyhybrid

You bring up a good point here.

How motivated is Browner gonna be against the Seahawks?

That's a mini-storyline I had forgotten about.

Quite, I'm sure. I'm not super worried about him though. He can be beat and is good for a few penalties every game. Game probably comes down to whether the Pats can stop the run
and whether Bevell realizes that Lynch is the best player on the team
. Gonna be a long day if they can't.

Thank you guys for him. Maxwell will make a nice 3rd corner for us.

No problem, we were happy to let him go so a better player could take his spot!

Quite, I'm sure. I'm not super worried about him though. He can be beat and is good for a few penalties every game. Game probably comes down to whether the Pats can stop the run
and whether Bevell realizes that Lynch is the best player on the team
. Gonna be a long day if they can't!

I think your biggest concern is Gronk. I think they are gonna pick on Maxwell and Thomas all game, especially if Sherman sticks to his side of the field.

My biggest concern is those cheaters winning so I'm holding my nose and becoming an honorary 12 for a day come Superb Owl.

I feel dirty just saying that.

Also, I'm glad every Seahawk fan on this board isn't as hostile as WH. You and rando (and Hito RIP) are class acts that get it. :)

effzee

Maxwell deserves to be on the Eagles.

Him and Revis. Restore the Soar!

Broncos-Gaf : Eagles signed your DB coach to be our DB coach. Any thoughts on him?

cdyhybrid

I think your biggest concern is Gronk. I think they are gonna pick on Maxwell and Thomas all game, especially if Sherman sticks to his side of the field.

My biggest concern is those cheaters winning so I'm holding my nose and becoming an honorary 12 for a day come Superb Owl.

I feel dirty just saying that.

Also, I'm glad every Seahawk fan on this board isn't as hostile as WH. You and rando (and Hito RIP) are class acts that get it. :)

Gronk does concern me, especially after Antonio Gates tore us a new asshole in Week 2. Fortunately for us, Brady doesn't have Phil Rivers' arm anymore, so if he throws some ducks up for grabs we can probably get some of them. I'd expect to see Kam on Gronk more than Earl, but the Pats will move him around to try and get a mismatch.

The Pats aren't as capable as attacking downfield as they were when they had Moss
and when Tammy wasn't an old
so I'm hoping we can somewhat contain Gronk, since we're a pretty good tackling defense.

Gronk does concern me, especially after Antonio Gates tore us a new asshole in Week 2. Fortunately for us, Brady doesn't have Phil Rivers' arm anymore, so if he throws some ducks up for grabs we can probably get some of them. I'd expect to see Kam on Gronk more than Earl, but the Pats will move him around to try and get a mismatch.

Yeah, that's the big concern. They will try to exploit mismatches and then there's Edelman and the former Ram Amendola. And don't forget about LaFell.

Plus their run game is decent enough to compliment the play action....ugh.

I just don't feel good about this game from a Patriots hating standpoint. I have a feeling the cheats will get rewarded this year. :(

cdyhybrid

Yeah, that's the big concern. They will try to exploit mismatches and then there's Edelman and the former Ram Amendola. And don't forget about LaFell.

Plus their run game is decent enough to compliment the play action....ugh.

I just don't feel good about this game from a Patriots hating standpoint. I have a feeling the cheats will get rewarded this year. :(

Gronk is the only guy we probably don't have an answer for. Doesn't mean those other guys have no chance of having a good game, but we've handled guys better than them in the past. See: GB's receivers, the Niners' running attack. Not so for Gronk.

Gronk is the only guy we probably don't have an answer for. Doesn't mean those other guys have no chance of having a good game, but we've handled guys better than them in the past. See: GB's receivers, the Niners' running attack. Not so for Gronk.

Who is that rookie for you guys, Simon? Might be someone else. I remember some rookie on the Seahawks was getting lit up earlier in the year on coverage.

If he is ever on Gronk, in a deep set, forget it. Put 7 on the board.

cdyhybrid

Who is that rookie for you guys, Simon? Might be someone else. I remember some rookie on the Seahawks was getting lit up earlier in the year on coverage.

If he is ever on Gronk, in a deep set, forget it. Put 7 on the board.

Tharold Simon. He's still young and has shown
very
occasional flashes but he probably won't be playing much unless Maxwell or Sherman get hurt, especially since the Pats typically don't send out 4 WRs. He has the body type and the athleticism Pete likes, though.

He's actually a second-year guy but was hurt all last year.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think I should randomly say that Mike McCarthy is a genius for sticking with Mason Crosby. Not many kickers hit 5 field goals in a playoff game like that.

I think I should randomly say that Mike McCarthy is a genius for sticking with Mason Crosby. Not many kickers hit 5 field goals in a playoff game like that.
Well two of them were shorter than extra points, but hitting that 50 yarder at the end of regulation was clutch.

Starting to understand the Musgrave hire, but still not real happy about it. One positive thing I can say about him is his playcalling is on point. And teaming up with Tice again, I expect we'll be much better at running the ball.

Maybe he learned a thing or 2 from Chip as well.

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero · 2h 2 hours ago

Some #Vikings fans will laugh. But Musgrave's offense ranked 13th in yards, 14th in scoring in 2013 with a Ponder/Freeman/Cassel mess at QB.

Guess there's that too.

Top Bottom