• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Fox318

1546268_10206140807467675_3108108203344330285_n.jpg

wouldn't WCW be more apt for Atlanta?

I wonder if Kaep will show any improvement after this off-season training with Warner.

If he can get it through his thick skull to take the gimme check down every now and again instead of waitinG for a 40 yard bomb to develop he will improve.

Our offense can't get much worse than last year

Rainy

Banned
If he can get it through his thick skull to take the gimme check down every now and again instead of waitinG for a 40 yard bomb to develop he will improve.

Our offense can't get much worse than last year

Yeah it was fucking abysmal at times last year. Also I try to keep up when I can but is Frank retiring or sticking around another year?

Yeah it was fucking abysmal at times last year. Also I try to keep up when I can but is Frank retiring or sticking around another year?

Well he's not retiring. We will try to keep him around but will likely low ball him. Although if Demarco Murray's offer is 4 mil per year I'm not sure what frank thinks he should get

squicken

Rams can't interview who they want for OC and no one wants the Browns job. Mike Martz? Frank Cignetti? After hiring Shurmur, maybe best to look beyond STL for offensive coaches

Jarnet87

Poopernick just needs to realize he's not a great qb and he is better off being a dual threat guy. There were lots of opportunities for him to run around and make plays with his legs but he didn't. I guess that contract made him think he was a real qb

So Adam Gase,

Am I the only one that believes his stock is faling because Peyton audibled out of every play?

Lol probably nobody believes his offense can work without a Peyton-level QB, and even with Peyton breaking records, it resulted in massacre in the SB and a one-and-done against an inferior Colts team where the offense couldn't do anything.

Another really great breakdown by Big Blue View. This time on what to look for when breaking down film on a tackle/guard. Again the focus of the breakdown is on prospect Brandon Sherff who continues to be linked to the Giants. The analysis concludes that Sherff projects best as an NFL guard and breaks down several plays in his game vs indiana.

Great read and worth your while even if you're not a Giants fan.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/1/2...pect-brandon-scherff-a-2015-guard-or-a-tackle

I'd be very surprised if you read through all that mess. If you did, kudos, it was exhausting for me to type. If you didn't, I don't blame you, so here's the conclusion I got from watching this game. Brandon Scherff looks like a guard. Not a tackle, but a guard. Let's go over why:

Let's first talk about pass protection. He looked really, really good when he jumped off the snap and initiated contact with the defensive lineman. His upper body strength is elite. His hand fighting is elite. Once he latches on to you, I saw maybe once or twice in that 16 minute video of a defender breaking free. He looked uncomfortable when he had to go into a typical kick slide and allow the defender to initiate contact with him. Why? His feet looked slow and he struggled with hand placement when he was in space (or rather, whatever limited space there is between him and the defender). He made most of his mistakes in pass protection with that. It doesn't allow him to use his brutal strength to his advantage. He DID impress me at times with how fast he could recover ... especially his feet. But that was too inconsistent for me right now.

Now, do you think his knee injury had something to do with it? I'm sure it did, but I am only commenting on THIS video.

In run blocking, it's clear as day that he's probably one of the best run blockers in the draft. He's just an absolute monster. So why is his grade only a +1.0? Well if you go back to the actual grades given out per play, you'll see him have a fantastic grade when it's just to move the guy in front of him out of the way. Perfect technique every single. time.

LevelNth

Banned
Poopernick just needs to realize he's not a great qb and he is better off being a dual threat guy. There were lots of opportunities for him to run around and make plays with his legs but he didn't. I guess that contract made him think he was a real qb
Thankfully we can get out of that contract extremely easily after next season, so I'm hoping he knows it's now or never if he ever wants to collect an $18-20m paycheck each season.

Rams can't interview who they want for OC and no one wants the Browns job. Mike Martz? Frank Cignetti? After hiring Shurmur, maybe best to look beyond STL for offensive coaches
Browns are in the process of adding a guy that was top on there list from the start. Nothing wrong with due diligence and interviewing lots of guys, a Qb coach needs to be added too.
A senior Offensive assistant might be added also
Squicken Grossi

rando14

There is too much aggression in the main thread, this is my home now

BG please introduce me to your frands!! Also pls point out the sluts

Draxal

Another really great breakdown by Big Blue View. This time on what to look for when breaking down film on a tackle/guard. Again the focus of the breakdown is on prospect Brandon Sherff who continues to be linked to the Giants. The analysis concludes that Sherff projects best as an NFL guard and breaks down several plays in his game vs indiana.

