• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Bowser

I honestly have no idea what to think of Gase. Denver was his first stop as OC, and it was with Peyton. I guess I'll hope for the best!

Bears have put together a pretty good coaching staff IMO. To go from Trestman/Kromer/Tucker to Fox/Gase/Fangio is a massive upgrade.

The win is forever.

And so is the L.

delhomme.jpg

ry8AG.gif

MechDX

I honestly have no idea what to think of Gase. Denver was his first stop as OC, and it was with Peyton. I guess I'll hope for the best!

I still find it funny that Gase was the hot HC prospect and now finally gets an OC job after what 3 or 4 OC interviews?

@RavensInsider
Ravens are considering former Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg for quarterbacks coach job, according to sources

notlikethis.gif
facedowninpuddlepinocchio.gif
throwinthedamntowel.gif
lighter.gif

Bowser

I abhor this Musgrave hire. This is a critical year for Carr's development and you don't give him a coordinator stuck in the stone ages. Not when this division will be wide open.

Ian Wharton ‏@NFLFilmStudy 20m20 minutes ago
Ravens are talking with Eric Rowe in depth and Giants are meeting with Devin Smith

Ian Wharton ‏@NFLFilmStudy 24h24 hours ago
Giants GM Jerry Reese behind me talking about their need for OL and impact players

There's that playmaker tendancy.:D

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler 1h1 hour ago
Danny Shelton gets most of the attention but #Iowa DT Carl Davis has been dominant in 1-on-1 drills. Quick off the snap with punch/rip move
Danny Shelton another guy getting a ton of attention from Giants fans.

Also:

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 1h1 hour ago
For what it's worth, heard Giants especially interested in OL, LB + S crop down here. Obvious, but sounds like more than one OL is the plan.

MRSA

Banned
Raiders-GAF and MRSA anything you want to say about DeFilippo that Browns-GAF should know?

He's supposed to be the next Adam Gase or something, they're the same age and only had previous experience as QB coach. He did a good job with Carr and couldn't do shit with Pryor (Could you blame him?).

Being that he's young, he's either boom or bust, then again Browns have a new OC every season anyway. First question they probably asked him was "Can you work with Manziel?".

Raiders-GAF and MRSA anything you want to say about DeFilippo that Browns-GAF should know?

Good coach, sorry to lose him. Should be good for Manziel's development. He helped rework Carr's mechanics and footwork, and almost had Pryor looking like a real QB. Did a pretty good job with McGloin as well.

I'm not real sure about his offensive scheme or style, he's been exposed to different philosophies, but I'd expect him to tailor something to JFF's strengths, some spread and pistol concepts, and I'd expect him to be aggressive.

Would have preferred promoting him to our OC position and having Musgrave as the QB coach to be honest.

He's also a native Ohio-ion, not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

^^jags fans so disrespectful lately smh
I feel like it's destiny that the Browns will have to do Hard Knocks.
I don't want this, fuck you Goodell.

And edit: I can't say the Browns are tied in on Manziel for the season, it'll be a ongoing process this offseason.

Mrbob

I feel like you're just getting your laughs in while you can Bob...

I feel pretty good right now. The Bears are going to be a dumpster fire next season but it will be a dumpster fire with direction. Going from Marc Trestman and Mel Tucker to John Fox and Vic Fangio, it gives me the warm and fuzzies. I'm hoping the team will be good by the time Rodgers starts to decline in a couple seasons.

Tomsula should be a whole season of fun.

Syrinx

Wait the Bugs cheated in a Super Bowl too?

Hahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Edit:My phone autocorrected Bucs to Bugs. Still keeping it!

Hahahahahahahahaha get fucked snesley!

We "cheated" in the same way a kid in school cheats when the teacher accidentally leaves all the answers up on the board.

Edit: Oh, Brad Johhnson. Fuck Brad Johnson

cdyhybrid

I kinda feel bad for Tomsula.

Unless he's the one that put the idea in Baalke's head that he would win more games than Harbs, in which case he's about to reap what he sowed.

Farooq

Banned
If the Cowboys land Pernell McPhee in FA, I would be so happy.

Also CB Quinten Rollins is a guy to keep an eye on. A lot of buzz around him, interesting background, stock may rise after the bowl.

Furyous

I feel like it's destiny that the Browns will have to do Hard Knocks.

I'm going thermonuclear war on someone's puppy if this happens. What are the storylines on Hard Knocks Cleveland edition? The only one I can think of is Johnny's study habit. This could be the worst thing to happen to the Browns since Prime Ed Reed, Prime Ray Lewis, Prime Troy Palomalu, and Prime Hames Jarrison amongst others.

In other news, my chromecast arrived and the only good thing I used it for is streaming basketball games from my computer to my hdtv. Google needs to give it a user interface of some kind outside of backdrops. My PS4 is sitting right next to it feeling unloved.

*EDIT*

I need to research that pool she was standing in because it sounds like a fun place to visit.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/...t-congratulations-nfl-coaches-not-jim-tomsula

:jnc

Even Marc Trestman is off the board. Can't wait to see the dream team Tomsula comes up with.

From the link:

Tim Kawakami reported that sometime in the last year, Jed York told front office people that he thought Tomsula could have won more games than Harbaugh. This reportedly got back to Harbaugh eventually, and it led to a rift in his relationship with Tomsula. It is entirely possible TK is hearing an exaggerated version of this, but I don't doubt someone actually told him something along these lines.

Good ol York!

Farooq

Banned
Being a "Yes man" ain't so bad, look how long Jason Garrett has been employed.

I know this is in jest but I am a bit tired of this narrative. Garrett built a culture, and his philosophy has influenced every facet of the Cowboys football operations.

The culture he built is the reason both Marinelli and Linehan re-signed.

Scott Linehan said:
“I told somebody I don’t think I ever had as much fun as I did last year coaching,” Linehan said. “There were a lot of things. It wasn’t just the winning. It was the way the organization is run and the day to day and working for Jason [Garrett]. All of those things have been great.”

Marinelli cited the Jones family, coach Jason Garrett and the players as the top reasons why he chose to remain in Dallas with a three-year deal.

“I just love it here,” Marinelli said as he checked into his hotel at the Pro Bowl on Tuesday. “I love football and this place, it just reeks with tradition and winning and wanting to win, wanting to be the very, very best. I think that’s as exciting as anything.”

MRSA

Banned
I know this is in jest but I am a bit tired of this narrative. Garrett built a culture, and his philosophy has influenced every facet of the Cowboys football operations.

The culture he built is the reason both Marinelli and Linehan re-signed.

An offensive mind that gets all his playcalling duties stripped away is pretty much a "Yes man".

Its not Garrett's Cowboys, its Jerry's Cowboys no matter how you put it. The only thing I can recall JG going against old man Jerruh was denying him his birthright to Manziel.

An offensive mind that gets all his playcalling duties stripped away is pretty much a "Yes man".

Its not Garrett's Cowboys, its Jerry's Cowboys no matter how you put it. The only thing I can recall JG going against old man Jerruh was denying him his birthright to Manziel.

We are the new cowboys :(

DMczaf

brad johnson just had to open his mouth

dirty pats sympathizer

Johnson told Mike Florio that he and the other quarterback in that Super Bowl, Oakland’s Rich Gannon, talked about it beforehand and both agreed that they didn’t want to play with the slick, brand-new balls that the NFL was using for the Super Bowl. Johnson said he didn’t personally tamper with the footballs, but he did pay the people who had the balls to break them in and make them easier to handle.

“Both Rich Gannon and I, we had played together in Minnesota, we both agreed,” Johnson said. “I never saw the footballs, Rich Gannon never saw the footballs. And we played, no one complained.”

“I talked to Rich Gannon this morning and he said, ‘This is way blown out of proportion,'” Johnson said.

No story. Sorry Pats fans, you'll just have to find another one!

Farooq

Banned

Can't argue getting stripped of play calling is a good look. Jerry loves to micromanage. But if Garrett is a "yes-man", then Jerry re-built the team, Jerry created an environment conducive to winning. I just don't see that.

Meanwhile, reports suggest that his son and Will McClay handle the personnel side of things with heavy influence from the coaching staff. Garrett came in and they end up drafting corner stone players, they limit big free agent signings, and built the team up from abysmal mediocrity. Garrett can navigate Jerry like no other coach. Dude was made for this role and has his fingerprints all over the team.

Top Bottom