Great read and worth your while even if you're not a Giants fan.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/1/2...pect-brandon-scherff-a-2015-guard-or-a-tackle

Reese isn't going to draft a guard at 9, I also don't trust Iowa players at tackle (remember Gallery).

eznark

Banned
I don't really understand using a game against Indiana's defense as an indicator of anything. I think their front four had a combined weight less than kas

I don't really understand using a game against Indiana's defense as an indicator of anything. I think their front four had a combined weight less than kas
Its an odd choice, yeah but I've seen plenty of film on Sherff otherwise to make the analysis a nice addendum piece. I posted a link earlier in the thread to a nearly 90 minute session of Lance Zierlein breaking his play down across multiple games. He was a little higher on him as a tackle than this particular article.

Reese isn't going to draft a guard at 9.
He all but said it in the press conference when asked about Zack Martin. If given the choice between a guard or a playmaker - he's taking the playmaker. Though that goes back to the old adage of not taking a guard high in the draft for all teams. I understand the thinking but I've seen others push for Landon Collins at 9 for us and if given the choice between the two - I'll take the guard. I don't really like Collins that high at all.

eznark

Banned
Its an odd choice, yeah but I"ve seen plenty of film on Sherff otherwise to make the analysis a nice addendum piece. I posted a link earlier in the thread to a nearly 90 minute session of Lance Zierlein breaking his play down across multiple games. He was a little higher on him as a tackle than this particular article.

They had one of the best offensive performances of the year against Wisconsin and I remember he stood out. Wonder why you wouldn't use that game, considering Wisconsin's defense was highly ranked all year long.

Draxal

He all but said it in the press conference when asked about Zack Martin. If given the choice between a guard or a playmaker - he's taking the guard. Though that goes back to the old adage of taking a guard high in the draft for all teams. I understand the thinking but I've seen others push for Landon Collins at 9 for us and if given the choice between the two - I'll take the guard. I don't really Collins that high at all.

Honestly, I want a lineman, I'm extremely jealous of how Dallas built their line, but with Stanley not making the draft, it doesn't seem to be a fit there unless the Giants reach (which I'm cool with them doing because they've been money in the first round).

Wellington asked which player to focus on the draft and I asked Collins, because safeties aren't just that picked that high unless they are the elite of the elite, so I'm waiting to see his review as well.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

And then the Browns hire John DeFilippo as their new OC not even 24hrs after this comment.

Oh my.

njean777

They hell are the Eagles up to? The last I heard were rumors that they may try to sign mariotta? They are being really quiet as of late.

gutshot

They hell are the Eagles up to? The last I heard were rumors that they may try to sign mariotta? They are being really quiet as of late.

They just recently made some coaching changes. Not much else is gonna happen since free agency doesn't start until March and the draft isn't until April. They do need to hire a "GM" and a QB coach. Expect those will come in the next week or two once Chip gets back from the Senior Bowl.

BigAT

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/chuck-norris-thumbs-up-dodgeball-gif.gif[img]

This is a good article. I absolutely loathe when players bring God into game outcomes.

[url]http://sports.cbslocal.com/2015/01/21/bernstein-god-made-russell-wilson-throw-interceptions/[/url][/QUOTE]

Maybe God was punishing Rodgers for his sinful lifestyle.

Wait the Bugs cheated in a Super Bowl too?

Hahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Edit:My phone autocorrected Bucs to Bugs. Still keeping it!

Hahahahahahahahaha get fucked snesley!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
From OBR the hope springs eternal post about our new OC:

The skinny:
Born April 12, 1978 (age 36) in Youngstown, Ohio.
Played QB at James Madison University.
Began his coaching career in 2000 as a QB coach for Fordham University.
Broke into the NFL as an offensive quality control coach under Tom Coughlin with the New York Giants.
Named QB coach for the Oakland Raiders in 2007.
QB Coach for the New York Jets in 2009 - coached rookie Mark Sanchez, goes to AFC title game.
Serves as QB coach at San Jose State University in 2010, named OC in 2011 - offense jumps 32 spots nationally the year after he takes over as OC.
Returns to Oakland in 2012 as QB coach, his current position - in 2012 he coaches Carson Palmer, who has Raiders single-season second best passing total (4,018 yards).
Was considered for the OC opening last year.

Top Bottom